What if Paper Mario: Sticker Star was re-released on Wii U?

Sonicyay2

Monty Mole
Your opinions?
inb4anyonesaysno
Me? I think it would be pretty cool. Not only le updated graphics(of course), but also stickers on the GamePad and main game on the TV and switchable? Cool.
Anyways, tell me your opinions. Even though some are already clear to me.

eh. people will probably whine about "errmahgerd its not the exact same as its prequels!" i would probably like it.

aregularforumuser said:
eh. people will probably whine about "errmahgerd its not the exact same as its prequels!" i would probably like it.
It's not like that. Super Paper Mario wasn't the exact same, but I still loved it. Sticker Star was nothing like the others.

^ Exactly. Even though Super Paper Mario didn't have turn-based battles, it still stayed true to what the past games established, which is a lot more than what could be said about Sticker Star. It's almost as if that game was designed to be a slap in the face.

Not to say it's a success or failure, I don't think it's a large game to fit in WiiU. Unless there is a sequel that enhance maps, stories and you can have full abilities and partners this time. I think they didn't plan to do that, we'd better expect for a new Paper game.

If Sticker Star was re-released, I would probably commit suicide. If they're gonna do a WiiU Paper Mario remake, it had better be one of the first three.

If they did that, I'll kill someone at Nintendo

Sonicyay2 said:
Your opinions?
inb4anyonesaysno
Me? I think it would be pretty cool. Not only le updated graphics(of course), but also stickers on the GamePad and main game on the TV and switchable? Cool.
Anyways, tell me your opinions. Even though some are already clear to me.
What's the point of this?
Seriously. The original game just came out, it sucked, and it has nothing to gain from being on the Wii U.

It's barely been five months, if memory serves. IMO, none of the games need reboots on the Wii U, especially not this one (nothing to do with its reception, since I like(d) it).

Fawful said:
If Sticker Star was re-released, I would probably commit suicide.
Baby Luigi said:
Seems a bit drastic...

Anyways, I haven't played Sticker Star, so I have no real opinion here, but I would like to see one of the other PM games remade.

Time Turner said:
Fawful said:
If Sticker Star was re-released, I would probably commit suicide.
Baby Luigi said:
Seems a bit drastic...

You know it and I know it

Well, that's almost as though they are just asking for no one to play their games.

If they re-did TTYD, I think that everyone will just die in happiness.

I would enjoy if they made minor changes, like less enemies on Twilight Trail or not appear as quickly as they do.

The only way I'd ever want to play Sticker Star on a Wii U is through an addon for the system that allows DS/3DS games to be played on the Wii U ala Super Game Boy/Game Boy Player, which could work with the GamePad and some HD TVs supporting 3D...

The chances of this happening are very slim.

And no I would not buy it.

What's so bad about PM:SS anyways? I didn't get very far in it (end of world 2 iirc), but from what I played, it was pretty fun. The only thing I could consider "bad" is how hard some of the levels are to figure out without a walkthrough. Hell, even Wikipedia says that the game got mostly positive reviews.

I will admit, lack of partners is a huge downside, but other than that, what was so bad about it? They re-added the RPG fighting style that people whined that SPM didn't have, so I'd like to hear what else people hate about this game.

Solar Blaze said:
MCS said:
What's so bad about PM:SS anyways?
What, besides taking away almost everything that made the series what it was?
Like original characters, running gags, hilarious dialogue, partners, a reason to actually fight enemies, a story, original worlds, and who knows what else, I typed these without even thinking.

MCS said:
I will admit, lack of partners is a huge downside, but other than that, what was so bad about it?
I said "almost everything", so I wasn't just referring to the lack of partners. I'd say more, but Nabber has pretty much summed everything up.

Besides the fact that the gameplay gets statle pretty quickly.

Also, I haven't played much of the game, but it seems that there are battles where all of your items are turned into flip flops, which is just plain stupid.

Solar Blaze said:
I'd say more, but Nabber has pretty much summed everything up.

Gundam Tanaka said:
What's the point of this?
Seriously. The original game just came out, it sucked, and it has nothing to gain from being on the Wii U.

That's not a very good summing up, if that's what Solar Blaze wants to call it.

Gundam Tanaka said:
Besides the fact that the gameplay gets stale pretty quickly.

Also, I haven't played much of the game, but it seems that there are battles where all of your items are turned into flip flops, which is just plain stupid.

Maybe for some people, but I didn't think it got stale. And the flip flops are actually pretty funny. It's not like that happens for boss battles, does it?

MCS said:
That's not a very good summing up, if that's what Solar Blaze wants to call it.
I meant this post:

Gundam Tanaka said:
Like original characters, running gags, hilarious dialogue, partners, a reason to actually fight enemies, a story, original worlds, and who knows what else, I typed these without even thinking.

MCS said:
It's not like that happens for boss battles, does it?
Yes, it does. It happens in two out of three battles with Kamek.

Solar Blaze said:
Yes, it does. It happens in two out of three battles with Kamek.

Those aren't even big boss battles though. At least, from my memory, the battle with Kamek in World 2 wasn't that hard.

Back