What if Paper Mario: Sticker Star was re-released on Wii U?

Gundam Tanaka said:
Solar Blaze said:
MCS said:
What's so bad about PM:SS anyways?
What, besides taking away almost everything that made the series what it was?
Like original characters, running gags, hilarious dialogue, partners, a reason to actually fight enemies, a story, original worlds, and who knows what else, I typed these without even thinking.
You also forgot fun combat that's not designed to poop all over your OCD.

Solar Blaze said:
MCS said:
That's not a very good summing up, if that's what Solar Blaze wants to call it.
I meant this post:

Gundam Tanaka said:
Like original characters, running gags, hilarious dialogue, partners, a reason to actually fight enemies, a story, original worlds, and who knows what else, I typed these without even thinking.

MCS said:
It's not like that happens for boss battles, does it?
Yes, it does. It happens in two out of three battles with Kamek.
Seriously. Who's idea was it to make multiple battles where you can only use one attack?

Xpike said:

Such as using Stickers in a certain order and a certain quantity per battle?

Take a Paper Mario game where you can only collect and use items (and call them stickers) and you get Sticker Star in a nutshell.

Baby Luigi said:
Xpike said:

Such as using Stickers in a certain order and a certain quantity per battle?

Or feeling the urge to sort your stickers inbetween every move

That's not really OCD. OCD is more of a ritual thing (such as washing your hands four times) than having the urge to use things up.

Grifty said:
Take a Paper Mario game where you can only collect and use items (and call them stickers) and you get Sticker Star in a nutshell.

Don't forget the bare plot and characters.

I gave birth to such a crazy thread :eek:

Sonicyay2 said:
I gave birth to such a crazy thread :eek:

This is not any crazier than the sh-- I see at Mindless Junk. Not even close.

Also I watched a bit of the final boss and
Bowser heals himself. Multiple times. That's just cheap.

Gundam Tanaka said:
Didn't he do that in Paper Mario, didn't Shadow Queen do that in TYYD, didn't Dark Bowser do it in BiS. Explain those then.

NSY said:
Gundam Tanaka said:
Didn't he do that in Paper Mario, didn't Shadow Queen do that in TYYD, didn't Dark Bowser do it in BiS. Explain those then.
I can't speak for Paper Mario, but
The Shadow Queen only did it once, I believe, and your stats were restored. Dark Bowser wasn't even a final boss. And finally, in Sticker Star, this is actually a problem since you've used up unrenewable resources (stickers).

Gundam Tanaka said:
Dark Bowser wasn't even a final boss.
Yes, he was. He was Bowser's final boss, while Dark Fawful was Mario and Luigi's.

Fawful said:
Sticker Star's final boss was pathetic. So was SPM's, but still...
Yeah, but Giant Bowser was even more pathetic, and I didn't think they'd ever come up with a final boss that was easier than Super Dimentio.

Toadette and Koopa Lover said:
Gee, why do so many hate the game? I thought it was kinda fun without the partners.

Why do you hate the partners? Or that's how I think you're saying...

Explain more thoroughly: why do you like this game?

Baby Luigi said:
Toadette and Koopa Lover said:
Gee, why do so many hate the game? I thought it was kinda fun without the partners.

Why do you hate the partners? Or that's how I think you're saying...

Explain more thoroughly: why do you like this game?

I don't hate the partners, but I thought it was fun without them.
Also, I did think the stickers were an easier way to attack enemies and wouldn't take too much time.

Solar Blaze said:
Gundam Tanaka said:
Dark Bowser wasn't even a final boss.
Yes, he was. He was Bowser's final boss, while Dark Fawful was Mario and Luigi's.

Fawful said:
Sticker Star's final boss was pathetic. So was SPM's, but still...
Yeah, but Giant Bowser was even more pathetic, and I didn't think they'd ever come up with a final boss that was easier than Super Dimentio.
The first phase of the final boss was fine to be honest, it had what a final boss should have but the second phase was indeed poor.

I'm sorry, but my answer is NO. A million times NO. The folks at Nintendo and Intelligent Systems would possibly be out of whack if they gave that idea a green light for development.

The 3DS game we have is enough. Seriously.

Sticker Star wasn't even funny. Bowser never talked, and every joke boils down to "GET IT??! CUZ ITS PAPER!! LOL"

Crazy Dave said:
Sticker Star wasn't even funny. Bowser never talked, and every joke boils down to "GET IT??! CUZ ITS PAPER!! LOL"
This. The game was easily one of the most boring and bland Nintendo games I have ever played.

Also, to the OP, it would be a HUGE waste of re-release if Nintendo decided to do that.

Back