Mario Party 10

Smasher said:
Anser said:
I'd prefer if they didn't include generic enemies

I don't agree with this, though. In Mario games that include them, I actually tend to prefer playing as the generic enemies (Koopa, Shy Guy, Dry Bones, Boo, etc) more than Mario, Luigi, etc.

Definitely. I'm more of a generic person myself, which is why I really hate additions of very minor characters, with the exception of Rosalina. She didn't really feel like a minor character to me though. Nor Dry Bowser.

Xerneas said:
Smasher said:
Anser said:
I'd prefer if they didn't include generic enemies

I don't agree with this, though. In Mario games that include them, I actually tend to prefer playing as the generic enemies (Koopa, Shy Guy, Dry Bones, Boo, etc) more than Mario, Luigi, etc.

Definitely. I'm more of a generic person myself, which is why I really hate additions of very minor characters, with the exception of Rosalina. She didn't really feel like a minor character to me though. Nor Dry Bowser.
Dry Bowser was a stupid addition. He's just like a color change.

I think generic characters are fine as long as they don't overwhelm the whole game roster.

And I think Toadette should return before they add some more generics.

I thought Baby Mario and Baby Luigi were pretty perfect for the Mario Party series. I don't think they're in yet because they have to face the violent world of Mario Party.

Baby Luigi said:
I thought Baby Mario and Baby Luigi were pretty perfect for the Mario Party series. I don't think they're in yet because they have to face the violent world of Mario Party.
They'd make some pretty good additions as well.

And Toadsworth.

Toadsworth would be nice, but I see him more of a host than playable. I mean, sure, he participated in baseball, but there's something about Mario Party that he couldn't fit in as playable...

Baby Luigi said:
Toadsworth would be nice, but I see him more of a host than playable. I mean, sure, he participated in baseball, but there's something about Mario Party that he couldn't fit in as playable...
I think he'd be perfect! I just imagine him getting burned or something in a minigame and making that old person noise he makes all the time.

Baby Luigi said:

Oh, when that happens, I know who I'm playing as. And I do think that they would be great additions to the game because I mean they're about the same height as a Shy Guy or Toad.

Virion said:
Baby Luigi said:
I think he'd be perfect! I just imagine him getting burned or something in a minigame and making that old person noise he makes all the time.

Eh....not really. I think that he would be too old to play it. When he hosted MP7, it was a perfect position for him. He just doesn't seem like one that would really look great as a character, walking across the boards and using a cane to walk as fast as he can...it doesn't paint a very pretty picture.

That would be totally awesome. I can imagine it too, but that's mainly because I have the ability to imagine Link in Mario Party :P

Xerneas said:
Oh, when that happens, I know who I'm playing as. And I do think that they would be great additions to the game because I mean they're about the same height as a Shy Guy or Toad.

Ikr? They already put a Mario Kart Double Dash!! character in the series (Toadette) why not add those two annoying brats we both love?

Baby Peach and Baby Daisy make nice additions as well. Just imagine a Baby match with Baby Mario and Baby Luigi pitting against Baby Peach and Baby Daisy (and winning).

Oh god, now you've made me want the two baby princesses, JUST for the 4 baby match to see who's the best baby :]

For me, I want to see Baby Peach fall off a cliff, scream like a banashee, and get eaten by a giant Piranha Plant. Then, the Piranha Plant spits coins and explodes in the process. What's left is Baby Peach's pacifier.

I just want to see Baby Daisy electrocuted by an amp, Baby Luigi smashed by a Whomp, and Baby Mario who was in a bubble but popped because a spiky ball hit him and you see him flying down with balloons flying away from him yeah totally not referencing Bumper Bubbles no way.

The Diceblock in MP9 Is From 1-6 thats rubbish it was better at 1-10
The Original Mario Parties were better,

As much as I don't really care for Baby Daisy, that would be pretty hilarious. But 4 babies is unlikely,

For the next Wii U Mario Party, I'm guessing somewhere between 14-16 characters, so I made a list of what characters I would want if I had to choose out of 16.

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Wario
Waluigi
Yoshi
Birdo
Toad
Toadette
Shy Guy
Boo
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Luma
Rosalina

Virion said:
As much as I don't really care for Baby Daisy, that would be pretty hilarious. But 4 babies is unlikely,

For the next Wii U Mario Party, I'm guessing somewhere between 14-16 characters, so I made a list of what characters I would want if I had to choose out of 16.

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Wario
Waluigi
Yoshi
Birdo
Toad
Toadette
Shy Guy
Boo
Dry-Bones
Blooper
Magikoopa/Kamek
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Rosalina

That's closer to my list, though I would like to see those ones in italics in it too.

Xerneas said:
Virion said:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Wario
Waluigi
Yoshi
Birdo
Toad
Toadette
Shy Guy
Boo
Dry-Bones
Blooper
Magikoopa/Kamek
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Rosalina

That's closer to my list, though I would like to see those ones in italics in it too.
I hated Magikoopa's addition to MP9.

Blooper is fine I guess, but I'd replace Magikoopa with either Koopa or Dry Bones.

I'd probably bring the entire MP9 roster back, though it'd be nice to see Boo, Dry Bones, and Toadette brought back too, along with a new character or two.

I think Magikoopa/Kamek should be reverted to an NPC, since it makes no sense for him to play Bowser minigames.

I think Koopa Troopa makes more sense as an NPC, not a playable character. Same goes for Shy Guy. I think that's the biggest reason I don't like generic enemies being in Mario Party. Boo was pretty nice, though, but again, Boo is probably better as an item.

Pink Boos can always replace Boo

La Marionette said:
I think Koopa Troopa makes more sense as an NPC, not a playable character. Same goes for Shy Guy. I think that's the biggest reason I don't like generic enemies being in Mario Party. Boo was pretty nice, though, but again, Boo is probably better as an item.

Koopa's awesome!

All I want for MP10 is Toadette, Blooper and Shy Guy.

Was incredibly pissed to learn Toadette wasn't in MP9, hoping they don't do that again.

La Marionette said:
For me, I want to see Baby Peach fall off a cliff, scream like a banashee, and get eaten by a giant Piranha Plant. Then, the Piranha Plant spits coins and explodes in the process. What's left is Baby Peach's pacifier.
Baby Luigi said:
I just want to see Baby Daisy electrocuted by an amp, Baby Luigi smashed by a Whomp, and Baby Mario who was in a bubble but popped because a spiky ball hit him and you see him flying down with balloons flying away from him yeah totally not referencing Bumper Bubbles no way.
You two are scaring me.

Garrus Vakarian said:
La Marionette said:
Baby Luigi said:
You two are scaring me.

My mission is complete

At least it's only one baby that gets slaughtered in my case.

Back