Shovel Knight

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/248319-yacht-club-pr-shovel-knight-plague-of-shadows-information-and-screenshots

HAPPENING

52vMOJG.jpg

Ermac said:
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/248319-yacht-club-pr-shovel-knight-plague-of-shadows-information-and-screenshots

HAPPENING

52vMOJG.jpg
omgyes

why have i not heard of this

http://gonintendo.com/stories/239962-shovel-knight-plague-of-shadows-development-complete

SOON

give it to me now pls ty

I never played this, but I am glad I didn't because I would love to have the retail version of this game (namely, the Wii U version).

Thanks for reading.

http://yachtclubgames.com/2015/09/plague-of-shadows-release-date/

Sept 17th

Anyone know how to return to the overground in the first town?

I doubt I missed anything (iirc I snatched something important up there) but I dislike being locked out of it completely.

Lyn said:

I doubt I missed anything (iirc I snatched something important up there) but I dislike being locked out of it completely.
I'm pretty sure you can't get back to the town

I take it you miss croaker?

Lyn said:

You'll need to get to the 3rd set of levels to return there, but I don't know if it's possible to get past the guard.

EDIT: I found out you can check if you have everything in a level by pressing select on the map screen. (for 3DS)

Plague takes so much more time to get used to but once you do he is a blast.

Okay wow so Plague Knight has a much better story. There's actual development and Plague himself is a wonderfully snarky little a-hole with a lot of insecurities. This is how you do a villain protagonist story right. You really end up pulling for him by the end.

also the ending screen made me smile so much i can't even

Yeah I got to download Plague of Shadows yesterday and finished it today.

Absolutely fantastic. Plague Knight's inventory is a little excessive, once I bought something I used it a few times then didn't touch it for the rest of the game (mostly), but man I can't believe it only took an alchemy system and a new story for me to fall in love with Shovel Knight again. Such a fantastic retelling, and I think Plague Knight's story is even better than Shovel Knight's tbh. The fact that it was free was a bonus, I would've gladly paid money for this.

Makes me excited to see what they do with Spectre Knight omg

ooo replies

Lyn said:

There's literally nothing you need in town and you can't access the main part again, but if you're desperate to revisit the house you entered through, Percy will launch you there after you fix his catapult and take the Armour Outpost.

You can get a cipher coin by breaking the wall to the very left of the sewer iirc

Threek said:
propeller knight is kicking my ass up and down the block

arrrrgh
I thought I just sucked at first but apparently a lot of people are saying he's harder to beat as Plague Knight D:

I have the most deaths for his level and I'm so glad I got all the cipher coins on the first try otherwise I think I would've given up trying to get them all.

I used a combination of lob/bounce casing, cluster powder and sentry fuse to take him down, switching between lob and bounce depending on whether he was flying or not. plague knight's jump and speed make dodging propeller knight's attacks pretty much impossible, so whenever propeller knight lunged I had to use the Vat and bomb him from high up.

not to mention i maxed out my health with tonics

god i almost gave up at one point

As a person who likes to 100%, these cipher coins hurt my soul because I tend to miss one or two in every other stage and it's probably going to be a pain to find which were missed.

Vocal Beat said:
Lyn said:

You'll need to get to the 3rd set of levels to return there, but I don't know if it's possible to get past the guard.
Yeah I figured it out last night.

GBAToad said:
Lyn said:

There's literally nothing you need in town and you can't access the main part again, but if you're desperate to revisit the house you entered through, Percy will launch you there after you fix his catapult and take the Armour Outpost.

You can get a cipher coin by breaking the wall to the very left of the sewer iirc
The coin was what I got, but apparently I had missed a sheet note in the overground-underground transition so that's nice to have now.

Threek said:
propeller knight is kicking my ass up and down the block

arrrrgh
When he was right above me, I surging staff'd him. Otherwise, I just jumped around and threw the standard bombs at him.

Admittedly that probably shouldn't have worked but it did.

• Lyn said:
    As a person who likes to 100%, these cipher coins hurt my soul because I tend to miss one or two in every other stage and it's probably going to be a pain to find which were missed.
    Having just gone through all of the stages I missed coins in, the pain is real.

my worst experiences:
  • I didn't know you could go through the Shovel Knight door in Pridemoor Keep by holding the down button D:
  • In the extra Plague Knight-exclusive area in the Iron Whale, I threw a bomb at a wall I thought was unbreakable the first time, and it broke, revealing the only two coins I needed for the stage. ARGH
  • The last three coins I needed were at the very beginning of the Tower of Fate entrance (just walk left instead of right) and it took me resetting the stage once I'd reached Black Knight (who, might I add, is a far bigger prick in this story than he was in Shovel Knight's, but I digress) to realise that.

Getting all of the coins actually nets you a cool reward which I won't spoil but I think I'm going to have to start a new game+ file to really appreciate it

Back