Finding Dory

No no no! Pixar, why must you ruin my childhood?

OK, Toy Story 3 was great, but it just came out at the right time. But, seriously, doesn't Pixar know getting too settled into their already made franchises is pretty much the death of any company that wants to innovate? Sure, they'll get more money, but they won't get as much prestige for it.

Well, they're still making original films. The Good Dinosaur is one of them.

That too. But that movie isn't comparable to what Pixar had been doing, really...

So yeah, the whole "Pixar is gonna be a sequel-whoring out company!" argument is pretty much rendered moot

humanity discovers that there's a real group called the Space Rangers and Buzz goes off to help them fight galactic crime

(removed by self)

Time Turner said:
Gundam Tanaka said:
Well, they're focussing a bit too much on sequels now...
At least they'll leave Toy Story as it is. Hopefully.

What would a fourth Toy Story movie be like, anyways?
they would be owned by robots in the year 431325252555255 AD

Are you comparing video game sequels to movie sequels

that's a rhetorical question because you are and that's stupid

Time Turner said:
Gundam Tanaka said:

Tom Hanks indicated a 4th one, but there is no official confirmation from Pixar

Baby Luigi said:
Time Turner said:
Gundam Tanaka said:

Tom Hanks indicated a 4th one, but there is no official confirmation from Pixar
NO.

leave it as it is.

I like to think that toy story 3 was the end of Toy story.

especially with andy growing up and stuff.

I agree. People should realize when a franchise should end. Toy Story 4 would pretty much muck up the Andy growing up emotional thing.

FindingDoryLogoTemp_small-620x348.jpg

Disney's press release said:
I have waited for this day for a long, long, long, long, long, long time,” said DeGeneres. “I’m not mad it took this long. I know the people at Pixar were busy creating ‘Toy Story 16.’ But the time they took was worth it. The script is fantastic. And it has everything I loved about the first one: It’s got a lot of heart, it’s really funny, and the best part is—it’s got a lot more Dory.”

Director and Pixar veteran Andrew Stanton takes audiences back to the extraordinary underwater world created in the original film. “There is no Dory without Ellen,” said Stanton. “She won the hearts of moviegoers all over the world—not to mention our team here at Pixar. One thing we couldn’t stop thinking about was why she was all alone in the ocean on the day she met Marlin. In ‘Finding Dory,’ she will be reunited with her loved ones, learning a few things about the meaning of family along the way.”

According to Stanton, “Finding Dory” takes place about a year after the first film, and features returning favorites Marlin, Nemo and the Tank Gang, among others. Set in part along the California coastline, the story also welcomes a host of new characters, including a few who will prove to be a very important part of Dory’s life.

the official release is november 25th, 2015

The Undertaker said:
Disney's press release said:
I have waited for this day for a long, long, long, long, long, long time,” said DeGeneres. “I’m not mad it took this long. I know the people at Pixar were busy creating ‘Toy Story 16.’ But the time they took was worth it. The script is fantastic. And it has everything I loved about the first one: It’s got a lot of heart, it’s really funny, and the best part is—it’s got a lot more Dory.”

Director and Pixar veteran Andrew Stanton takes audiences back to the extraordinary underwater world created in the original film. “There is no Dory without Ellen,” said Stanton. “She won the hearts of moviegoers all over the world—not to mention our team here at Pixar. One thing we couldn’t stop thinking about was why she was all alone in the ocean on the day she met Marlin. In ‘Finding Dory,’ she will be reunited with her loved ones, learning a few things about the meaning of family along the way.”

According to Stanton, “Finding Dory” takes place about a year after the first film, and features returning favorites Marlin, Nemo and the Tank Gang, among others. Set in part along the California coastline, the story also welcomes a host of new characters, including a few who will prove to be a very important part of Dory’s life.

the official release is november 25th, 2015

I wonder how the Tank Gang will escape from the bags.

Turbo-Tastic said:
Looker said:
Toy Story 4: Miner Pete's Revenge
i'm sorry but it's been ten years since he interacted with woody and besides he probably hooked up with barbie by now

Sid should get his revenge then

Baby Luigi said:
Turbo-Tastic said:
Looker said:
Toy Story 4: Miner Pete's Revenge
i'm sorry but it's been ten years since he interacted with woody and besides he probably hooked up with barbie by now

Sid should get his revenge then
Sid's grown up too, and has probably forgotten Andy since he moved away 17 years ago.

Baby Luigi said:
So yeah, the whole "Pixar is gonna be a sequel-whoring out company!" argument is pretty much rendered moot

Since 1995, Pixar released 1 sequel in 14 years.

Since 2010, they will have released 4 sequels/spinoffs in 5 years.

It's obvious they're leaning on sequels now, even if they're still making new IPs.

Christian Brutal Sniper said:
Baby Luigi said:

Since 1995, Pixar released 1 sequel in 14 years.

Since 2010, they will have released 4 sequels/spinoffs in 5 years.

It's obvious they're leaning on sequels now, even if they're still making new IPs.

Yeah I know that they're a bit focused on sequelization now compared to what they had been, but some people still exaggerate

Back