'Shroom Spotlight

With Super Mario World being such a popular game, I imagine if Goal Gate was used for it in some form of official capacity, we would have found it by now.

My personal feeling is that the name is conjectural, based on the fact that it's a gate and the goal.

We can just get rid of that statement anyway, it's not like we'd lose much in terms of official names. If someone does find that name some guide we don't know about, we can always just readd it back to the article. No worries.

I've made an example of rewriting the prose in Super Mario RPG as a list, because the parade really is just a list of characters who walk by. Otherwise, it's extremely repetitive to read through and I feel it just doesn't suit it.

I just got an idea.

We should take snapshots, and transform the list of character appearances into a gallery instead.

If we allowed embedded videos, this would've been a good idea. Hmm, why snapshots? Why not sprite rips?

Parades often come with floats and stuff, and screenshots capture the scene of multiple characters better than just a sprite of the character.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
I've made an example of rewriting the prose in Super Mario RPG as a list, because the parade really is just a list of characters who walk by. Otherwise, it's extremely repetitive to read through and I feel it just doesn't suit it.

I just got an idea.

We should take snapshots, and transform the list of character appearances into a gallery instead.
I wholeheartedly support this idea. The article itself needs more images anyway.

Results from researching the history of the N64DD article:
*Was initially added by TrickyMario7654 (a blocked user) in 2014.
*The day after his last block, the one who blocked him (Turboo) corrected the text to what it is now, saying when he changed it:
[quote author=Turboo]not really a noticeable piece of trivia, what with import stores and the like[/quote]
*However, this isn't when the tag was added.
*Instead, it was added by YoshiFlutterJump on Halloween 2017.

Other things to note
*Unfortunately, I can't go to NintendoWiki due to how it is, so I can't know what it says. May be good to check it out when it is open.
*The other NIWA wikis don't have any information about this.
*This leaves Wikipedia. And guess what. It has a citation needed too. And what is it for? It claims to have 85,000 units unsold, but no source. And this is an article with 102 sources.
*Another thing to note that there is a source for 15,000 units sold. Which is also the same amount of what we say was scraped. Weird.

Yoshi the SSM said:
*This leaves Wikipedia. And guess what. It has a citation needed too. And what is it for? It claims to have 85,000 units unsold, but no source. And this is an article with 102 sources.
*Another thing to note that there is a source for 15,000 units sold. Which is also the same amount of what we say was scraped. Weird.
I ended up deleting the whole sentence referring to units sold/unsold and/or scrapped. I could not find a solid official source for the amount of units sold or unsold, just because every website uses the same figures doesn't mean they actually looked into a valid source. The Wikipedia article sources an old The 64 Dream issue, which is the magazine now known as Nintendo Dream, but for the life of me I could not track down so much as a single page of this issue.

Perhaps in a Shroom Spotlight or two, you could bring up implementing unimplemented proposals as a goal? List is gettin' rather long I must say.

I mentioned it in a past section once, I remember TT asking. I'll try linking to it again, see if we can get anything, and I'll keep it up rather than having it a one-off mention.

The Paper Dry Bones article isn't going to be easy finding out for this info if it was on the Dry Bones page first. However, I did want to note that the user who posted before me was the one was the one who added it to the Paper Dry Bones page after creating the page. And it had that since he added it in.

Unfortunately, I have no way to confirm where this information can be found, as it was simply carried over from the split (which is why I carried over the “page number needed” tag as well). Sticker Star’s pre-release and unused content page does have a link to text dump that also mentions Shiny Dry Bones, so that could possibly be used as a reference in place of the Prima one if nothing can be found.

I was able to look in the Prima Guide for Sticker Star and confirm that Shiny Dry Bones is listed on page 36. I've added the reference to the page, though I still have access to the guide, so please let me know if you need anything further.

It is certainly do-able but I don't have a game dump required to do it.

Anyway, it's best to take a screenshot of the missing regional coin and crop it out. Looks like the screenshot is already there, though.

Then, if the image is not available, the image quality's request is unreasonable and should be taken off.

Ok. I was looking over the Big Daddy article history to see what I could find there. And here is the results:
*The article started out with the name Big Daddy.
**Back then it was a stub.
**The user who created the page is Knife/SpikeKnifeNeedleSword. Who hasn't been here since Dec 30, 2012.
**For reference of when he disappeared in terms of the article, the article was created on Dec 9, 2006.
*On July 26, 2008, a user by the name of YellowYoshi398 (whose last edit was on June 23, 2018) move the page from Big Daddy to Big Daddy of Blooper-surfing.
**He was also the one who added Bloopy a few minutes after changing the name.
**As for the reason he moved it, he said, "Correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems to be his most common title."
*On Aug 16, 2008, Phoenix Rider (whose last edit was on Apr 6, 2011) moved it back to Big Daddy with "I think it'd be better concise" for the reason for the move.
*This is actual a bit funny one. On Sep 1, 2014, An IP User with the number 75.137.105.185 added Brown Mustache to the name in the quote, when the guy doesn't have any mustache. Maybe that is why the IP User reverted it back soon afterwards.
**Ok. Back to more relevant stuff. Because the page has been vandalized quite a bit for a short article. Anyways.
*On Oct 24, 2018, the user with the name Results May Vary added the two ref needed.
**That edit was the last edit before the Spotlight notice got put up.

Back