'Shroom Spotlight

Time Turner said:
Question: I've taken two images of the Jet costume through Dolphin, one using the native quality (or as close as I can get), and one being put through Dolphin's enhancements (anti-aliasing, anisotropic filtering, and upping the resolution); which image should be used? The images are here, for comparison.

I strongly prefer the one with the enhancements. It's better illustrative, better presentation, and just better quality overall for the wiki. I think it would also be something our audience would prefer too.

I never believed in the thought that we should make our screenshots be as close to the original software as possible. Especially for N64 games, I don't think they're ever meant to be displayed in that tiny resolution, since most players would see them at the size of their television.

For the moment, I've uploaded the higher-quality shot. Now that I'm already running through the game, I might as well try to reupload all the other low-quality images as well.

Time Turner said:
Pardon, but you say that image is from the 2008 Winter Olympics, when it's from the London 2012 Olympic (judging by the pages it's used on).
Yep, that was a mistake on my part. Fixed that up now.

Time Turner said:
Question: I've taken two images of the Jet costume through Dolphin, one using the native quality (or as close as I can get), and one being put through Dolphin's enhancements (anti-aliasing, anisotropic filtering, and upping the resolution); which image should be used? The images are here, for comparison.
I know the image has been uploaded, but like Baby Luigi I prefer the latter one.

Baby Luigi said:
Especially for N64 games, I don't think they're ever meant to be displayed in that tiny resolution, since most players would see them at the size of their television.
speaking of which, I'm not the only one who finds the text here eye-wateringly hard to read? I don't think the image is supposed to be viewed at this resolution.
Koopabros1.png

compare it to this
20160417014846%21Koopabros1.png

YFJ said:
How about Mega Ball Rally for the next wanted article focus?
All of my focuses for next month have been decided on already, but I don't think Mega Ball Rally should get its own article.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume you're referring to the game mode for Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, and as far as I'm aware individual game modes don't get their own articles.

YFJ said:
The minigames from Open have articles, so why not Ultra Smash?
Because like I said, as far as I'm aware, Ultra Smash treats it as a separate game mode, rather than an individual minigame. You'll notice with all of the other games in the Tennis series that even though their minigames receive articles, the respective game modes, be it exhibition, tournament etc. do not. This also extends across the whole of the wiki.

It just seems inconsistent. I don’t quite understand why we don’t have an article for Mega Ball Rally solely because it is the only minigame in its respective game. Ring Shot in MT64 should also be moved from the MT64 page to our actual Ring Shot article (Ring Shot). I’ll have to make some sort of proposal regarding this.

Hey guys. Even though we managed to fulfill the goal for Propeller Mushroom, it's been highlighted that the reference used to give the name Propeller Suit for New Super Mario Bros. U is dead. Should be in a Prima guide if anyone's able to get that.

Pot of Greed said:
Hey guys. Even though we managed to fulfill the goal for Propeller Mushroom, it's been highlighted that the reference used to give the name Propeller Suit for New Super Mario Bros. U is dead. Should be in a Prima guide if anyone's able to get that.
Incidentally, the text references Prima but the source is for Famitsu. This link has the images that were referenced in the original citation, and they're entirely in Japanese. Which makes sense. Because Famitsu is Japanese. And it is not Prima.

Unless the citation was slotted into the wrong section, why is it there?

edit: The citation was originally for the existence of the item in the first place, and is therefore unnecessary now.

Sorry, just wanted to clarify about Canoeing: Are you talking about it in the Mario and Sonic sense, and if so, which game are you talking about? Five of them have a canoeing event, so I just want to make sure I don't cover the wrong one for you. I can probably get it done by the end of next week if it is a Mario & Sonic one, most likely on Wednesday.

BBQ Turtle said:
Sorry, just wanted to clarify about Canoeing: Are you talking about it in the Mario and Sonic sense, and if so, which game are you talking about? Five of them have a canoeing event, so I just want to make sure I don't cover the wrong one for you. I can probably get it done by the end of next week if it is a Mario & Sonic one, most likely on Wednesday.

definitely looks like it. (Template:M&SATLOG)

BBQ Turtle said:
For Canoeing, I'm looking for a page that's similar to the other events pages, like Aquatics or Gymnastics. And obviously, if the individual events can be created, then that would be great.

OK, I see what you're getting at now, seeing as the class is Wii exclusive (It's called "Boat Games" in the 3DS version), I'll do something like Archery, throw in some links to other canoeing articles and expand it out a bit, make the Canoe Sprint 100m article for the class and update the navigation template a bit while I'm at it. I plan to look into sorting out some of the other Mario and Sonic stuff in the future, most likely when I'm done with the sponsors.

Koopa Cherry (Koopa Cherry) certainly needs some love... Behold, one of the saddest looking articles I've seen. Made July of last year and left untouched since the following August. Literally just barely passes the threshold of being larger than 500 bytes. This has to be one of the smallest non-disambiguating pages I've ever seen (EDIT: after looking, the only shorter non-disambiguation page I could find is this one (Spinbat), which is even less obscure, and this one is LITERALLY under 500 bytes).

I'm not massively sure either are stubs. Most of the Wario Land: Shake It enemy articles are of a similar length, although it could be argued that the general locations that they appear in could be added.

As for the Koopa Cherry, it was created by Time Turner, who's a pretty veteran editor who wouldn't create a stub page, and not tag. Looking at the subject matter, it's highly probable that it does cover all of the information, my best bet would be to ask him and see if there is anything else that can be added to it.

Back