I hope the next Mario game for Wii U

I'm hoping that Nintendo creates a game where you get to play as multiple characters and have some kind of effect on the central plot, like Sonic DX or Sonic Adventure 2 and I don't mean the mechanics/story have to be exactly like those two games, just the playable multiple characters that go through a mini-adventure of their own. For example, Mario would be playable at the start of the game and go through a seriously long series of levels, and then you can play as Luigi once you're done, go through a short adventure with him, etc.

They kinda did that with the Paper Mario games, but you know what? You don't know how long I have been in support of a game similar to Sonic Adventure where you can play as many different characters all with a story and gameplay elements of their own

Baby Luigi said:
They kinda did that with the Paper Mario games, but you know what? You don't know how long I have been in support of a game similar to Sonic Adventure where you can play as many different characters all with a story and gameplay elements of their own
Ah, that's true! But I'm hoping that they do just that in the main Mario series instead of spinoffs. Personally, I think it would be a great change and I'm sure gamers would be here for it.

When I was younger I fantasized about a game in which Dimentio returned, and you could follow the plot from either the heroes side or the villains side and play as such characters. Now that I'm older, I know the Dimentio part is almost impossible, but they could always do that with Bowser.
...Could they?

Well Toad deserves some more spotlight in the series, so making him the center of attention will develop his character.

Bubble Man said:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Yoshi
Toad
Bowser

All with their own story.
Yes, but I want characters like Daisy, Wario, Waluigi, and Toadette to be included as well because I personally dislike the fact that Daisy and Wario have been around for so long, and still hasn't been included in a mainstream game whereas Rosalina, a new character, got into one before she did.

LuckySeven said:
Bubble Man said:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Yoshi
Toad
Bowser

Yes, but I want characters like Daisy, Wario, Waluigi, Rosalina, and Toadette to be included as well because I personally dislike the fact that Daisy and Wario have been around for so long, and still hasn't been included in a mainstream game whereas Rosalina, a new character, got into one before she did.

Strongly agree with this. Give those characters a role and I'd be very very happy

Oh, and add Birdo in there too. I know a lot of people dislike her, but she's been with the series for a long time so I think she deserves a spot.

Baby Luigi said:
LuckySeven said:
Bubble Man said:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Yoshi
Toad
Bowser
Bowser Jr.

Yes, but I want characters like Daisy, Wario, Waluigi, Rosalina, and Toadette to be included as well because I personally dislike the fact that Daisy and Wario have been around for so long, and still hasn't been included in a mainstream game whereas Rosalina, a new character, got into one before she did.

Strongly agree with this. Give those characters a role and I'd be very very happy

Yeah, great idea! Maybe you could have each "world" be a different character's story.

LuckySeven said:
The major concern is DK and Wario had developed their own platform games, which were made to make up the fact that they couldn't fit in stories about Mushroom Kingdom and Peach, while Yoshi is still assigned to be a recurring sidekick in SMB.
At this point, DK and Wario don't really need to be in SMB compared to Peach or Toad who even made no playable appearance in recent main games. If they really do, they'll have more total playable chances than Mario himself.

So IMO, it's nice to see an all-stars SMB, but Nintendo also have to give Peach and the others additional chances (featured in SMB or own games) to make it fair.

Dorayaki said:
LuckySeven said:
The major concern is DK and Wario had developed their own platform games, which were made to make up the fact that they couldn't fit in stories about Mushroom Kingdom and Peach, while Yoshi is still assigned to be a recurring sidekick in SMB.
At this point, DK and Wario don't really need to be in SMB compared to Peach or Toad who even made no playable appearance in recent main games. If they really do, they'll have more total playable chances than Mario himself.

So IMO, it's nice to see an all-stars SMB, but only after Nintendo tries to give Peach and the others additional chances (featured in SMB or own games) to make it fair.
That's very true. To be honest, I just really like the idea of a nice variety of characters in a mainstream game for once.

Okay, maybe I should make this clear, I hope the upcoming Mario game for Wii U is as dramatic as the new Tomb Raider, Mother 3, Metal Gear Solid 4, and almost every Final Fantasy game

God, you're setting your expectations WAY TOO HIGH

Fawful said:
That's a Paper Mario game. I think he means a mainstream game.
Then he should try Sticker Star if he wants to cry.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 already has its tearjerker moments

Back