I hope the next Mario game for Wii U

Sticker Star ain't a platformer. That immediately disqualifies it from a mainstream game.

I wasn't being serious either

Yay we're equal. :yoshi:

And let's go ahead and get back on topic now.

People want Dark/Edgy/Deep/Drama Story in a Mario Game... :yoshi:

There are thing you need know about Mario and his 3D Games:

Miyamoto see Mario as a Cartoon, like Popeye, Looney Tunes, Tom & Jerry or Mickey Mouse (early days), there´s no a constant continuity, in some episode they are in a city and in the next they are in the sea with pirates, the point is a Deep Drama Story will distract Miyamoto´s Vision of the character, that why he dislike the SMG1´s "Deep Plot" and banned the Director from do it again in the sequel, because is a Cartoon...no more no less.
Don´t get confused, im not defending him, im actually like the Deep Plot from SMG1 (is not really deep but is better implemented that many Mario Storylines)

All 3D Mario Games have more storyline that you think, All 3D without exeption have a little more plot that you regular Save Peach from Bowser SM64, Bowser kindap Peach AND steal the 120 Power Stars that sustain the Kingdom, that allow his troop take over the kingdom, SMS Bowser wants to ruin Mario Vacations and make his son make Mario go to prision and Kidap Peach (Silly Story but is a plot), SMG Bowser attack Rosalina (a.k.a Possible Mario Universe Godesses)steal her Power Star that sustain the universe and kindap Peach to create a new universe and rule it with Jr. and Peach at his sides, SMG2 The same as G1 thing but without too much drama (and looks like all the game was a story from Rosalina storybook), SM3DLand, yes it has the Bowser Kindap Peach but the cutscenes between worlds gives us actual tracing about what is doing bowser and peach meanwhile Mario Adventure so has a deeper story that the NEWs games, even that the Newest NSMBU give us a diferent take of the plot and actually give us a little of tracing.

TL;DR: See the Bolds

I only want the New 3D Mario Surprise me, and my real and only hopes for the NEW 3D Game are 3 things

1.- More Character involved - Apart from Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, BowerJr., Toads and the Koopalings, someone like this one :wario: and i will apreciate the return of this one :rosalina:, and it will funny to see this one too :waluigi:

2.- More Diffucult Final Boss - Mario Galaxy 2 Boss made me cry, Luigi´s Mansion 2 Final Boss made my yell in fun

3.- More Environments - Plains, Desert, Ice, Beach, Forest, Cliff, Clouds, Fire/Bowser Domains, so far in the recents 2D game we have the same envioment, and if the game take place in the Mushroom Kingdom, it will be the same but in 3D, NSMBU give us a diferent take of this levels, the ice world is at night and look better, the desert has...desserts, the Forest is part haunted, the beach world isn´t a beach world but a... Quarry (i dont remember how it calls), but is the same. i want a CITY level or a FACTORY LEVEL, or a Pirate Ship/World level.

Yes, this will seem like Complaining About Games I Don't Play, dismissed as trolling, and promptly deleted, but I just want to vent.

Okay, first up: Mario.

First point: The Mushroom Kingdom is a Sugar Bowl compared to anything resembling the real world. I know, games shouldn't try to look real, right? Wrong. I want to be able to feel like this place might just exist, and in making the Mushroom Kingdom such a Sickeningly Sweet place, Nintendo has alienated me from the series.

Second, the characters. There's barely any characterization at all. Bowser's the villain, Peach is the princess that needs rescued, and the Mario brothers are the dudes who do the rescuing. Beyond that, there's nothing at all to tell you why you should do anything.

So what do I propose? Replace the Mario brothers. The next time Bowser kidnaps Peach, the brothers will gladly go in to rescue her, but this time King Koopa ain't messin' around. He kills the two guys when they enter his throne room. However, needing heroes, a new portal to the kingdom opens. This time, two mafia hitmen emerge, Mario and Luigi Corleone(yeah, I know, I just pulled that name straight from The Godfather, but it's all I could think of for American-Italians mafiosi. Sorry.). Their cover is that their family business is plumbing, but these two guys are here to kill people. They've got Tommy guns, Browning Automatic Rifles and Colt M1911s. They hear of the kidnapped princess and decide to take on the job just for the cash. They kill their way through the Koopa hordes. Bowser is killed when a .30-06 round goes through his left eye. Peach is rescued, but neither of them get any romantic vibe. For these two, it's "Strictly business." ”

KingMario128 said:
People want Dark/Edgy/Deep/Drama Story in a Mario Game... :yoshi:

There are thing you need know about Mario and his 3D Games:

Miyamoto see Mario as a Cartoon, like Popeye, Looney Tunes, Tom & Jerry or Mickey Mouse (early days), there´s no a constant continuity, in some episode they are in a city and in the next they are in the sea with pirates, the point is a Deep Drama Story will distract Miyamoto´s Vision of the character, that why he dislike the SMG1´s "Deep Plot" and banned the Director from do it again in the sequel, because is a Cartoon...no more no less.
Don´t get confused, im not defending him, im actually like the Deep Plot from SMG1 (is not really deep but is better implemented that many Mario Storylines)
He banned the director of SMG1 because it was so dramatic? :mad: It wasn't even that dramatic in the first place!
All 3D Mario Games have more storyline that you think, All 3D without exeption have a little more plot that you regular Save Peach from Bowser SM64, Bowser kindap Peach AND steal the 120 Power Stars that sustain the Kingdom, that allow his troop take over the kingdom, SMS Bowser wants to ruin Mario Vacations and make his son make Mario go to prision and Kidap Peach (Silly Story but is a plot), SMG Bowser attack Rosalina (a.k.a Possible Mario Universe Godesses)steal her Power Star that sustain the universe and kindap Peach to create a new universe and rule it with Jr. and Peach at his sides, SMG2 The same as G1 thing but without too much drama (and looks like all the game was a story from Rosalina storybook), SM3DLand, yes it has the Bowser Kindap Peach but the cutscenes between worlds gives us actual tracing about what is doing bowser and peach meanwhile Mario Adventure so has a deeper story that the NEWs games, even that the Newest NSMBU give us a diferent take of the plot and actually give us a little of tracing.

TL;DR: See the Bolds

I only want the New 3D Mario Surprise me, and my real and only hopes for the NEW 3D Game are 3 things

1.- More Character involved - Apart from Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, BowerJr., Toads and the Koopalings, someone like this one :wario: and i will apreciate the return of this one :rosalina:, and it will funny to see this one too :waluigi:

2.- More Diffucult Final Boss - Mario Galaxy 2 Boss made me cry, Luigi´s Mansion 2 Final Boss made my yell in fun

3.- More Environments - Plains, Desert, Ice, Beach, Forest, Cliff, Clouds, Fire/Bowser Domains, so far in the recents 2D game we have the same envioment, and if the game take place in the Mushroom Kingdom, it will be the same but in 3D, NSMBU give us a diferent take of this levels, the ice world is at night and look better, the desert has...desserts, the Forest is part haunted, the beach world isn´t a beach world but a... Quarry (i dont remember how it calls), but is the same. i want a CITY level or a FACTORY LEVEL, or a Pirate Ship/World level.

GalacticPetey said:
supermariofan said:
Baby Luigi said:
New Super Mario Bros. 2 already has its tearjerker moments
What dramatic moments did that game have?
People cry because the game sucks so much.

They also stare at Nintendo, mouth gaping wide, saying, "Why? Why? Whhhhyyyyy?"

Glowsquid said:
Yes, this will seem like Complaining About Games I Don't Play, dismissed as trolling, and promptly deleted, but I just want to vent.

Okay, first up: Mario.

First point: The Mushroom Kingdom is a Sugar Bowl compared to anything resembling the real world. I know, games shouldn't try to look real, right? Wrong. I want to be able to feel like this place might just exist, and in making the Mushroom Kingdom such a Sickeningly Sweet place, Nintendo has alienated me from the series.

Second, the characters. There's barely any characterization at all. Bowser's the villain, Peach is the princess that needs rescued, and the Mario brothers are the dudes who do the rescuing. Beyond that, there's nothing at all to tell you why you should do anything.

So what do I propose? Replace the Mario brothers. The next time Bowser kidnaps Peach, the brothers will gladly go in to rescue her, but this time King Koopa ain't messin' around. He kills the two guys when they enter his throne room. However, needing heroes, a new portal to the kingdom opens. This time, two mafia hitmen emerge, Mario and Luigi Corleone(yeah, I know, I just pulled that name straight from The Godfather, but it's all I could think of for American-Italians mafiosi. Sorry.). Their cover is that their family business is plumbing, but these two guys are here to kill people. They've got Tommy guns, Browning Automatic Rifles and Colt M1911s. They hear of the kidnapped princess and decide to take on the job just for the cash. They kill their way through the Koopa hordes. Bowser is killed when a .30-06 round goes through his left eye. Peach is rescued, but neither of them get any romantic vibe. For these two, it's "Strictly business." ”

didn't you already post this somewhere?

He posted it like a million times in the past, but it never gets old

October release date rumored for new 3d mario wii u game!

Utilizes both controllers.

I hope it'll have a corrupted Black Yoshi named Wayoshi.

Just this once I want to cry at a Mario games, the other games are just same old same old, drama is what the series lacks of

Baby Luigi said:
He posted it like a million times in the past, but it never gets old
Yes, big thanks to Miyamoto and Iwata's stone brains. :(

Simplicity isn't a bad thing. It's just that they never face the formula bugs or make some changes to differentiate recent SMB games.

Mr. L rocks! said:
I hope it'll have a corrupted Black Yoshi named Wayoshi.
Uh, that should be an advice for upcoming Yoshi games.
Maybe we'll meet a new boss, but he/she doesn't have to be a stereotype.

In less than a month, we will at least know the name of the new 3d mario game as well as getting some screenshots and hopefully a few trailers. I'm hoping it's going to be more like super mario 64 mixed with sunshine for the perfect balance open-world exploration and platforming. Can't wait till E3.

Super Mario Unlimited
-or-
Super Mario S"U"nshine 2

just kidding.

Back