I hope the next Mario game for Wii U

I always wanted for bowser to die and for bowser Jr. to take his place.

Keep hoping, TC.

Do you mean Mario Kart or that Super Mario U game? Because if it's Mario Kart, then you're in great luck. But Super Mario U? Ehhhh...

if you count Peach getting kidnapped as "drama", then that's the only drama you will get

You mean drama in the game itself or drama in the Mario fanbase?

Cause if you're talking about the game itself, then the only drama we would all expect is Peach getting kidnapped for the 49674595434723rd time.

LuckySeven said:

Cause if you're talking about the game itself, then the only drama we would all expect is Peach getting kidnapped for the 49674595434723rd time.
Tehe. Actually it would be the 24th time, if Im keeping the count right.

LuckySeven said:

The game, and there will be drama in Mario *cough myscreenplay cough*

What problems traditional SMB games have are similar gameplays and backstory bugs. Drama or plot is not the first thing to be considered. I can agree that RPG stories need some shake-ups.

Baby Luigi said:
Keep hoping, TC.

Do you mean Mario Kart or that Super Mario U game? Because if it's Mario Kart, then you're in great luck. But Super Mario U? Ehhhh...
What do you mean "great luck"?

supermariofan said:
Baby Luigi said:
Keep hoping, TC.

What do you mean "great luck"?
In Mario Kart, Peach will never be kidnapped.

The only possible drama in Mario Kart is losing the first place at the very end of the race because of blue shell.

There's ton of drama in Mario Kart other than the silly spiny shell

But the real fun is the reaction from getting hit by them

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWRR!!!!!!!!

Gee I've seen better in family arguments

will make use of both the gamepad and remote

Lakituthequick said:
Yeah, like getting hit by a Red Shell, Lightning and a Starman in sequence.

A2hwZmWCcAERXwZ.png:thumb
OR about to win a contest and RIGHT before reaching the finish line, get hit by three red shells, a blue shell, lightning, a Starman, and a Bullet Bill in sequence.

supermariofan said:
The shells, lightning, and banana peels are used for SLAPSTICK!!!! I mean this kind of drama

*video*

You just don't get it, do you?

I mean PLAYER drama. I felt it today, actually, since that stupid STUPID Donkey Kong DARED to get a single point in my battle matches!

Apparently, mario eating a mushroom and somehow not gtting killed but having the opposite effect on him by making him bigger isn't drama enough. Not to mention the whole luigi being overshadowed by his younger brother drama. Or the whole "why is there a yellow and blue playable toad in NSMBW, why can't it be an indgo and pink playable toad" drama.

I think there is enough drama. I think some people forget that this is a video game! Not real life.

well if thats what you call drama then uh way to go!

Geno said:
Or the whole "why is there a yellow and blue playable toad in NSMBW, why can't it be an indgo and pink playable toad" drama.

I think there is enough drama. I think some people forget that this is a video game! Not real life.
What? I thought the debate should be the original Toad against generic toads, not to say that mulitple color option is actually an excutable idea.
But anyway, character is an example that is a more visible topic than drama indeed.

Drama isn't the important part of SMB games. However, Nintendo do actually often neglect it, which causes bugs of backstories or some games not distinctive or memorable enough .

Geno said:
Apparently, mario eating a mushroom and somehow not gtting killed but having the opposite effect on him by making him bigger isn't drama enough.

of course it isn't drama if Mario isn't getting killed by fly agaric mushrooms

Geno said:
Not to mention the whole luigi being overshadowed by his younger brother drama.

He's not getting overshadowed at all for a while; he has his own freaking year for cripe's sake. And Luigi has a younger brother!?

Geno said:
Or the whole "why is there a yellow and blue playable toad in NSMBW, why can't it be an indgo and pink playable toad" drama.

Because the whole blue and yellow Toad thing is a legit complaint but people complain about it too much

Geno said:

There is, but all fanbases make drama when small things happen. I think the best example is Waluigi in Mario Kart 7.

Back