Worst Mario music

MCS said:
Baby Luigi said:
Personally, I dislike [...] nearly all Mario Kart Wii music.

What do you dislike about it? I think some of it is really nice.

Baby Luigi said:
New Super Mario Bros. 2 takes the cake for worst Mario game music.

Didn't NSMB2 just reuse all its music except the Star World theme and some level music?

1. I don't know why. I found Mario Kart Wii's music to be really REALLY lackluster. Mario Kart 7 had much better music than Mario Kart Wii. The only tunes I really enjoyed from that game was Toad's Factory, Bowser's Castle (Wii), and Moo Moo Meadows. That's it.

2. Which is why it takes the cake: because it's f---ing lazy.

Fawful said:
SPM had my two least favorite tracks in it (River Twygz Bed and World of Nothing) but also had many of my favorite (Ultimate Show, among others)

Well, yeah, those 2 were supposed to be ominous, though. You seem to be using Superjeff's logic of ominous = bad, but I can see why you think those 2 are your least favorites.

The River Twygz Bed theme, though, that really crossed the red line from ominous to outright creepy, moreso than the World of Nothing theme. I don't even understand how it's in a Mario game.

Goombar said:
This got so annoying so fast.

OMG!!! That Flopside pit!!! It took me soo many times to beat it the first time through! Once I even died on room FREAKING NINETY-NINE! I was low on health and was NOT expecting to deal with Hammer Bros. I later learned that using Dottie causes them to not see you and thus not attack.

The Dark Knight said:
Staraptor said:
This+annoying chapter=me losing some of my non-existent sanity.
I totally agree with this.
It was just boring and not very memorable. It was a bit similar to the Boggly Woods but the Boggly Woods was so much better.

Anyways...
I did not like this at all.

I was never really fond of the majority of musics in the mario party series... some of it..just seems..idk..

Staraptor said:
This+annoying chapter=me losing some of my non-existent sanity.

Oh boy, more Super Paper Mario music. I didn't realize so many people thought the music in it was that bad.

YoshiGo99 said:
I did not like this at all.

It is a bit boring, but fitting to the castle theme.

The Fortress music from New Super Mario Bros. Wii was really good, actually. Well in my opinion anyway. I didn't find it boring at all. It was nice, fitting, threatening music. New Super Mario Bros. 2 completely butchered it.

The worst Mario music ever, huh???

Well... um... I hated Fawful's castle theme. It was 'kay at first, then it started to drive me crazy.

Xanthium said:

Well... um... I hated Fawful's castle theme. It was 'kay at first, then it started to drive me crazy.
I thought that theme really fitted.

Baby Luigi said:
The Fortress music from New Super Mario Bros. Wii was really good, actually. Well in my opinion anyway. I didn't find it boring at all. It was nice, fitting, threatening music. New Super Mario Bros. 2 completely butchered it.
How so? Wasn't that theme and all the other recycled songs in that game left untouched?

Xanthium said:

Really? I loved that music. It had a bit of Cackletta's theme from SS in it.

Solar Blaze said:
Baby Luigi said:
How so? Wasn't that theme and all the other recycled songs in that game left untouched?

Nope, they added those mother-effing "bahs" to that music.

What is so special about the "bah"s in the first place? I mean, they were cute in NSMB, but 3 games later, it's just turned into pure annoyance. Not to mention the extra high-pitched "bah"s in NSMB2 on top of the "bah"s already there.

I think it's because the developers think they're so clever to have some enemies dance or move to the bahs to the music

When that's not true at all (they just dance at set times, not actually to the music)

Don't hate me for this, but....
Honestly, I prefer Super Paper Mario's one to this one. THIS one, while telling the dangers of the Pit of 100 Trials, is honestly pretty boring and gets annoying quickly.

Back