Boo discussion thread

#1Petey_Fan

Petey rules!
I've begun wondering many things about the ghosts of the Marioverse. Boos are ghosts, but are they the ghosts of previously living beings? And if so, what beings? I don't recall seeing any creature in any game that looks like it might be a Boo once it's dead.

Maybe they're creatures that are born as ghosts and were never living beings to begin with? If this is the case, then does this mean that Boos somehow procreate? There seem to be a lot of the little scamps in the Mushroom World. They have to come from somewhere in some manner.

And is it the same Boo that participates in the sports spin-offs every time or is it a different Boo each time?

Yes, I know that these are all unanswerable. But they're interesting questions to ponder. What do you guys think, and do you have any questions of your own that you always wondered about Boo?

"Is it the same boo in the sport spinoffs"

In power tennis.. one of boos abilities is a bunch of boos appear from thin air... It might be a lot... they might even switch during the game and we don't even know it :posh:

All I think is that Boos are Boos and that's final.

Maybe.

Also Boos are good enemy in whole.

Goombar said:
Dry Bones are undead Koopas... Maybe Boos are undead Goombas? They look similar, just more rounder.
I always thought that as well, until this happened
images

Ghostony said:
Goombar said:
Dry Bones are undead Koopas... Maybe Boos are undead Goombas? They look similar, just more rounder.
I always thought that as well, until this happened
images

If you stomp one, you'll see they're just blue goobas with skull hats.

[quote author=#1Petey_Fan]
Petey Piranha's Biggest Fan
[/quote]

A CHALLENGER APPROACHES

Also, boos are dead Toads in my headcanon

#1Petey_Fan said:
Boos are ghosts, but are they the ghosts of previously living beings?
They are. This was confirmed in the first Paper Mario with one of Bow's lines: "I was with him the whole time. I swear on my own grave! Mario's innocent!"

Boos are Boos and that's it. I don't really use throwaway jokes as a basis for my assumptions.

Back