What pests do you get often in your home?

MCS

Donkey Kong
Being a Floridian, I get lizards in the house more than anything. I rarely even see spiders or roaches around.

The only pests we get in homes in The Netherlands, are ants, really.
Very small ants, just going on exploration through your home.

If not, we also get flies, spiders, moths, etc., but nothing really big.

(I'm expecting Dippy to Post here about the pests he gets in Australia.)

Small spiders, but that's really it.

But while I was in Tennessee (lots of roaches there), I almost ate a fig newton on our way back home that had a cockroach on it...... :eek:

Grain moths. They're everywhere, and they want my crackers.

For the past two months we've got an ant problem. They're not difficult to dispose of, anyway, but there's more of them than before.

fruit flies and beetles although they rarely get inside.
random kinds of spiders,
and very rarely mice

Cockroaches. They mainly hang out in the kitchen, though. I don't get why they go near water when they can easily drown or something like that. They also managed to get inside the timer in our oven. It's really gross.

There are also slugs that come into my bedroom at night, and then disappear. I know they're slugs because I can see their trails in the morning. It's really creepy. I've only seen about 3 of them, and they went straight down the toilet.

my brother.

otherwise not much, the occasional ant when spring and summer are around.

Ants. The ants are awful. They walk in the same linear path from our house to the woods everyday to the point where they've cut a rut in our grass, no kidding.

Snakes on occasion, but they rarely get as far as our house, so that's not really a problem.

I don't get any pests except for mosquitoes in the summer. Just ugh.

I'm not going to forget cute crane flies, but they rarely come in anyway

MKGirlism said:
(I'm expecting Dippy to Post here about the pests he gets in Australia.)
Don't get as many interesting creatures around here as you'd think, plus I don't consider any living creature a pest.

If you want to use the definition of "things that should not be in or at least around our house", we get spiders, mozzies, moths, crickets, grasshoppers, and possums. I saw a fruit bat outside once, as well.

Crocodile Dippy said:
If you want to use the definition of "things that should not be in or at least around our house", we get spiders, mozzies, moths, crickets, grasshoppers, and possums. I saw a fruit bat outside once, as well.

Huh, interesting. We do catch possums once in a blue moon, and there are moths that tend to fly in if someone opens the door at night. What are mozzies, though? Is that Australian slang for mosquito?

Neptune

Spiders (ugh...) and that's it. We usually get the small yellowish-brown spiders, and they aren't very common. No mice, beetles, moths, flies, or any of that sort. On rare occasions a centipede will crawl through our house.

When I go to Alabama every year to visit my great grandma, that's a different story...ticks, SCARY spiders, huge beetles, mosquitoes...it's my living hell.

Sometimes in the summer we have a small ant problem, but it's always easily fixed. Also during the summer, sometimes mosquitoes can sneak into the house and possibly a moth.

Occasionally moths, spiders, and beetles. We also rarely get a mouse or two, and in summer we get mosquitoes but that's it.

Spiders, crane flies, cockroaches, beetles, moths, and more possums than you could imagine.

Back