Holy Grails

Glowsquid

Shine Sprite
Forum Moderator
Wiki Bureaucrat
Core 'Shroom Staff
Mario Takes America
Still no footage, but we're inching ever closer! Unseen 64 recently published an article on the game which includes - wait for it - actual production photos of the game, some more details on the gameplay (including a sequence where Mario would've manned the Canadarm - what the hell), and the revelation that Cigam's assets were seized by the CIBC and may still be roting in a vault somewhere!

Maybe we'll get the footage in a year or so... Who's up for an heist?
 

Vommack

DID SOMEBODY SAY "SUE"?!
As brought up in General Discussion, anything about the Mario Quiz Cards. There are plenty of (low-quality) images online, but almost no information.
 

Jolly DönerMax

Super Smashed Brother
Yeah, here are some images we can find. They're from Atlas Editions and given out by subscription. It seems to be quite a few cards there.







 

Vommack

DID SOMEBODY SAY "SUE"?!
Alright, probably not too much of an update, but I've found something of a lead on the cards-according to this, they were at least mentioned in an issue of Nintendo Power. Any way of verifying this? I'm not particularly hopeful, but it's something.
 

Jolly DönerMax

Super Smashed Brother
Tuxedo Ridley said:
Alright, probably not too much of an update, but I've found something of a lead on the cards-according to this, they were at least mentioned in an issue of Nintendo Power. Any way of verifying this? I'm not particularly hopeful, but it's something.
Well, it's on video game memorabilia, eh, those people are crazy about merchandise.
 

The Ultimate Mario Fan

Mario isn't a game, it's a way of life
Not sure if this thread is outdated, but I have about half the Mario-kun series among others, some of the Pika Pika series, a cart of Excitebike Bun Bun Mario Battle Stadium, and Mario no Photopi. I also have over 1000 Mario Quiz Cards which I've referenced more than once before. Can't believe no one knows about them as they're a Mario trivia aficionados dream (fantastic art too). I also own some German Club Nintendo comics and I feel the Wiki is lacking in that area (though other sites have picked up the slack).

I even have some very rare Mario books from Peach-hime Kyushutsu Dai Sakusen that reveal the Mario Brothers' and Peach's heights, weights, ages, etc., which I'll be revealing in my Twitter feed eventually. Not to mention I think I'm the only Wiki user that owns a Mario Kirby Meisaku Video VHS. (Now if someone here actually owns a complete VHS copy of Peach-hime Kyushutsu, I'll pay multi-hundreds for that... I collect Mario Japanese VHS tapes based off the original animations and so far I only own Meisaku and Shirayukihime.)

I basically have almost anything Mario if you ask me about it, save some exceptions--which eventually won't be. Mario media is kind of my thing.


I also second that we need more info on all the Japanese Mario arcade machines; that type of information is very, very hard to come by.
 

freakworld

El Psy Kongroo
Banned User


That's some seriously rare stuff you got there. Would it be possible to get some scans of Super Mario Kun Pages for reference? (Not exactly sure about legal issues here though)
 

Glowsquid

Shine Sprite
Forum Moderator
Wiki Bureaucrat
Core 'Shroom Staff
The Mario quiz cards are actually listed at the end of the OP, and we've talked about them in the General Discussions thread. We'd certainly love to have more info on these (and all the other neat stuff you have, of course ^^).

Also tell me if I'm being too nosy, but I noticed you have an original animation cell for one of the DIC cartoon on your photobucket account... Would it be acceptable to scan it and upload it on the wiki?
 

Jolly DönerMax

Super Smashed Brother
Eri Ayase said:
That's some seriously rare stuff you got there. Would it be possible to get some scans of Super Mario Kun Pages for reference? (Not exactly sure about legal issues here though)
We don't have to upload ALL the pages, but the wiki would certainly benefit from more information on these things.
 

The Ultimate Mario Fan

Mario isn't a game, it's a way of life
Eri Ayase said:
That's some seriously rare stuff you got there. Would it be possible to get some scans of Super Mario Kun Pages for reference? (Not exactly sure about legal issues here though)
It's fine once I get a working scanner (our printer scanner isn't working). I could take some inside photos of it too, if that's what you mean. By the way, while I wouldn't mind scanning some of my Mario-kun manga, is there a way to scan without stressing the binding? How do you folks do it?



Glowsquid said:
The Mario quiz cards are actually listed at the end of the OP, and we've talked about them in the General Discussions thread. We'd certainly love to have more info on these (and all the other neat stuff you have, of course ^^).

Also tell me if I'm being too nosy, but I noticed you have an original animation cell for one of the DIC cartoon on your photobucket account... Would it be acceptable to scan it and upload it on the wiki?
Sure thing, paisano! I collect Mario cels and there are some that aren't up there yet. I also have Super Mario Englisch, which most non-Germans don't know about and it has plenty of its own unique illustrations. (Germany got so much great Mario stuff.)



And let me say that I'm just happy that there are people here who actually care about this Mario stuff. I was an active poster of NSider2 for like eight years and posted my entire collection, and no one there seemed to really care about all my Mario obscurities on any deep level. Pearls before swine, I guess. :p
 

Walkazo

Thou liest!
Wiki Bureaucrat
Those NSider2 folks have no style. They have no grace.


Not sure about the scanning stuff. As was suggested already somewhere, even just taking photos is good for things like verifying names and such. But scans of the covers would be awesome - we only really have SM-kun well-covered in that area, and unlike pages, there's no copyright worries so as many scans as possible would be awesome. Even some back covers too, if they have interesting blurbs or whatever.
 

Lumastar

Stay off this text, jerks! He has personal issues.
The Ultimate Mario Fan said:
Not sure if this thread is outdated, but I have about half the Mario-kun series among others, some of the Pika Pika series, a cart of Excitebike Bun Bun Mario Battle Stadium, and Mario no Photopi. I also have over 1000 Mario Quiz Cards which I've referenced more than once before. Can't believe no one knows about them as they're a Mario trivia aficionados dream (fantastic art too). I also own some German Club Nintendo comics and I feel the Wiki is lacking in that area (though other sites have picked up the slack).

I even have some very rare Mario books from Peach-hime Kyushutsu Dai Sakusen that reveal the Mario Brothers' and Peach's heights, weights, ages, etc., which I'll be revealing in my Twitter feed eventually. Not to mention I think I'm the only Wiki user that owns a Mario Kirby Meisaku Video VHS. (Now if someone here actually owns a complete VHS copy of Peach-hime Kyushutsu, I'll pay multi-hundreds for that... I collect Mario Japanese VHS tapes based off the original animations and so far I only own Meisaku and Shirayukihime.)

I basically have almost anything Mario if you ask me about it, save some exceptions--which eventually won't be. Mario media is kind of my thing.


I also second that we need more info on all the Japanese Mario arcade machines; that type of information is very, very hard to come by.
Damn son, where'd you find all this stuff?

I want to know more about this stuff as well. You could be a very big help. Thank you in advance!
 

freakworld

El Psy Kongroo
Banned User
The Ultimate Mario Fan said:
I also have Super Mario Englisch, which most non-Germans don't know about and it has plenty of its own unique illustrations. (Germany got so much great Mario stuff.)
Even I don't know about it lol.
 

Jolly DönerMax

Super Smashed Brother
As a Mario nerd, I feel cheated that obscure Mario things exist, lol.

Hope you start uploading because I admit, I'm a bit restless to see some of the content of that stuff... <_>
 

Glowsquid

Shine Sprite
Forum Moderator
Wiki Bureaucrat
Core 'Shroom Staff
I've added the The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! live-action segments Treasure of the Sierra Brooklyn and The Magic Love, which were not included in any home video releases of the show. Despite the later's page claims that the episode has never been uploaded online, the Swedish dub of The Magic Love was uploaded a few weeks before the page was created, though the english version is still missing.

The OP is cluterred; I'm considering removing the Mario Quiz Card because there's been a lot more of those scanned over the past year, and all those medal catch and redemption machines because, really, what can you write about those?
 

Raven Effect

That's what I call hamburgers
Retired Wiki Staff
Glowsquid said:
I've added the The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! live-action segments Treasure of the Sierra Brooklyn and The Magic Love, which were not included in any home video releases of the show. Despite the later's page claims that the episode has never been uploaded online, the Swedish dub of The Magic Love was uploaded a few weeks before the page was created, though the english version is still missing.

The OP is cluterred; I'm considering removing the Mario Quiz Card because there's been a lot more of those scanned over the past year, and all those medal catch and redemption machines because, really, what can you write about those?
I've seen at the very least a little bit of treasure before online
 

Glowsquid

Shine Sprite
Forum Moderator
Wiki Bureaucrat
Core 'Shroom Staff
Shokora said:
Glowsquid said:
redemption machines because, really, what can you write about those?
A whole lot apparently!
I mean, that's a pinball machine. Those have mechanics, modes, and objectives (I still can't quite wrap my head around the concept of pinball tables having "single-player campaigns", but whatever). Medal games are super simplistic in comparison.

Jagi said:
Glowsquid said:
I've added the The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! live-action segments Treasure of the Sierra Brooklyn and The Magic Love, which were not included in any home video releases of the show. Despite the later's page claims that the episode has never been uploaded online, the Swedish dub of The Magic Love was uploaded a few weeks before the page was created, though the english version is still missing.

The OP is cluterred; I'm considering removing the Mario Quiz Card because there's been a lot more of those scanned over the past year, and all those medal catch and redemption machines because, really, what can you write about those?
I've seen at the very least a little bit of treasure before online
Oh right, I forgot to edit in but I found this after making the post.


Still not the full thing tho.
 

Time Turner

You are filled with determination. (R/GD/TT)
(probably as good of a place as any to post this)

I've always been a bit curious about the actor who portrayed Luigi in this old Mario Bros. commercial. After all, it's the first time he received a voice, before even Mario; it's a neat bit of trivia, and it'd be all the neater if we had the name of Luigi's first actor. I don't suppose there's some catalogue of commercial actors out there?
 
Top