Marvel Cinematic Universe

Whose side are you on?

• Total voters
iron man 2 and 3 were hardly awful

they weren't anywhere near as good as iron man 1, but i still think they're decent movies

Nabber said:
iron man 2 and 3 were hardly awful

they weren't anywhere near as good as iron man 1, but i still think they're decent movies
Well I only said that because I assumed the majority hated those movies and thought they were awful so I brought them up. I personally liked them...well I liked Iron Man 2 and every part of Iron Man except the ending with Mandrin.

imo iron man 3 was the best iron man movie

that's probably only because i've only seen the other two once and can barely remember what happened in them, which means i should probably see them again

didnt care for iron man 2 at all, only good things was war machine and black widow

1 and 3 however were fantastic, even if 3 was a bit disappointing

i don't get what everyone didn't like about iron man 2

i thought iron man 2 and 3 both had pretty good first acts, they just didn't really go anywhere with them. but the last act of both movies is just iron man flying around saving the day, and you can't really go wrong with that

well 2 had a pretty good story for tony but the movies pacing was just really slow and not very exciting or thrilling versus 1 and 3.

I also didnt like the villain either(dont even remember the name), so that didnt help much.

i don't really think i'd call it slow paced

it had less action, but i was fine with it because the tony stark's character arc is pretty interesting

After watching the second trailer, I'm starting to get excited this could be The Dark Knight of Marvel movies, and since Robert Downey Jr was the one responsible for James Spader, I can tell there's gonna be a serious moment between them and them only and I'll probably cry or feel emotion, I hope that happens

It's been confirmed that Black Widow and the Winter Soldier will be in Civil War.

Captain America (Steve Rogers)
Iron Man (Tony Stark)
Black Panther (T'Challa)
Black Widow (Natasha Romanov)
The Winter Soldier (James Buchanan Barnes)
Falcon (Sam Wilson)
Agent 13 (Sharon Carter)

^All these major characters will be in the movie. Won't be surprised if Hawkeye and Fury show up as well.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Crossbones will be there too.

GalacticPetey said:
It's been confirmed that Black Widow and the Winter Soldier will be in Civil War.

Captain America (Steve Rogers)
Iron Man (Tony Stark)
Black Panther (T'Challa)
Black Widow (Natasha Romanov)
The Winter Soldier (James Buchanan Barnes)
Falcon (Sam Wilson)
Agent 13 (Sharon Carter)

^All these major characters will be in the movie. Won't be surprised if Hawkeye and Fury show up as well.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Crossbones will be there too.
So Marvel is shoving all of these characters into this movie and no ones worried. But DC announces Cyborg and Aquaman in Dawn of Justice and everyone goes crazy? Why?

These characters have already been established in the universe. The DC characters have not been fleshed out yet and have had no introduction. They're gonna have to explain who all these new people are in Dawn of Justice. With Civil War, we already know these character's personalities, goals, and origins.

GalacticPetey said:
These characters have already been established in the universe. The DC characters have not been fleshed out yet and have had no introduction. They're gonna have to explain who all these new people are in Dawn of Justice. With Civil War, we already know these character's personalities, goals, and origins.
Well minus Black Panther but I see where your coming from.

Javelin said:
GalacticPetey said:
The DC characters have not been fleshed out yet
and if man of steel's any indication, they never will be
Man of Steel fleshed out Clarks origins pretty well. Quite simple he came to Earth as a baby, hid his powers from the world, father died, he decided to use his powers as Super Man to help the world then saved it from an invasion of evil kryptonians showing he was a hero. Granted it was more of a darker more serious Superman but the personality was still there.
!
Hold up! This isn't the DC discussion. Who here's ready for them inhumans?

ernesth100 said:
Javelin said:
GalacticPetey said:
The DC characters have not been fleshed out yet
and if man of steel's any indication, they never will be
Man of Steel fleshed out Clarks origins pretty well. Quite simple he came to Earth as a baby, hid his powers from the world, father died, he decided to use his powers as Super Man to help the world then saved it from an invasion of evil kryptonians showing he was a hero. Granted it was more of a darker more serious Superman but the personality was still there.
!
Hold up! This isn't the DC discussion. Who here's ready for them inhumans?
yeah but he has literally zero personality

if you took away clark's (in man of steel) superpowers, he would be the most boring character imaginable. he has no funny quirks, or humorous lines, he doesn't really stand for anything other than obscure justice. there was nothing about him that made me think "wow, what a great character!"

Back