Have we all had enough of the Miis?

What do you think of Miis constantly appearing in Mario games?

• It's a good idea.

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • They need to stop taking over the series.

Votes: 10 27.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Occasionally Returns

Fluffy boi(or possibly gurl?)
Miis are appearing everywhere in Mario games now. What bothers me about it is that I really don't see them as Mario characters, just Nintendo icons for video games. I mean, why do they have to appear in New Super Mario Bros. U? Mario platform games were not meant for Miis. I'm tired of Miis constantly appearing in games that weren't originally meant for them. It's just starting to bother me. What is this? A Mario game or a Mii-rio game? Seriously. I probably think the only reason Miis are being used in spite of other characters is because Nintendo is running out of ideas. I personally think that Miis should stay in the Wii Sports/Nintendo Land games, not start taking over the Mario universe. What do you all think of the Miis?

I don't really mind them in the spinoffs, but in mainstream platform games? No, thanks.

If they have to appear in Mario games, they should appear in Pokémon, Zelda, and Kirby as well. That way, they aren't seen as Mario characters.

Don't mind them

Also wrong board.

I don't like them outside their games. Their style doesn't match any other style, which makes them look bad on any game other than Wii Sports or stuff like that.

Hobbes said:
I don't like them outside their games. Their style doesn't match any other style, which makes them look bad on any game other than Wii Sports or stuff like that.
I totally agree with you.
Lakituthequick said:
I like them.
Alexneushoorn said:
I have no problem with Miis appearing in any Mario game.

You know the space the Miis are using in Mario games? That there could be something three times better, little boys! You are now in big trouble with me, misters!

Just kidding, you're entitled to your own opinion.

Miis should stay out of other series. That's all I want to say.

Lakituthequick said:
I don't really get the fuss around Mii's. They are entirely optional, and mostly just to put yourself somewhat in the game (as said in an Iwata Asks). As I said earlier in the MKU thread (which NSY didn't understand), in MK Wii and 7 they are outside of the main roster.

Actually, forced to see them as they appear in the background and are obviously going to catch your eye, but that's not the case in Mario Super Sluggers.

I like the Miis and I hope they continue to appear regularly.

I don't really care, even if the mii's have the lamest customization ever.

Damn Mii Plaza immigrants! They're taking all the good jobs from hard working Mario characters! We should round them up and send them back where they came from!

I'd say you have to figure out that what's Mii standing for in a game. To me they're kind of system that Nintendo want to spread, not saying thay they're character to replace a spot in sport games. Unless we're saying that the staff spent most their time in Miis instead of improving the original system.

For example, I don't mind having them in Kart 6&7, but I'm not happy with them in NSMB series which has had story/character problems for so long, and Nintendo misplaced the point.

If one thing you care is they shouldn't be "like" a Mario character, they should evenly appear in all other game brands. For example, a Mii trainer in Pokemon XY. Nintendo wants to sell them with their most popular brand, but that's imbalance indeed.

I'm neutral with them. Generally it's nice to have additional fun for us when have enough with Mario main characters. But to make Miis more acceptable, the staff should improve them much more in futrue console systems, like more sophscated designs or importing liscensed characters.

The one game where I absolutely despised Miis is Mario Tennis Open. Over-powered pieces of turd. I heard in online, the ONLY opponents you will face are Miis. Now, I don't play online, but I can feel the empathy of other people's frustration.

Filthy Rich said:
I'd rather have the generic humans back

I used to hate them generic humans, but after how funny they sound in Mario Golf, I wouldn't mind seeing them again.

Actually, I don't mind seeing them again as long as I can play as my fabled Baby Luigi.

I'm cool with Miis being in Mario games provided that they remain optional playable characters for spinoffs and nothing else. NSMBU was ridiculously close to crossing the line, at least story mode had no Miis.

Having that said, I certainly don't want Miis to appear at random as CPU players like MK7 did. If I don't want Miis to appear, then don't make them appear. NSMBU had a similar problem in Boost Rush mode.

And I don't want the generic humans back. They completely f*cked up MTPT to the point where it was barely even a Mario game.

I don't really like Miis and would prefer them to stay away from the Mario games. Though if they remain optional, I can deal with them - I simply won't use them.

Back