Mario and Luigi: Dream Team

I need that answered too.

nsymon said:
From the sound of that you were not too impressed with this game.

It's not that I wasn't impressed, I really liked the game. The problem was that some of the fights were a bit too gimmicky or had too much crap going on at the same time.

The Drilldigger and Mount Pajamaja fights were a piece of cake.

The Earthwake fight was fun as well, but that stupid hammer attack he does is almost impossible to dodge.

Don't even get me started on the Zeekeeper fight. Too much tilting bullshit for my liking.

The Giant Bowser fight was fine until the very end. I hate tilting my 3DS because sometimes it never responds. Really, I had a sliver of health left and when I saw Bowser's HP go back to full, I nearly cried because of how stupidly long the fight was. The Star Driver was impossible to do. Took me at least 5 turns to get it right.

Is that a good or a bad? :eek:

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Zeekeeper artwork, scanned from the guide as I haven't found it online yet:
200px-Zeekeeper.png
Nice one!!

Is there any other artwork in the guide which is not yet uploaded to the wiki?

I like this game so far. The tilty controls feel gimmicky at times, though, such as rolling the Luigi ball (it's not too bad, though). The giant fights are really fun though, but I feel that the touch screen gets a bit unresponsive when Luigi tries to dodge the attacks. Also, the game is a bit tutorial heavy, but I don't mind that, especially since this is my first full playthrough of a Mario & Luigi game, even if I played some of it before.

The good things about it is first, the graphics. Wow, after all these years of New Super Mario Bros., Mario & Luigi feel fresh and superb. Also, we get original characters, unlike the NSMB muck-up that is Sticker Star. Bowser also retains his personality. Plus, you get to control Mario more. The music is good, too. What I didn't like is that Mario and Luigi don't yell at the top of their lungs when the battles start, and I wish they can make some noises in battle to make it more lively. This game, still, retains the spirit of the previous Mario & Luigi games, and I like it.

Yoshidude99 said:
As I am typing this Dream Team is downloading onto my 3DS!
Good for you! Hope it'll be fun!

Someone asked me "BiS or DT: Which one's better?"

I can't really answer that yet. I remember being more excited for BiS because it had Bowser playable, and like 11 months of waiting compared to like 5 months of waiting since the announcement of those games to the release date. Dream Team is a lot of fun, but it is a bit slow with all the tutorials.

However, I'm probably leaning more towards DT right now. It seems like it is a lot better with the difficulty (meaning that it is harder and not as much as a pushover as BiS was), and the plot is probably better paced. The battles are definitely a lot more gimmicky, which if you are a more patient gamer, is actually really cool and not as monotonous, though it makes it longer. I feel that it better represents the previous installments and really pulls the series together with all the nostalgic characters, which makes it really memorable. Definitely love the Pi'illo quests, and I feel that the Dream World abilities are a lot of fun.

I'm not to the end, so I can't fully say what my final opinion will be, but that's how I feel right now.

Ok so it downloaded. It's cool so far. I haven't played very far though because I'm going to play the game on holiday.

So...

The Zeekeeper's battle was purely epic. Like, Earth-wake made the whole giant battles feel tedious since I took like half an hour with him, but the Zeekeeper battle reminded me how cool those battles can be, and the fact that it was just so much fun. Plus, the Zeekeeper is a great character.

Also, got all 52 Pi'illos saved!

I'm really liking this game.

I'm getting it today (if GS has it)!

If they don't have the game, you can always buy e shop cards and download the game.

nsymon said:
If they don't have the game, you can always buy e shop cards and download the game.

Not everyone likes that though. I mean, i definitely perfer the retail version to the downloadable version because if my 3DS breaks, there goes all those games.

The Earl of Millenium said:
They could change a bit of the game in difficult mode, like in the Master Quest in Ocarina of Time.

I haven't played the mode yet, but it's probably like Skyward Sword Hero Mode where only the enemies are harder.

So, I definitely love the Expert challenges, but man, when you get later in the game and you are trying to get those Dodge Ten ones (Like Dodge Ten 15 & 16), it's just...rough...

cryoAwakening said:
The Zeekeeper's battle was purely epic. Like, Earth-wake made the whole giant battles feel tedious since I took like half an hour with him, but the Zeekeeper battle reminded me how cool those battles can be, and the fact that it was just so much fun.

Funny, Earthwake was my favorite giant fight in the game and Zeekeeper was the one that made me hate the giant battle against him.

So, pros and cons of this game? From what I'm gathering from the reviews, the boss fights don't leave much room for error, is that true?

Nabber said:
So, pros and cons of this game? From what I'm gathering from the reviews, the boss fights don't leave much room for error, is that true?

Enemies don't leave that much room for error either.

The thing about this game is that it's pretty fast pace later in the game, which makes it really rough. If you battle new enemies, you have the potential to die easily because you don't know how to dodge the quick attacks. It's annoying, but it's actually really fun. I wouldn't call it much of a con as more of a pro since it's better than the previous games with the rather boring battles.

I think that the bros. attacks and Luiginary attacks are a little more...difficult to use as well, which is pretty much a con, as it's annoying to get the hang of them. They're definitely gimmicky, but if you don't master them, they kind of don't help much. I'll tell you though, when you figure out how to do the bomb derby, you have so much fun...

The characters are definitely witty, and the fact that there are so many characters and a lot of dialogue that changes as the game progresses is definitely a pro as opposed to the usual "character says only one thing the entire game."

Am I the only person who was surprised at how quick the game went by after beating it? I heard it was the longest in the series, but maybe I just rushed it.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Am I the only person who was surprised at how quick the game went by after beating it? I heard it was the longest in the series, but maybe I just rushed it.

It is the longest though.

I'm not done yet (I have about another chunk of the last area), and I'm aleady 34 hours into the game.

BiS took me about 26 hours total, and PiT took me about only 20 hours; Superstar Saga I don't remember, but I don't think it was super long either. Definitely the longest game in the series.

Back