Mario and Luigi: Dream Team

it it it it it it it it...

IT'S HERE!!!!!

played about two hours, and despite all the obligatory tutorials and chatter you gotta hack through I'm enjoying it a good amount. I'm going the way I played earlier games where luigi is getting mostly HP boosts and mario's getting mostly power boosts when I level up

Tutorials are everywhere in this game. They slow down for a bit after 2 hours.

cryoAwakening said:
Got the game AND the guide.

Now I'll be able to post those stats for all the enemies like I usually do on the wiki!
Getting a guide instead of Fire Emblem: Awkakening. Shame.

Especially since guides are useless with the Internet and all.

About what I said about fawful: In an early area in Dream Team, a character who is facing away from you says this:
"Mweh heh heh hee... Finally... At last... My dream will be true! I will BE the Zeekeeper! Oh, the shrieks of awe and delight from all! Mweh heh heh hoo..."
A Zeekeeper is the mascot of the island this character is on.
I am not saying this IS fawful, because I have not even played very far yet, just something to note...

Dimentio said:
About what I said about fawful: In an early area in Dream Team, a character who is facing away from you says this:
"Mweh heh heh hee... Finally... At last... My dream will be true! I will BE the Zeekeeper! Oh, the shrieks of awe and delight from all! Mweh heh heh hoo..."
A Zeekeeper is the mascot of the island this character is on.
I am not saying this IS fawful, because I have not even played very far yet, just something to note...
That doesn't sound like Fawful at all...

There was a Zeekeeper mascot in one of the early crowd scenes that spoke in Engrish in what was probably a reference to the guy, but other than that...

Well, the game finally caused me extreme fury.
That damn Zeekeeper battle. I always get pelted with eggs during the dimensional flying sequence due to my 3DS not reacting correctly when I tilt it. Also my Touch Screen occasionally ignores my action, causing me massive damage.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
That dang Zeekeeper battle. I always get pelted with eggs during the dimensional flying sequence due to my 3DS not reacting correctly when I tilt it. Also my Touch Screen occasionally ignores my action, causing me massive damage.
Your that far in already.

You may not be holding your 3DS correctly.

Just you wait until you face the last Giant Battle.

This game is a real pile of horseshit when it comes to the boss battles. You pretty much die in one turn if you fuck up.

Just started playing this, and I'd be totally addicted to it if it weren't for DuckTales Remastered at the moment.

Though I have to say, the game goes a bit overboard on the tutorials...

nsymon said:
Fawfulthegreat64 said:
That dang Zeekeeper battle. I always get pelted with eggs during the dimensional flying sequence due to my 3DS not reacting correctly when I tilt it. Also my Touch Screen occasionally ignores my action, causing me massive damage.

I'm on the last giant battle now. Damn, I was able to maintain full health for the majority of the battle, but then on just ONE of his attacks I screwed up on, and my health went down to under 25 percent! Then it went to the spinning shell thing, and Luigi completely ignored my tilting and decided he wanted to shoot straight into the lava. Then on my second try, I swiped to dodge Bowser from ramming me, and Luigi ignored that, getting hit into the lava. I swear my 3DS is screwy!

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
nsymon said:
Fawfulthegreat64 said:

I'm on the last giant battle now. dang, I was able to maintain full health for the majority of the battle, but then on just ONE of his attacks I screwed up on, and my health went down to under 25 percent! Then it went to the spinning shell thing, and Luigi completely ignored my tilting and decided he wanted to shoot straight into the lava. Then on my second try, I swiped to dodge Bowser from ramming me, and Luigi ignored that, getting hit into the lava. I swear my 3DS is screwy!
You need to hold your 3DS correctly.

I hold my 3DS fine. I do exactly what it says. I did choose the setting so Luigi is on the left like Bowser was in BiS, even though I'm right-handed, just so I wouldn't have to get used to fighting from the opposite side which would feel weird.

I like that the giant battles are on the opposite side; now your hand doesn't block the other side of the screen in the battles.

I really like the game, but after playing through it within 2 hours each time I play, I get so tired. I usually play my 3DS before I go to sleep, which has basically subconsciously made me feel sleepy after playing it, and as a result, I can't play the game for long periods of time. That and reading; I swear, if I ever have trouble falling asleep, it's those two things that make me sleepy.

But I really love the game so far!

Just beat the game.

Don't even bother going into Neo Bowser Castle having not mastered the Luiginary Typhoon, since it's pretty much a necessity for the the boss fights in the Dream World during that time.

Also, be sure to collect the Attack Pieces in the castle because the Bros. Attack it gives you is stupidly powerful and easy to perform.

I'll post my opinions on some of the bosses and overall later.

From the sound of that you were not too impressed with this game.

I just beat it with only Luiginary Ball and Luiginary Flame. Also only had three Bros. Attacks for each bro. I swear I just got lucky on the last hit to Giant Bowser, where you have to dodge the fireballs, because that cancels the whole attack if ONE fireball hits you. Dunno how I managed that on only my second try. Anyway I did not save after Antasma, because like I did with Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story, I'm keeping a file with the semi-final boss not beaten so I can infinitely fight him as well. Going to go back and get all the attacks and Pi'illos later.

No need to copy your save file
Just fight Antasma X instead.

So I just freed Boss Brickle from the fountain. The fountain smashed through the screen. At the time, the 3D was turned off... I get the feeling it would have looked better if the 3D was on... Dang.

I want Mario & Luigi Dream Team! It looks very fun. What are the good things about it?

Back