Mario and Luigi: Dream Team

EmeraldDiamond said:
Marilith said:
Pearl said:
which is the 3ds/2ds >.>
Aw, yes, the 2DS, Nintendo's stupidest idea yet. And that's saying something, because they added Wii Fit Trainer to the next SSB.
Someone actually agrees with me.
I remember when I told my classmate about the 2DS, and he thought I was joking because it was really stupid.
Wait, no one else agrees? Really? -_- JUST TURN OFF THE DAMN 3D SETTING ON THE 3DS AND YOU WON'T NEED A 2DS!

EmeraldDiamond said:
Toa 95 said:
Because having a bunch of bad guys team up for no good reason is a brilliant idea in the first place.
Well, think about it. It wouldn't be for no reason. It will be for the world domination and the revenge on the Bros. they always wanted.

Cackletta=Dead
Shroobs=frozen
Fawful=Dead
Antasma=????

I highly doubt it.

Iggy Koopa Jr said:
EmeraldDiamond said:
Toa 95 said:
Because having a bunch of bad guys team up for no good reason is a brilliant idea in the first place.
Well, think about it. It wouldn't be for no reason. It will be for the world domination and the revenge on the Bros. they always wanted.

Cackletta=Dead
Shroobs=frozen
Fawful=Dead
Antasma=????

I highly doubt it.
The Shroobs weren't frozen since Bowser's Inside Story, right?

Marilith said:
Pearl said:
which is the 3ds/2ds >.>
Aw, yes, the 2DS, Nintendo's stupidest idea yet. And that's saying something, because they added Wii Fit Trainer to the next SSB.
Marilith said:
Wait, no one else agrees? Really? -_- JUST TURN OFF THE dang 3D SETTING ON THE 3DS AND YOU WON'T NEED A 2DS!

i was going to respond to these but then i realised that you're 10 so nvm

EmeraldDiamond said:
Someone actually agrees with me.
I remember when I told my classmate about the 2DS, and he thought I was joking because it was really stupid.

...almost everyone in the gaming community will probably agree with you on that one (not me, btw)

Marilith said:
Iggy Koopa Jr said:
EmeraldDiamond said:
Toa 95 said:

Cackletta=Dead
Shroobs=frozen
Fawful=Dead
Antasma=????

I highly doubt it.

Meant the others in the background.

Iggy Koopa Jr said:
Marilith said:
Iggy Koopa Jr said:
EmeraldDiamond said:
Toa 95 said:

Cackletta=Dead
Shroobs=frozen
Fawful=Dead
Antasma=????

I highly doubt it.

Meant the others in the background.
Oh okay.

Marilith said:
Pearl said:
Marilith said:
Should I get Dream Team? It looks fun, but, as with Pokémon X & Y, it sorta ruined it in my opinion when it was released for 3DS.

...what did you expect them to release it on?
Something that normal people would buy.
The 3DS is what normal people buy. It's the current handheld. The DS is outdated.

Michael Myers said:
Marilith said:
Pearl said:
Marilith said:
Should I get Dream Team? It looks fun, but, as with Pokémon X & Y, it sorta ruined it in my opinion when it was released for 3DS.

The 3DS is what normal people buy. It's the current handheld. The DS is outdated.
But the 3D feature is unnecessary and after using it for four months my eyesight is worse than my mom's.

Marilith said:
yes, it's much better than the other games, gameplaywise.

Marilith said:
Michael Myers said:
Marilith said:
Pearl said:
Marilith said:

But the 3D feature is unnecessary and after using it for four months my eyesight is worse than my mom's.
And that's why you turn 3D off

Agent Smith said:
Marilith said:
Michael Myers said:
Marilith said:
Pearl said:
Marilith said:

And that's why you turn 3D off
Whatever.

I think I found most of the Luigi text in Dream's Deep! Hoorah!
*floaty text*
Big bro!
You're so cool!
Let me help!
I fight ghosts!
I can jump high!
Don't fear ghosts...
Big bro! Big bro!
Gotta help bro!
I'm not clumsy!
Take me with you!
Big broooooo...
My bro rules!
My bro is the best!
Don't leave me!
Big bro, big bro!
Big brooooooo!
Wait for me! Big broooooo!
*first incounter*
Big bro! Where's Peach?
Big bro, please take me with you!
Hey! No one messes with my bro!
Big bro! I can help!
I wanna go too!
*second incounter*
It's probably dangerous ahead!
You may not be able to come back...
You can leave if you jump toward that light...
I don't know what's up ahead...
Big bro... it's your choice...
Luigi... will follow you...
We're all here for you, bro. Always.
Big bro... let's go!
-
after analyzing the text even more than last time, i cried even harder. especially at "luigi... will follow you". it shows that luigi truly cares. the other times he shows this are the giant fights and during just about anything lol.
i told my friends that i cried, and they just laughed in my face dream's deep has so much meaning. i wish they would of added a bit more to understand luigi's emotions even more...

Awesome. Dream's Deep is amazing: best part of the game, imho. You already can understand a lot from all the little statements, if you're willing to go all English-class-mode and do a close reading:

To me. "Luigi... will follow...", as well as showing loyalty, also could show a bit of resignation to the fact that he follows, making it sad as well as sweet. Then there's the pleading or wistful "Take me with you!" and "I wanna go too!", the cry of "Wait for me!", and the most devastating plea of all, "Don't leave me!" - is Luigi afraid of being left behind, or perhaps, is he afraid of being left alone? The defensive "I'm not clumsy!" assertion also stands out to me, the question being is it meant to be indignant or dismayed? "Let me help!" could also be said so many different ways: like a demand (unlikely, imho), a gentle prompt (although the exclamation marks suggests no), a beseeching request (I think so), or even a desperate cry if Mario's particularly recalcitrant about receiving help. Things like "I fight ghosts!" and "I jump high!" are Luigi taking a little pride in what he can do - how he can measure up to Mario, although I wouldn't say it goes so far as to show some sibling rivalry, but rather, simply that this second Mario Bro. can stand on his own and has something to his own name. But like the "clumsy" bit, there's even insecurity underlying these outwardly boastful statements, especially when he follows up with "Don't fear ghosts..." - seems more like he's telling himself that, rather than giving Mario advice. Not to say that he's a coward, of course, because you've also got the gutsy statement "No one messes with my bro!" - perhaps that could be bravado, but I think it's a sincere flare of his fighting spirit. It's also interesting that while he seems to feel overshadowed by Mario, he certainly doesn't resent his brother for it, but on the contrary, holds him aloft on a pedestal with his incessant refrain of "Big bro!", and insistence to Mario that "[He's] so cool!". As I said before, he's certainly loyal and here, deep down, he's seemed to have accepted the fact that he's number two (hence the lack of rivalry in his statements, perhaps), which is even more apparent when you look at the full ending passage, rather than the "follow" bit alone: "Big bro... it's your choice... Luigi... will follow you... [I'm] here for you, bro. Always."

I got two glitches!

1. During Antasma X battle, Dreambert will occasionally go invisible.
2. The game sometimes stops after defeating Antasma X. It just refuses to go back to the Boss menu.

Cucurbita Pepo said:
I got two glitches!

2. The game sometimes stops after defeating Antasma X. It just refuses to go back to the Boss menu.

Also this.

BananaFreak said:
Cucurbita Pepo said:
I got two glitches!

Also this.

That I know of. LMDM is the game that has the most glitches. I found 5 without looking at MW.

Cucurbita Pepo said:
BananaFreak said:
Cucurbita Pepo said:
I got two glitches!

Also this.

That I know of. LMDM is the game that has the most glitches. I found 5 without looking at MW.

That's why it's the first main 3DS game by Nintendo (except for MK7 as that only counts for online mode) that got patch'd.

But none of those glitches are game-breaking, rendering the game unplayable.

And while it's published by Nintendo, Next Level Games did the developing, so maybe that's a partial reason? I didn't say Next Level Games is a bad designer.

Mario Party X said:
But none of those glitches are game-breaking, rendering the game unplayable.

And while it's published by Nintendo, Next Level Games did the developing, so maybe that's a partial reason? I didn't say Next Level Games is a bad designer.
Don't you mean AlphaDream?

I was referring to Luigi's Mansion 3DS, especially when BananaFreak said that it's the first main Nintendo game that received a patch.

I dunno why Broque's quiz at the begining was so easy.

Chuck Ballymoo said:
I dunno why Broque's quiz at the begining was so easy.

It's just to get you to know stuff. It's easy on purpose so that mostly everyone can get it right and get money, but I assume that even if you get it wrong, you'll get the same prize because of "now knowing it", or making you guess again or something like that.

Back