Worst TV shows and movies these days

Reality TV shows. In general. They're not as bad in Australia, but I think it's because we're always a few steps behind America when it comes to TV content, anyway.

Unfortunately, the crap stuff still gets aired here.

Samus Aran said:
Anything movie or tv related to transformers that isn't beast wars or transformers prime.

Speaking of which, I heard the first Transformers movie was about a kid trying to get a car for a girl (who is out of his league) more than it was about the Transformers. I also heard about the masturbation/urination joke and the anti-climactic ending.

Do any of you honestly think that "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters" is a decent idea? Well it exists and it sounds retarded.

KoopaGuy said:
Samus Aran said:
Anything movie or tv related to transformers that isn't beast wars or transformers prime.

Speaking of which, I heard the first Transformers movie was about a kid trying to get a car for a girl (who is out of his league) more than it was about the Transformers. I also heard about the masturbation/urination joke and the anti-climactic ending.

Do any of you honestly think that "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters" is a decent idea? Well it exists and it sounds retarded.
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.

You cannot find anything dumber-sounding then this.

Time Turner said:
KoopaGuy said:
Samus Aran said:

I don't understand what's so amazing about the whole "grim fairytale reboot"

Or, in Abraham Lincoln's case "grim reality reboot"

Why do we need to reboot history, anyway?

Purple Yoshi said:
Time Turner said:
KoopaGuy said:
Samus Aran said:

By the way, it was a book before it was a movie. Besides, it's fun to put old stuff in new scenarios.

Purple Yoshi said:
Time Turner said:
KoopaGuy said:
Samus Aran said:

^^^^

Time Turner said:
KoopaGuy said:
Samus Aran said:

Nor more awesome-sounding!

Sadly, the movie was just dumb. It was self-aware enough to know it was stupid but not self-aware enough to be funny.

Roserade said:
Purple Yoshi said:
Time Turner said:
KoopaGuy said:
Samus Aran said:

^^^^

You guys realize that "grim fairy tale" reboots are actually more in line with how the ORIGINAL fairy tales actually were?

Fairy tales weren't always the friendly whimsical tales kids read in children books now days. If you actually go back and read some of the ORIGINAL fairy tales, not the "mother goose's" fairy tales, there are some really, really dark and grim stories. The "modern grim fairy tale" reboot fad is tame in comparison.

Brock said:
Roserade said:
Purple Yoshi said:
Time Turner said:
KoopaGuy said:
Samus Aran said:

^^^^

You guys realize that "grim fairy tale" reboots are actually more in line with how the ORIGINAL fairy tales actually were?

Fairy tales weren't always the friendly whimsical tales kids read in children books now days. If you actually go back and read some of the ORIGINAL fairy tales, not the "mother goose's" fairy tales, there are some really, really dark and grim stories. The "modern grim fairy tale" reboot fad is tame in comparison.
For example, in Cinderella, Cinderella's step-sisters cut their toes off in an effort to make their feet fit the shoe. After Cinderella goes off with her prince, the step-sisters get their eyes plucked out by Cinderella's bird companions.

Also, Cinderella's shoes were originally fur shoes (vair), but were misinterpreted and then mistranslated from French as glass shoes (verre).

Time Turner said:
Brock said:
Roserade said:
Purple Yoshi said:
Time Turner said:
KoopaGuy said:
Samus Aran said:

^^^^

For example, in Cinderella, Cinderella's step-sisters cut their toes off in an effort to make their feet fit the shoe. After Cinderella goes off with her prince, the step-sisters get their eyes plucked out by Cinderella's bird companions.

Also, Cinderella's shoes were originally fur shoes (vair), but were misinterpreted and then mistranslated from French as glass shoes (verre).

That sounds really dumb, actually.

Gundam Tanaka said:
Roserade said:
Disney Pixar has been coming out with pure gold lately.

However, Dreamworks is coming out with movies that mean practically nothing at all. They're coming out with movies WAY too fast.
Brave was meh and I heard Cars 2 was quite bad.

Cars 2 was awful.

Luna the 45th Nazgul of the Turbotastic Sith Lords said:
Gundam Tanaka said:
Roserade said:
Disney Pixar has been coming out with pure gold lately.

However, Dreamworks is coming out with movies that mean practically nothing at all. They're coming out with movies WAY too fast.
Brave was meh and I heard Cars 2 was quite bad.

Cars 2 was awful.
It was way better than the first movie though.

I think a lot of you guys are missing the point of why grimmdark (geddit) fairy tale reboots are stupid. It's because they're all the same, and the darkness gets really boring after a while. It's like how Michael Bay made explosions dull. It's not because it's dark, it's because the darkness is being done badly.

And I'm surprised nobody realized that, as awful as it turned out to be, Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter was supposed to be ridiculous. I hear the book version made that self-awareness a lot more obvious, but really, guys, it's called Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, and you really think it's supposed to be serious?

Nice Cage said:
And I'm surprised nobody realized that, as awful as it turned out to be, Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter was supposed to be ridiculous. I hear the book version made that self-awareness a lot more obvious, but really, guys, it's called Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, and you really think it's supposed to be serious?
I didn't say that it was meant to be taken seriously. All I said was that it was ridiculous.

KoopaGuy said:
Baby Luigi said:
This should be moved to Entertainment and Media

This is confounding. What would be the difference between this and something that is not Mario related? Why even have more than one subject that doesn't have anything to do with Mario? :s

What does any of my topic has to do with Mario?

Anyway, the best movie I watched is Birdemic. It's better than your favorite movie. It has super craptastic CGI graphics, awesome dull acting, and cool repetitive scenes.

Roserade said:
Purple Yoshi said:
Time Turner said:
KoopaGuy said:
Samus Aran said:

^^^^
That movie sounds retarded. I'm willing to bet breakfast, lunch, and dinner that Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters is trying to be the new Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Hell, how can you even kill a vampire with an axe? You need to either expose it to the sun, shove a wooden stake through its heart, or expose it to something holy. But hey, vampires are now overgrown red lipstick-wearers with crappy teeth so maybe that's how you kill them these days.
Baby Luigi said:
KoopaGuy said:
Baby Luigi said:
This should be moved to Entertainment and Media

This is confounding. What would be the difference between this and something that is not Mario related? Why even have more than one subject that doesn't have anything to do with Mario? :s

What does any of my topic has to do with Mario?

Anyway, the best movie I watched is Birdemic. It's better than your favorite movie. It has super craptastic CGI graphics, awesome dull acting, and cool repetitive scenes.
Okay, good point.

Well anyways, what is my "favorite" movie? Which movie are you referring to with the "awesome dull acting, super crap-tastic C.G.I. graphics, and coll repetitive scenes"? Birdemic or my "favorite". Whatever you are talking about sounds like such awesome garbage.

Baby Luigi said:
Manos: The Hands of Fate is better.

it has torgo

You do have the point there. Torgo has charm. And he delivers pizza.

Well anyways, what is my "favorite" movie? Which movie are you referring to with the "awesome dull acting, super crap-tastic C.G.I. graphics, and coll repetitive scenes"? Birdemic or my "favorite". Whatever you are talking about sounds like such awesome garbage.

Birdemic is awesome garbage. Just look at its budget.

Proto Man said:
Baby Luigi said:
Manos: The Hands of Fate is better.

it has torgo
excuse me but i think both of you need to watch Dünyayı Kurtaran Adam (The Man Who Saved The World) aka Turkish Star Wars

that right there is the best bad film

Is it worse than the Star Wars Holiday Special?

Pixer do need to get back on track.

Cars 2 was next to nothing I even expected, it was a spy film not a racing film, its's plot was good, it had good visuals but lacked any sence of action and had a main characternp who was not promoted as main character.

Brave was just far too short, lacked a Villian, a terrible plot, set in the past which isn't the time pixer should set. It did have some good action sequences and some funny parts but then came a few boring parts were you can't even bare to watch. I don't want this kind of film to be done by Pixer again.

They really need to get back on track. Toy Story 3 was amazing so was most of their other flims before that.

Back