Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Changing characters doesn't change the wheels so the wheels are irrelevant.

I'm not sure if the wiki talks about what color of the Circuit Special, GLA, etc. that Bowser Jr. uses. And how about his Super Glider?

I've been frequenting the vehicle pages a lot, so I know which entries have been updated with Junior (and other Deluxe characters) and which ones haven't.

Junior has the green Circuit Special, the green Biddybuggy, the standard Landship, the gray GLA, the green Sport Bike, and the black City Tripper. The Sneeker is the only colorful body that hasn't been updated yet, so I can't help you there.

Actually, I'm not sure if you can eve change the colors of those vehicles to match Bowser Jr. specifically. I think the game "assigns" that color to Larry (he gets the Orange Circuit special that Daisy uses), so it means you have to modify something else aside from textures to get the color you want specifically for Larry's slot or else it would affect other characters who use that particular color of Circuit Special.

I think that's how it works.

His Circuit Special is green and his GLA is grey, as is noted on the Wiki.

Super Glider uses the same shades of yellow and green as his standard kart, with yellow fill and green line.

As for all other parts that may be of interest and aren't on the wiki yet:
Bounder is grey, Koopa Clown is default green, Splat Buggy is default pink/lightblue

I haven't yet unlocked the Ink Striker of the bunch, but as that one doesn't change colour for non-Inklings, you can imagine what it looks like on Jr.

Getting a few screenshots for you as we speak.

Just reposting and deleting my previous one to make sure you see it and avoid double posting at the same time.

I've packed a bunch of character selection-screen screenshots in a ZIP file for you to go crazy with.

characterkartimages01.zip (19,5 MB)
(SHA1 is BF0A314584E0DCFD596FDD43070AD759E2047FD6 if you're paranoid)

Contains aforementioned Bowser Jr. shots, as well as Standard Quad and Bike pictures of the characters that didn't have 'em.

Thanks for the insigh.

I already knew how textures work in MK8 , so yeah , i only stick to standard parts for changes since those have unique slots that are not shared.

Sadly Larry has some weird recolors , such as Rosalina's scooter , Daisy's circuit special etc so those cannot be changed because other characters will be affected.

It's fine either way. Right now im more concerned about the fact that i didnt notice that the model i used is ''chubbier'' than the usual BJ models so his face looks a tad different than Deluxe and that irks me lol.

I might change the model , again.

I will never for the life of me understand why Larry has the yellow/orange color swaps and Lemmy has the blue color swaps, with the exception of the City Tripper.

It looks like they got it the other way around, since they drive in each other's shell color.

Well, at least getting those two swapped allowed to maximize contrast with the main color of the shell, you can even equip the tires of the same main color of the shell (Hot Monster for Lemmy, Azure Roller for Larry) and obtain fabulous results because of that!

Lakituthequick said:
His Circuit Special is green and his GLA is grey, as is noted on the Wiki.

Super Glider uses the same shades of yellow and green as his standard kart, with yellow fill and green line.

As for all other parts that may be of interest and aren't on the wiki yet:
Bounder is grey, Koopa Clown is default green, Splat Buggy is default pink/lightblue

I haven't yet unlocked the Ink Striker of the bunch, but as that one doesn't change colour for non-Inklings, you can imagine what it looks like on Jr.

Getting a few screenshots for you as we speak.

Just reposting and deleting my previous one to make sure you see it and avoid double posting at the same time.

I've packed a bunch of character selection-screen screenshots in a ZIP file for you to go crazy with.

characterkartimages01.zip (19,5 MB)
(SHA1 is BF0A314584E0DCFD596FDD43070AD759E2047FD6 if you're paranoid)

Contains aforementioned Bowser Jr. shots, as well as Standard Quad and Bike pictures of the characters that didn't have 'em.

Thank you soooo much

I wonder if the legendary Mr Yabuki, who directed this game and ARMS, has beaten my record in Neo Bowser City 150cc (1:50:866)

He's too busy to care.

YoshiGo99 said:
memoryman3 said:
I wonder if the legendary Mr Yabuki, who directed this game and ARMS, has beaten my record in Neo Bowser City 150cc (1:50:866)
I wouldn't be too proud of that time.

Firehopping is not a thing anymore.

Let's see if you can beat that time I set.

I was lucky to even get under 1:59 with my 3DS Neo Bowser City best time, so it feels very ironic that a combination with far worse traction statistics is able to get a drastically faster time on that track.

MnSG said:
I was lucky to even get under 1:59 with my 3DS Neo Bowser City best time, so it feels very ironic that a combination with far worse traction statistics is able to get a drastically faster time on that track.

I got my time with Daisy + City Tripper + Roller + Flower Glider.

memoryman3 said:
YoshiGo99 said:
memoryman3 said:
I wouldn't be too proud of that time.

Firehopping is not a thing anymore.

Let's see if you can beat that time I set.
Yea I'm not up for a challenge because I never do Time Trial. Nor do I actually have Deluxe, feel free to send me your Switch and copy of Deluxe and I'll try it.

But here because you're so picky.

Time: 1:45.971

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe seems poinless to me. It is basically the DLCs on Mario Kart 8 but you don't need to buy them but you need the game and a Nintendo Switch which you are better of buying the DLCs.

Toad-Party said:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe seems poinless to me. It is basically the DLCs on Mario Kart 8 but you don't need to buy them but you need the game and a Nintendo Switch which you are better of buying the DLCs.
Unless there's true Battle Mode.

Toad-Party said:

Frankly, the only good thing about Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is its better Battle Mode. As such, if you already own the original Mario Kart 8, and prefer to do races over battles, I would not bother getting the Nintendo Switch port at all.

Besides, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe really ****** up the stat balancing for the characters, as you literally have to go all Metal Mario or Pink Gold Peach for the best possible stat totals.

Toad-Party said:
New Battle Mode
New characters
New vehicle pieces
Cheaper than the original game with DLC

Seems better off buying the original to me.

MnSG said:
Toad-Party said:

Frankly, the only good thing about Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is its better Battle Mode. As such, if you already own the original Mario Kart 8, and prefer to do races over battles, I would not bother getting the Nintendo Switch port at all.

Besides, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe really ****** up the stat balancing for the characters, as you literally have to go all Metal Mario or Pink Gold Peach for the best possible stat totals.

Have you even played the new version? Metal Mario + Pink Gold Peach are good, but not that good.

memoryman3 said:
Have you even played the new version? Metal Mario + Pink Gold Peach are good, but not that good.

I don't have the money to even buy a Nintendo Switch system right now. And practically every retail store that has a Nintendo Switch display does not let you play game demos.

With that said, I just have no reason to be getting Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, since you're not getting anything new with the GP cups; it literally reuses every single track from the original game.

Back