Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Maybe because they thought Battle Mode was dead because of the changes they made to it.

The only reason I think they aren't making any more tracks is because how would you district them from the Switch's true Mario Kart (Mario Kart 9?) and Retro tracks are just tracks from previous Mario games. Because there is a chance that people played those tracks, they limited the max to be half of the Nitro tracks and I don't see this change anytime soon.

Re: Huh!

Yoshi the SSM said:
The only reason I think they aren't making any more tracks is because how would you district them from the Switch's true Mario Kart (Mario Kart 9?) and Retro tracks are just tracks from previous Mario games. Because there is a chance that people played those tracks, they limited the max to be half of the Nitro tracks and I don't see this change anytime soon.

Didn't think of it that way because the big N usually say "Only one mario kart per console"

soo.. i think this means with the exception of the port this means like... we'll get the ported version white we wait for the true sequel for and exclusively on Switch :)

http://imgur.com/a/P97dk

Why Nintendo....just why. Why are you so lazy with your amiibo support? Why isn't Daisy/Waluigi/Boo supported? I thought you were trying to sell these things? Guess not. Despite all the bad news, I was willing to give this game a chance if they added Daisy's suit and a Glow in the Dark Boo suit? But noooo, we get a stupid Inkling suit. I am really starting to hate the Inkling.

Have they confirmed that these are the only amiibo costumes? If not then calm down. We're still learning about this game. Hell, we didn't even know about the other additional battle modes until today. And if they are the only ones, who cares? They're Mii costumes.

I for one welcome our new Inkling overlords, and hope they show up in Smash soon.

who the fuck cares about the mii costumes, the only decent one is captain falcon anyway

Everyone getting so excited, meanwhile I'm silently weeping because there's no way I'm gonna be able to get a Switch any time soon. In fact, given the Wii U predicament, I'm somewhat anxious over eventually getting a Switch, and then it turns out Nintendo ports all their best games to a newer console later on with more content.

GalacticPetey said:
Have they confirmed that these are the only amiibo costumes? If not then calm down. We're still learning about this game. Hell, we didn't even know about the other additional battle modes until today. And if they are the only ones, who cares? They're Mii costumes.

I for one welcome our new Inkling overlords, and hope they show up in Smash soon.

These were leaked press shots. I'm pretty sure that's it for amiibo.

I am more worried about what this means for the future of :daisy: amiibo. Befor Deluxe, she had a near perfect amiibo track record for games after her amiibo release. Selective amiibo support really hurts a lot of figures.

The funny thing is, a Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card was made for Pokken Tournament, but that's practically its only real use.

Magikrazy said:
Everyone getting so excited, meanwhile I'm silently weeping because there's no way I'm gonna be able to get a Switch any time soon. In fact, given the Wii U predicament, I'm somewhat anxious over eventually getting a Switch, and then it turns out Nintendo ports all their best games to a newer console later on with more content.

I kinda want Mario Kart 8 Deluxe but for some reason I don't feel too bad about it.

Well I do know the reasons but...

Nyrie said:
who the fuck cares about the mii costumes, the only decent one is captain falcon anyway

good point

then i can at least pretend it's a new f-zero

I just hope they confirm characters like Birdo, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong and King K. Rool. And for non-Mario characters, maybe Sonic, Kirby, Pikachu, Clefairy and/or Rhydon.

An interesting note about the tweet that doesn't mean anything: eight times eight is sixty four.

Since they've shown that they're willing to bring back old items, I think it would be nice if the Fake Item Box came back. I have no idea why it's missing.

Grunty Industries said:
It doesn't feel right that it is missing from the item slot.

Would be much better than the coin, since it's technically defenseless.

Nyrie said:
Luigi 64DD said:
What should we make of this tweet by Nintendo of Europe from June 3rd, 2016?
https://twitter.com/nintendoeurope/status/738777797125144576?lang=en
well, it was kalimari desert, and we got inklings
That seems a bit far-fetched...

Roserade said:
An interesting note about the tweet that doesn't mean anything: eight times eight is sixty four.
Frankly, that makes absolutely no sense. Why would Nintendo trick people into thinking there'd be more tracks? And it says #MK8 which is the hashtag for Mario Kart 8 while saying good things come to those who wait and showing a course that wasn't in MK8. Why would you think they're just making a stupid joke about multiplication?

#HopeSpringsEternal

Roserade said:
Roserade said:
And what proof do you have of that? You can't just say it doesn't mean anything and give no reason for why it's meaningless.

EDIT: See below post.

We are still questioning that twitter post. I think nothing of it. And I still don't because it was confirmed that there will be no new tracks for Deluxe.

I don't even think they'd do DLC for a port.

Back