Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Ah, I change between the two. IDK which I use more, though Mario Kart 8 did say you look beautiful with Wood Tires in that combination. I also don't care about the stats at all. They hardly make a difference as much as getting lucky with items do and knowing all the controls.

Baby Luigi said:
Who cares about stats
i normally wouldn't but it's annoying that all of my favourite characters are heavyweights and most of my favourite vehicle parts have awful acceleration and handling

The funny thing about the actual stats ordeal is that while 4.75/6 acceleration may not accelerate any better than 4/6 acceleration for the 150cc, 4.75/6 mini-turbo does make it easier to get 6 fire hops in than with 4.5/6 mini-turbo.

I would say who cares about stats but my favourite looking karts are always the fast ones anyway.

I wonder if Mario Kart 8 Switch will add new karts or balance them or something.

In terms of tracks, I'd love to see SNES Mario Circuit 4 and GBA Bowser Castle 4 since all the others from their track lines have been used. Maybe they should even dive into SNES Bowser Castle tracks.

As long as they completely overhaul the tracks and just as how Cheese Land and Ribbon Road delivered precisely want I wanted from a retro track from GBA or SNES. Elevation, completely different from the source game.

Like SNES Mario Circuit becomes a bustling metropolis, take a step farther.

Otherwise, hell no.

Would rather have Sunset Wilds or the other unused GBA tracks before I want to see another GBA Bowser Castle again.

Ninelevendo said:
I would say who cares about stats but my favourite looking karts are always the fast ones anyway.

I wonder if Mario Kart 8 Switch will add new karts or balance them or something.

I hope they will rebalance characters at least, heavyweights have way too much speed bonus for a fair acceleration. Speaking of that, can they also fix the acceleration tiers?

It wouldn't hurt if there was more stat diversity with the characters too. Have some lightweights sacrifice some handling to boost their speed stats.

Still thinking the stats don't matter.

Perhaps a rework?

Middleweights have no spectacular stats, but they could be the show-offs and are excellent with drifts (and drift boosts) and stunts. This is to allow them to fulfill a niche that actually makes middleweights more viable and not left out over the tussle between lights (where they dominate in Mario Kart 64 and Super Circuit) and heavies (where they dominate in pretty much everything else).

Lightweights can be speedy with good acceleration to boot, but they get bad items and get knocked around a lot.

Heavyweights have the best control and get the best items, but they're pretty slow. They can ram other racers and cause them to lose control, lose items, whatever fits better and doesn't make them broken.

Baby Luigi said:
Would rather have Sunset Wilds or the other unused GBA tracks before I want to see another GBA Bowser Castle again.

See, I'm torn here. We got that ominous tweet that stated "Good things come to those who wait" with a MK8 hashtag and an image of N64 Kalamari Desert. On the other hand, I do not see them surpassing 4 retros per game so N64 already has 4 tracks. However, we also already have 3 Desert tracks, if you consider Sunset Wilds to be a desert (or is it considered more of a canyon-type of deal?). I don't know how I feel about Sunset Wilds or Kalamari Desert honestly. I think they both equally have the same chance of making it; a slim chance albeit.

LeftyGreenMario said:
As long as they completely overhaul the tracks and just as how Cheese Land and Ribbon Road delivered precisely want I wanted from a retro track from GBA or SNES. Elevation, completely different from the source game.

Like SNES Mario Circuit becomes a bustling metropolis, take a step farther.

Otherwise, hell no.

They could totally restylize GBA Bowser Castle 4 with blue lava and similar castle appearance seen in Super Mario 3D World. To be more exact, see level 7-1 Fort Fire Bros. That style would totally work for any retro Bower Castle track.

If SNES Rainbow Road can rear its ugly head numerous times, then Waluigi Pinball and Airship Fortress better happen.

Also not expecting much out of supposed new characters, but hopefully there's more than just "character in a costume" ala Tanooki Mario or Cat Peach.

Guzma said:
If SNES Rainbow Road can rear its ugly head numerous times, then Waluigi Pinball and Airship Fortress better happen.

Also not expecting much out of supposed new characters, but hopefully there's more than just "character in a costume" ala Tanooki Mario or Cat Peach.
IIRC the game director said he wanted to add Junior, Diddy, Dry Bones, and King Boo. One of those has already been shown so that gives me hope.

BirdoFan87 said:
See, I'm torn here. We got that ominous tweet that stated "Good things come to those who wait" with a MK8 hashtag and an image of N64 Kalamari Desert. On the other hand, I do not see them surpassing 4 retros per game so N64 already has 4 tracks. However, we also already have 3 Desert tracks, if you consider Sunset Wilds to be a desert (or is it considered more of a canyon-type of deal?). I don't know how I feel about Sunset Wilds or Kalamari Desert honestly. I think they both equally have the same chance of making it; a slim chance albeit.

I'm pretty sure that tweet hinted at nothing, it was just Nintendo being lulzy

please bring back wario colosseum, i know that there's already two wario tracks but it would be such a wasted opportunity, same with waluigi pinball

Nyrie said:
please bring back wario colosseum, i know that there's already two wario tracks but it would be such a wasted opportunity, same with waluigi pinball

Waluigi Pinball in HD with updated music would be a dream.

Meh

I want SHROOM RIDGE.

The cynical part of me says it's just the current battle mode with arenas, which doesn't automatically solve problems I have with it.

Back