Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

It looks like that there will indeed be only 7 retro tracks across the two packs, one from each game, or 3 in each and have none from 64.

I'm going to predict straight up that the one from 7 will be Wuhu Loop.

Also the electronic display near the finish line says "Show Me Your Moves!". They really went all out with this DLC, heck I think the attention to detail and the use of anti-gravity is far more creative in the DLC tracks than in the original 32.

This does make you wonder what tracks the second DLC pack will offer us. It would be nice to see the Comet Observatory be part of a racetrack.

Unpopular Opinion:

SNES Rainbow Road is my favourite course in SMK and Mario Kart 7 (well this is debateable actually since I also like Airship Fortress DS and Waluigi Flipper DS equally as much), and the MK7 version is overall my second most fav. rainbow road beaten 64 in 8 and is beaten by the Rainbow Road in MKDS

and

I'm

glad

that

it

returns.

Stargazing said:
Glaceon said:
Kavitha Thakur said:
ice track

They showed an ice track?
no, because it isn't made out of you :dk:
:dk:

Kavitha Thakur said:
no, it wasn't shown, but it's been confirmed there's a track called Ice Ice Outpost
all aboard the hype train bound for the outpost

Oh cool. If Dry Dry Outpost is a town in Paper Mario, who knows what that could be.

King Antasma said:
welp there's a bike I'm not using then

I suck horribly with inside drifting bikes

well why don't you practice with them in time trials or something?

I don't really like how they've brought back SNES Rainbow Road for the 3rd time (counting Super Circuit) now. I would've liked the GBA Rainbow Road instead.

And yes, I totally agree with Yasuke there. (Same deal with Mute City and the Zelda theme, in fact.)

SNES Rainbow Road was meh although it did manage to piss me off in MK7 for how overpicked it was.

Speaking of SNES Rainbow Road, here's the video with SNES Rainbow Road if you want the music (you may not hear the it properly).
start from 2:27

The following are apparently the stats for the vehicle parts that were shown on the Nintendo Minute...

Triforce Tires
Speed: +0.25
Acceleration: -0.25
Weight: 0
Handling: +0.25
Traction: -0.5

Hylian Kite
Speed: 0
Acceleration: +0.25
Weight: -0.25
Handling: 0
Traction: 0

Tanooki Kart
Speed: 0
Acceleration: 0
Weight: 0
Handling: -0.25
Traction: +0.25

Blue Falcon
Speed: +0.25
Acceleration: +0.5
Weight: -0.5
Handling: 0
Traction: -0.5

As for Cat Peach, she apparently has the same stats as Peach, Daisy, and Yoshi.

MnSG said:

Well that addition has got to be the most pointless Mario Kart addition ever

At least Baby Peach and Pink Gold Peach have the balls to be in a different weight class.

? Block said:
MnSG said:

Well that addition has got to be the most pointless Mario Kart addition ever

At least Baby Peach and Pink Gold Peach have the balls to be in a different weight class.

Peach has not balls.
Watch Tanooki Mario getting the same weight as Mario.

I know, but I'm using that term for, you know, the purpose of getting my point across

Yeah Tanooki Mario will have the same weight as Mario, also making him another most pointless character ever.

? Block said:
I know, but I'm using that term for, you know, the purpose of getting my point across

Yeah Tanooki Mario will have the same weight as Mario, also making him another most pointless character ever.

So judging by your statement, pretty much everyone is pointless because they share their stats with at least one other character. A rather dumb statement if you asked me.

Back