Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

2637198-wiiu_mk8_yoshiall_sm.jpg

fuck yeah, coloured yoshi's. I'll use red or cyan.

Oh and the extra characters/stages are also cool.

There are 9 Yoshi colors in total? The white is missing in the image and the orange is a uncommon one.

Henry said:
Nah, just 3D Player and FTG64, which both complain about game rosters all the time.
Am I really that bad that you would lump me with 3D Player? I just want equal Mario representation, and this is putting outsiders in the game anyone from unrepresented popular Mario games get their chance. Otherwise I wouldn't mind it. I'm not glad anyone is cut though.

I'll probably buy this DLC anyway to be honest.

I think it's more about how venting over the roster choices won't have any effect whatsoever on said choices.

I don't really mind since I understand what you mean but I'm also fairly easy to please when it comes to rosters so I don't really care what they add since any additions are good additions in my eyes.

Got the update and DLC preordered and I'm pretty impressed with what I see. The CSS and SSS are kind of weird at the moment because they have placeholders where the characters and cups should be but it'll look nice once everything is there. White Yoshi looks amazing in the game as does Orange Shy Guy. I think this is first game where Orange Shy Guy appears in, right?

I want to use Light-Blue Yoshi but he has the ugly red sports bike, so I'm using White Yoshi until I unlock a different inside drifting bike. I want the Yoshi Bike because it looks hilarious.

Mercedes DLC is cool, I won't use the cars but I'm using the wheels. The placeholder images are nice, I can see how many coins I have now as well. 900. I really don't like the random unlocking system still.

Good job DLC, you got me to play the game again after a few months.

With bowser jr. and diddy kong being in smash I have no doubts they'll be available in a character dlc set or something. After all, more games to use your amiibo figurines on.

Mio Akiyama said:
2637198-wiiu_mk8_yoshiall_sm.jpg

fuck yeah, coloured yoshi's. I'll use red or cyan.

Oh and the extra characters/stages are also cool.
well it's nice to see that there's still no anti-aliasing

in other news, i clicked download for the dlc on the eshop but when i open up mario kart 8 i don't see any updates... what am i doing wrong

Nabber said:
in other news, i clicked download for the dlc on the eshop but when i open up mario kart 8 i don't see any updates... what am i doing wrong
Do you see the Shop button in the main menu? If so, there you can download the Mercedes DLC for free and purchase the two packs.
If you bought any of these in the normal eShop already, check the character selection screen. If you bought both packs, there will at first be exclamation marks with Yoshi and Shy Guy, after choosing them there will be a color selection screen. Otherwise, check for the presence of Mercedes cars or the 6 characters. There should be a shopping bag or a checkmark next to them, depending on whether you bought them or not.
MK8DLC.png

>I'm at school til 5 pm.
>Check facebook in a free minute
>some site posts pictures of link in mk8
>me very clearly and loudly shouting out "what the fuck" in the recreation room.

>at home
>first thing checking this thread
>link and the villager in mk8
>new courses
>new vehicles
>together with the update today
>mercedes benz stuff too
>NEW COURSES
>LINK

OH MY FUCKING GOD HOW FUCKING AWESOME CAN FUCKING DLC BE? I AM IN FUCKING HEAVEN.

Today, I finally unlocked the Gold Glider! Now I can use my all-gold combo! I also can't wait to use Link in the Blue Falcon! For some reason when I saw White Yoshi online I thought it was Dry Bones and I was like "Wait, Dry Bones?! Hpw do I get him?!".

SRSLY SO MANY GREAT THINGS ARE HAPPENING RIGHT NOW I CAN'T EVEN GET OUT OF HYPE

>SSB4 ROSTER
>POKKEN TOURNAMENT
>THE FUCKEN BEST DLC EVER

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

MidnaFreak said:
HOW

in the world can somebody not be happy about this? That's just irrational, face it.

I'm not happy about this
well, I'm not not happy (who can say no to lovely new tracks :3 )
but I'm nowhere near as thrilled as I imagined

I'd rather let Pokemon in than let Mario RPG characters in. Actually, now that I think about it, a 4-Character Pokemon DLC pack would be awesome. Put in Pikachu and a complete starter triangle and Awesome DLC addition. Though Diddy Kong and Boo and Bowser Jr and Dixie Kong and King K Rool should have priority.

Downloaded the Mercedes DLC and preordered both packs, and I love it so far. Currently maining Black Yoshi + Silver Arrow + Slim + Cloud Glider.

Kart Player 2008 said:
I'd rather let Pokemon in than let Mario RPG characters in. Actually, now that I think about it, a 4-Character Pokemon DLC pack would be awesome. Put in Pikachu and a complete starter triangle and Awesome DLC addition. Though Diddy Kong and Boo and Bowser Jr and Dixie Kong and King K Rool should have priority.
What is it with you and starter triangles? Hey wait a minute... triangles... illuminati confirmed

I personally wouldn't like Pokémon in. They can't see over the wheel, how would they be able to drive? And Charizard would melt the car... wait this is nintendo logic

Paper Mario said:
Henry said:
Nah, just 3D Player and FTG64, which both complain about game rosters all the time.
Am I really that bad that you would lump me with 3D Player? I just want equal Mario representation, and this is putting outsiders in the game anyone from unrepresented popular Mario games get their chance. Otherwise I wouldn't mind it. I'm not glad anyone is cut though.

I'll probably buy this DLC anyway to be honest.

No you do not want equal representation. You want the characters that you are fucking obsessed with to be slathered all over the place. If you had it your way MK and every other thing with Mario in it would be absolutely fucking filled to the brim with all the characters you have a massive fucking hard on for.

Look there is nothing wrong with liking these characters but don't say you want something and lie to my face about why you want it.

I DO want equal representation. Mario RPGs are so full of colorful characters to add to the spinoffs yet they keep choosing bland recolors and now non-Mario characters over them. I also think that Wario Ware characters should get a chance but really the games that have Mario as the protagonist should have priority.

Also I don't want them "slathered all over the place." I want ONE RPG rep. ONE. Would it really kill them?

Paper Mario said:

I DO want equal representation. Mario RPGs are so full of colorful characters to add to the spinoffs yet they keep choosing bland recolors and now non-Mario characters over them. I also think that Wario Ware characters should get a chance but really the games that have Mario as the protagonist should have priority.

Also I don't want them "slathered all over the place." I want ONE RPG rep. ONE. Would it really kill them?

And yet your only ever talking about a very specific group of characters in everything that has Mario in it.

Mcmadness said:
Paper Mario said:

And yet your only ever talking about a very specific group of characters in everything that has Mario in it.
I like to focus on one thing at a time, makes sense that I would focus on my favorite part of the series.

Back