Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Baby Luigi said:
x5YoBRM.png

Looks like Baby Luigi will be great in battle mode, and I always preferred acceleration over top speed anyway so...
Donkey Kong, Roy, Waluigi and Rosalina (not sure if that group has a name yet) look like the best for me.
The metal characters look terrible...

Guess I'll be Ludwig.

Knowing my sister, she'll probably be one of the babies.

Because babies.

Baby Luigi said:
x5YoBRM.png

Looks like Baby Luigi will be great in battle mode, and I always preferred acceleration over top speed anyway so...

That's fair bonus stats. There is no broken character.

I do wonder if it'll be possible to make a combo that offers a perfect single stat. I'm pretty sure that there are still some parts that we have no clue on their stat boosts and drops.

I was more treating the weight classes as follows...

Feather
Super Light
Light
Medium
Cruiser
Heavy
Super Heavy

Welp, looks like either Luigi or Ludwig for me. I might also play as Baby Rosalina occasionally, too.

I don't know if anyone found the official stat modifications for the Hot Monster, Azure Roller, Crimson Slim, and Cyber Slick wheels, but part of me feels like they could be the more extreme versions of their counterparts.

PeteyPiranhaPerson said:
Welp, looks like either Luigi or Ludwig for me. I might also play as Baby Rosalina occasionally, too.
I'll play as the babies, their adult counterparts, Lakitu, Metal Mario and Iggy. Then I'll use Pink Gold Peach by the time she's unlocked (but I'll play as her once and that's it, like what I did to Honey Queen in MK7).

MnSG said:
I don't know if anyone found the official stat modifications for the Hot Monster, Azure Roller, Crimson Slim, and Cyber Slick wheels, but part of me feels like they could be the more extreme versions of their counterparts.

Or just reskins, but it doesn't seem like Mario Kart would do that.

Dry Troopa said:
in PAL Regions, Music Park is called Melody Motorway and Piranha Plant Slide is called Piranha Plant Pipeway.
Already knew that, but thanks.

Why do PAL and NA need different names, anyway?

It just makes things confusing.

PeteyPiranhaPerson said:
MnSG said:

Or just reskins, but it doesn't seem like Mario Kart would do that.

I guess I only brought it up, seeing as certain combos could result in a 23/24 rating for a single stat. You'd have to consider the possibility that a perfect 24/24 could occur, along with an abysmal 3/24 for the parts that we know nothing about.

Magikrazy said:
Dry Troopa said:
in PAL Regions, Music Park is called Melody Motorway and Piranha Plant Slide is called Piranha Plant Pipeway.
Already knew that, but thanks.

Why do PAL and NA need different names, anyway?

It just makes things confusing.
Could someone update the MK8 page in Mario Wiki?

Also, new footage about MKTV.

MnSG said:
Baby Luigi said:
http://i.imgur.com/x5YoBRM.png [/img]

I was more treating the weight classes as follows...

Feather
Super Light
Light
Medium
Cruiser
Heavy
Super Heavy
In the wiki, (http://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Kart_8#Driver_base_stats), the weight names doesn't look official to me. I have a suggestion for this wiki page.

Characters are classified into size classes, Small, Medium, Large (<--body frames). Each size class are divided into weight classes.
Small body frame- Feather, Super Light
Medium body frame- Light, Medium, Heavy
Large body frame- Cruiser, Super Heavy

EDIT: Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach have Medium-size karts.

Baby_Luigi_Stamp_MK8.png

Yaaaayyyy♥♥♥♥♥♥

Kind of obvious that all the characters will have stamps.

Oh yeah, the chart up above disproves character-specific bonuses, just lots of weight classes, which is much more balanced anyway.

The vehicle parts, however, are not entirely balanced with their stat distribution, as some of them do not have their stat totals set at 0.

It sucks knowing that only the authorized users have the luxury of making those Miiverse posts.

I wish more of Miiverse was like that community.

Back