Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

The only way I would accept Baby Rosalina to be created is if she debuted in Yoshi's Island with some backstory. I don't know, add her to the group of Star Children somehow or something like that. I don't want her to be created like Baby Daisy, who was created just because.

Anser said:
I don't want her to be created like Baby Daisy, who was created just because.
You have a point.

But I think Baby Mario was created just because he's there and so Yoshi won't be alone while Baby Luigi just became a ---ig ASFING plot devcice

Okay. Real talk now. Let's talk about the roster.

At E3 2013, we got our first trailer. It showed off 12 characters.

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Koopa
Toad
Toadette
Wario
Waluigi
Bowser
Donkey Kong

None of these are surprises. After all, this was just an announcement trailer.

Next trailer came out in the latest Nintendo Dircet. We got five more characters.

Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Baby Peach
Baby Daisy
Rosalina

Again, no real surprises. Maybe Baby Daisy, but i had a feeling she would be back. This puts us at 17 characters. All of which were in Mario Kart Wii. It's safe to assume all MKW characters will return. That implies:

Birdo
Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr.
Dry Bones
King Boo
Funky Kong
Dry Bowser
Mii

This puts us at 24 characters (minus Mii). I have a feeling Paratroopa and Petey Piranha will be back. They're the only ones from Double Dash who didn't return for MKW. Now, what about MK7's characters? I expect Shy Guy and Wiggler to return.

Now, what about newcomers? Hammer Bro. and Magikoopa seem like possibilities. This puts us at 30 characters. That's a nice round number, but that implies only two newcomers. If Nintendo wants to keep the amount of characters in the three weight classes equal, they could beef up the roster to 33 or 36. So, what are potential newcomers? Some possibilities include Toadsworth, Dixie Kong, and Pianta. There's also the constant fear of Baby Rosalina.

Honey Queen is totally returning, and I think Metal Mario is too. For all we know, with all the recent spotlight Rosalina is getting, you could expect something bullshitty like Baby Rosalina or even the Cosmic Spirit to appear. Lubba would be a very likely newcomer, and E. Gadd too.

At least there's no "baby" Yoshi with the exception of the ones in nsmbu/smw. that makes me happy and just imagine if they were to include baby dk :toad:

Me? I don't want to discuss about characters anymore. he got in. :>

You can add all you want, including different variations of Honey Queen and Metal Mario but I'll still REALLY love this game. Speaking of Honey Queen, I don't see why she WON'T return. She's awesome.

Anser said:
Honey Queen is totally returning, and I think Metal Mario is too. For all we know, with all the recent spotlight Rosalina is getting, you could expect something bull*bleep*ty like Baby Rosalina or even the Cosmic Spirit to appear. Lubba would be a very likely newcomer, and E. Gadd too.

If Metal Mario returns, that means we get a Mario in all weight classes. :)

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
Anser said:
Honey Queen is totally returning, and I think Metal Mario is too. For all we know, with all the recent spotlight Rosalina is getting, you could expect something bull*bleep*ty like Baby Rosalina or even the Cosmic Spirit to appear. Lubba would be a very likely newcomer, and E. Gadd too.

I kind of want Metal Mario to return just so that can happen.

The Nutcrackin355 said:
Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
Anser said:

I will flip shit if that god damn bee returns

FawfulTheSnowman said:
Nothing wrong with babies, but the reason I dislike too many of them is they are just younger versions of existing characters. I think making a Baby Rosalina would ruin Rosalina for many fans. I'm the same way.
Ok so let me see if I follow you
Nintendo makes Fawful
you like fawful because of his personality and humor I assume
Nintendo puts Fawful in Mario Kart 8 so you=happy
Nintendo then puts Baby Fawful into the same game
Therefore you no longer like Fawful
profit?

The Nutcrackin355 said:

I also want to drink the tears of the Metal Mario haters

im not caring much for the roster, what i want is some better tracks.

I havent played much of ds and havent played 7 at all, but wii felt really lacking in good tracks to be frank with you.

Also vehicle customization is always a welcome feature.

Kleptoad said:
FawfulTheSnowman said:
Nothing wrong with babies, but the reason I dislike too many of them is they are just younger versions of existing characters. I think making a Baby Rosalina would ruin Rosalina for many fans. I'm the same way.
Nintendo makes Fawful
profit?
No, I'll still like Fawful (and depending on how the baby is introduced and designed, I may like him too) but I think there's no need for two of the same character in Mario Kart. Yoshi's Island maybe. Mario, Luigi, and maybe Peach are understandable, but Daisy, Rosalina, Wario, and even Fawful would seem like overboard.

FawfulTheSnowman said:
Kleptoad said:
FawfulTheSnowman said:
Nintendo makes Fawful
profit?
No, I'll still like Fawful (and depending on how the baby is introduced and designed, I may like him too) but I think there's no need for two of the same character in Mario Kart. Yoshi's Island maybe. Mario, Luigi, and maybe Peach are understandable, but Daisy, Rosalina, Wario, and even Fawful would seem like overboard.
So basically you were lying when you said that baby fawful would ruin fawful which is good because otherwise you'd be really really stupid

Has anyone ever stopped to think that the baby counterparts shouldn't affect their opinions on the adult counterparts? I would still like Rosalina's adult state, even if her baby counterpart turns out to be lackluster.

MnSG said:
Has anyone ever stopped to think that the baby counterparts shouldn't affect their opinions on the adult counterparts? I would still like Rosalina's adult state, even if her baby counterpart turns out to be lackluster.

I think Luigi is very lackluster compared to Baby Luigi

I think Baby Donkey Kong is lackluster compared to Donkey Kong.

I think Baby Wario would give us more options to kill rather than just Waluigi, Donkey Kong, and Wario.

Honey Queen and Toad are the only ones I target. (And a third character which depends on who is screwing me over/being annoying)

Back