Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

My hopes for retros are Ribbon Road, Airship Fortress, Cheese Land and Wario Stadium (to finish off the N64 tracks).

I'd rather have four N64 tracks in this game and no more, and we only need one GBA course as DLC.

I would like to see Ribbon Road (for Super Circuit), Waluigi Pinball (for DS), and IDK (for 7). It would be nice to see each game get one DLC track (except 64 due to overflow in main game). The rest can be new tracks.

I'm hoping for 5 retro tracks in the next one, being Figure-8 Circuit (it would be a waste not to use it in this game), Waluigi Pinball, Dry Dry Ruins, Ribbon Road, and Rock Rock Mountain.

Yeah I know that that would make 5 DS retro tracks but I CAN DREAM :'(

well aren't there like 5 n64 retro tracks? having 5 ds ones isn't really that off

what I would like to see represented more ((besides the bowser's castles)) is super circuit

give us cheese land and ribbon road

Stargazing said:
well aren't there like 5 n64 retro tracks? having 5 ds ones isn't really that off

what I would like to see represented more ((besides the bowser's castles)) is super circuit

give us cheese land and ribbon road
I'd rather save one for the next game. Having both would be too exciting, and thus make us have less to look forward to in the next game in relation to Super Circuit retro tracks.

And there's still one more Bowser's Castle from Super Circuit.

*gulp*

Any more N64 retro tracks can screw themselves

I want more Super Circuit tracks that aren't bowser castles, rainbow road, or circuits or aren't reused already.

There should be a Bowser cup, made entirely of Bowser's castle tracks.

Why? I dunno.

I'm personally opposed to this idea as much as I'm opposed to the Rainbow Cup idea.

Fair nuff.

How about a Bowser themed cup that isn't all castle tracks?

Well if Bowser isn't all about lava and stuff I'd be fine.

Like he can deal with futuristic cities like Neo Bowser and....something else that doesn't involve volcanoes or lava.

I'm thinking, one castle stage, something based off Bowserland from 3D World, something based off a Bowser board from Mario party, and Bowser jr's toyhouse of doom.

Bowser's Galaxy Reactor would be nice. I said my ideas for it somewhere here... Ah there it is

Rayquaza said:
Bowser's Galaxy Reactor
This race will be made into sections. All transitions will be made with a Glider Jump. Anti-Gravity would be perfect on this kind of stage, and with Mario Party 8 and 9 giving Bowser a space themed level, I'm surprised they haven't done something like this before.

Racers start at the Comet Observatory, making a couple turns before blasting out via Launch Star. This would have a cannon like effect. Players would land on a "broken castle" like effect. Perhaps the Spotlights could be like the boost pads in Cloutdtop Cruise, where you can only go through them when they're not going to damage you. After this you would go off a Glider jump, moving into the lava section. This would be like something you'd expect in a Bowser Castle stage with lava, fire bars, etc. Enter Section 2.

Section 2 moves on to the Ice Planet. With Ice blocks and maybe put Freezies there as obstacles. If a player accidentally falls off, there would be drive-able water that people could use for an easier but slower route. Then you'd head over to the quicksand planet, filled with pokeys and occasional quicksand pits. After all this players head into the Space Junk area. There would exist the fancy platforms, and this is a fairly simple area except for a couple fire bars. Moving on to Section 3.

Section 3 leads into the tower planet. Racers are driving head-on and must avoid bullet bills that are being shot at them like Airship Fortress. Then the players race on The Pathway that would normally lead to Bowser's battle. But instead of the battle, at the end of the pathway players drive into a track off a longer Glider section that's in the Black Hole. They must be careful to avoid the asteroids and debris that is floating around. There is Boost rings and a ground just in case. Like the asteroid section in MK7's Rainbow Road Section 3. A couple more turns and boost pads after this, and players jump out of the black hole onto Peach's Castle grounds, the Finish line right there.

Lumastar said:
I'd rather save one for the next game. Having both would be too exciting, and thus make us have less to look forward to in the next game in relation to Super Circuit retro tracks.
screw that, super circuit keeps getting shafted

we need both

A galaxy course would be a very nice addition.

Nysic said:
is it just me that wouldn't be surprised if they skipped gba rainbow road in mk9
with how they've been shafting super circuit I honestly wouldn't be either

Stargazing said:
Nysic said:
is it just me that wouldn't be surprised if they skipped gba rainbow road in mk9
with how they've been shafting super circuit I honestly wouldn't be either
mk9 getting yet another n64 rr

i guess thats a bit of an exaggeration for how they pick retro tracks more like we get n64 wario stadium instead of a rr in mk9

or the one sc track is the last bowser castle

Mario Kart 8 is getting an OST

unfortunately, it seems to be Club Nintendo of Japan exclusive

Baby Luigi said:
Mario Kart 8 is getting an OST

unfortunately, it seems to be Club Nintendo of Japan exclusive
I know about this about 2 weeks ago when Club Nintendo Japan shows off new rewards (3DS themes, Majora's Mask poster, etc).

Yeah but this is what it looks like

Soundtrack_JP_-_Mario_Kart_8.jpg

lol Rosalina featured in disc 2. they're really pushing her

I have been so addicted to Mario Kart 8 since I bought it on Sunday. But I just hate how I have no money (I do but it's for Splatoon) for the DLC tracks. I've still got to unlock a few more characters but I've mostly done Online.

I love online races, it's a challenge and I've already made it to around 1400 VR points. I have a question though, if I have a friend who owns the DLC and I verse him, will he be able to choose a DLC course if I am racing against him?

YoshiGo99 said:
I have been so addicted to Mario Kart 8 since I bought it on Sunday. But I just hate how I have no money (I do but it's for Splatoon) for the DLC tracks. I've still got to unlock a few more characters but I've mostly done Online.

I love online races, it's a challenge and I've already made it to around 1400 VR points. I have a question though, if I have a friend who owns the DLC and I verse him, will he be able to choose a DLC course if I am racing against him?

If your friend is racing in a group that's using the DLC tracks, you can't join that group, unless you have access to the DLC tracks too.

Back