Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

I swear this kind of discussion pops up at least twice a year.

When does the second DLC pack come out? I want to play as Dry Bowser.

Maki Nishikino said:
I swear this kind of discussion pops up at least twice a year.

When does the second DLC pack come out? I want to play as Dry Bowser.
May, no specific date yet.

Dinomic Duo said:
I wonder if there will be GBA Rainbow Road... my favorite Rainbow Road

we don't need a five millionth rainbow road

Baby Luigi said:
Dinomic Duo said:
I wonder if there will be GBA Rainbow Road... my favorite Rainbow Road

we don't need a five millionth rainbow road
Is there any problem with 4 Rainbow Roads? Other than just being extremely hard to race on

Personally, Rainbow Road is one of my favorite tracks in every Mario Kart, so I'd like to see them return, but then we have more of this:
images

I really don't see why we can't have more Rainbow Road, other than people complaining about too many of a hard track.

Dinomic Duo said:
Is there any problem with 4 Rainbow Roads? Other than just being extremely hard to race on

Personally, Rainbow Road is one of my favorite tracks in every Mario Kart, so I'd like to see them return, but then we have more of this:
images

I really don't see why we can't have more Rainbow Road, other than people complaining about too many of a hard track.

First I didn't imply that any Rainbow Road was tough to race on

Second, 4 Rainbow Roads are little variety. Rainbow Road is not a diverse track to begin with and I always feel Rainbow Road to never be on my top 5 list of best tracks in Mario Kart games because of how bland I typically think they are. They always have like this same-ish spacey mystical bgm every single time I race on any of them and every single time a new one comes for a new mario kart and I frankly have enough of that theme it uses. We already have 2 Rainbow Roads, then this third one in the DLC which frankly no one asked for. 3 is enough. I would rather see another GBA track like Cheese Land before we get another course based off light refraction again.

Baby Luigi said:
Dinomic Duo said:

images

First I didn't imply that any Rainbow Road was tough to race on

Second, 4 Rainbow Roads are little variety. Rainbow Road is not a diverse track to begin with and I always feel Rainbow Road to never be on my top 5 list of best tracks in Mario Kart games because of how bland I typically think they are. They always have like this same-ish spacey mystical bgm every single time I race on any of them and every single time a new one comes for a new mario kart and I frankly have enough of that theme it uses. We already have 2 Rainbow Roads, then this third one in the DLC which frankly no one asked for. 3 is enough. I would rather see another GBA track like Cheese Land before we get another course based off light refraction again.

I'd like to see Ribbon Road because it seems interesting

more interesting than another rainbow road

hell, nintendo has a knack of using only the generic mario kart themes from super circuit (circuits, and bowser castles). it's sickening to see them resort to a rainbow road instead of awesome courses like Sunset Wilds, Ribbon Road, Lakeside Park, Yoshi Desert, etc.

Baby Luigi said:
more interesting than another rainbow road

hell, nintendo has a knack of using only the generic mario kart themes from super circuit (circuits, and bowser castles). it's sickening to see them resort to a rainbow road instead of awesome courses like Sunset Wilds, Ribbon Road, Lakeside Park, Yoshi Desert, etc.
You just listed four of my least favorite tracks in that game, my least favorite being cheese land. I like the Circuits and Bowser Castles used for Super Circuit, and I'm sad that Bowser Castle 4 never appeared in MK8. I vote that for DLC.

I also didn't really like Ribbon Road.

considering how you said super circuit is the best game ever, anything video game other than mario sucks, and that you've stated yoshi is your favorite character i really can't take your opinions seriously anymore

Baby Luigi said:
considering how you said super circuit is the best game ever, anything video game other than mario sucks, and that you've stated yoshi is your favorite character i really can't take your opinions seriously anymore
Yoshi's not my favorite. It's always been Mario. Yoshi is just fucking adorable.

Also, a video game series or two other than Mario that don't suck? Zelda and Pikmin (oh, and Kirby too, I guess) I haven't really played the other ones and just assume they suck from a distance. Maybe I should've mentioned that...

Dinomic Duo said:
I haven't really played the other ones and just assume they suck from a distance.

everything wrong with your opinions summed up

I'm taking the benefit of the doubt that it's a great track, but for the latter reason I never played that track.

However I must admit my most-wanted Super Circuit track is Rainbow Road... I bet you can guess why. :bowser:

Dinomic Duo said:
I haven't really played the other ones and just assume they suck from a distance.
no no, you have to try the games before you believe they suck

also ribbon road for dlc pack 2 or bust

EDIT: also maybe cheese land
idek

Wittgenstein said:
I'm taking the benefit of the doubt that it's a great track, but for the latter reason I never played that track.

However I must admit my most-wanted Super Circuit track is Rainbow Road... I bet you can guess why. :bowser:
Gee... is it the Paper Mario castle in the background?

There's the possibility that if they do remake Super Circuit's Rainbow Road, that they'll completely forget about the Paper Mario castle in the background though :P

Wouldn't put it pass them to do that. If they remove a pretty well known easter egg such as driving around the front of Peach's Castle that's similar to Super Mario 64 in Royal Raceway in Mario Kart 64. Then a random background cameo referencing another game isn't expendable from not being placed in.

Wittgenstein said:
If they do that then they'll officially hate the Mario RPGs in my book.

With how you carry on I almost want them to.

Wittgenstein said:
If they do that then they'll officially hate the Mario RPGs in my book.
Key word is in bold

Also, if they take it away, it would be like taking away the castle on GBA Peach Circuit or the Luigi balloon on Luigi Raceway or the pirate ships on Shy Guy Beach, none of which happened.

Back