Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Petey Piranha said:
Cool infographic.

I don't ever think i've been this excited for a game.

Meh, I think I've been excited for this as much as Wii, Double Dash, and 7

So in other words, VERY VERY EXCITED

Baby Luigi said:
Petey Piranha said:
Cool infographic.

I haven't been this excited since Paper Mario: Sticker Star!

...oh wait.

President Madagascar said:
Baby Luigi said:
Petey Piranha said:
Cool infographic.

I haven't been this excited since Paper Mario: Sticker Star!

...oh wait.
let's hope you don't get horribly let let down this time round, sticker star was so mediocre

I have to say that this is the best looking game I've seen on the Wii U so far (even better than Smash 4), I would never think a Mario Kart game would look this nice.

Baby Luigi said:

I got super excited for Wii, and same for 7. But i'm even more excited for this one. It looks so beautiful.

if someone posted this please excuse me

but look at this

wow, just... the new version has such improved graphics.

Love the eyecandy. Mario Kart Wii was bland, so I'm glad they changed the timeframe of the day to something else more fitting.

man the visuals in mk8 is pretty astounding compared to mkwii.

Which to me mkwii didnt seem like much of an graphic improvement over mkdd so yeah.

Nice to see they're ramping it up with even the visuals, very nice.

Zae Eildus said:
Which to me mkwii didnt seem like much of an graphic improvement over mkdd so yeah.
It really wasn't. Same glazed models, you know.

Zae Eildus said:
Nice to see they're ramping it up with even the visuals, very nice.
Some of the music is very nice as well, nice touch.

I hope the last retro track is Wario Colosseum or maybe Cheese Land.

If it's ****ing GBA Bowser Castle 4 i'll scream.

Since I've only just joined, I got a Mario Kart 8/3D World username. ;D
So I'm sure it's easy to tell, but I really want to try the potted piranha plant MK item.

... I take it that Goomba means rank 1 here? :goomba:

You can edit your posts instead of double posting. Do that next time. The Potted Piranha Plant looks good, it even has wheels on it which is kind of neat.

Also, here's stuff about ranks http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=1516.0

Petey Piranha said:
I really hope Petey makes it in this game, but I've always doubted it.

What if he makes it in as a stage hazard or a kart ala Piranha Prowler?

Honestly, the best to do right now is to move off this subject. This is about Mario Kart 8, remember?

So my guess for the unconfirmed Nitro courses:

Star Cup ~
Sunshine Airport
Dolphin Shoals
[TBA]
Electrodome

Special Cup ~
Cloudtop Cruise
Bone Dry Dunes
Bowser Castle
Rainbow Road

chillv said:
Zae Eildus said:
im starting to wonder if you're just an attention whore

because thats all you're doing now

No, I am not. I added something on topic because I don't have time for this. I want to just talk about Mario Kart 8. Forget Smash.

Like I said before, this game seems to be a lot more fast paced with a lot more going on and the track design is amazing along with the graphics.

glad you ended that pitiful charade.

But yes, so far mk8 is amped up quite a bit compared to wii and im sure mk7.

Although im still not sure how good it will be though, racing games are kinda.... here and there.

Zae Eildus said:

Although im still not sure how good it will be though, racing games are kinda.... here and there.

Yeah, not a big fan of most of the genre (exceptions being Mario Kart and Burnout 3- goodness gracious, that game is good). I'm really looking forward to 8, though, it looks like its going to be a great multiplayer experience. Especially looking forward to the item customization.

Zae Eildus said:
chillv said:
this game seems to be a lot more fast paced with a lot more going on and the track design is amazing along with the graphics.
yes, so far mk8 is amped up quite a bit compared to wii and im sure mk7.

It's going to awsome at least for me. If I'm lucky, its gonna be a day one purchase!

Racing games are the best, especially Mario Kart. I even like Mario Kart clones. *Looks at DDI's clone* Well... at least a good selection of them.

Uncomfired characters

Daisy
Baby Daisy
Baby Peach
Bowser Jr.
Honey Queen
Mii (even though he probably will be present)
Birdo
Funky Kong
Diddy Kong (I think)

chillv said:
Uncomfired characters

Daisy
Baby Daisy
Baby Peach
Bowser Jr.
Honey Queen
Mii (even though he probably will be present)
Birdo
Funky Kong
Diddy Kong (I think)

As Magikrazy stated, Baby Peach and Baby Daisy are confirmed, as well as Daisy. The rest aren't yet

Amphituber said:
Zae Eildus said:

Yeah, not a big fan of most of the genre (exceptions being Mario Kart and Burnout 3- goodness gracious, that game is good). I'm really looking forward to 8, though, it looks like its going to be a great multiplayer experience. Especially looking forward to the item customization.
The way I see it; I like Racing Games, but not Racing Simulators. Some games balance on the line in between but I usually gravitate to the ones that are far away from that line. Mario Kart is in no way simulating a real life experience so I will likely enjoy it a lot.
chillv said:
I am a person who stands out. I am chillv! I AM ME!
Mfz1JeHrl3LjOHQ9GaabmQdsHa82fV3W5Zb5wj1gkCO43Qpt4pausWf5BHssfOLQ.jpg

I just wanted to post that image, from a really long time ago and I'm not letting this chance slip by. Don't misinterpret this as starting something, because I will just ignore you.

Crackin355 said:
The way I see it; I like Racing Games, but not Racing Simulators. Some games balance on the line in between but I usually gravitate to the ones that are far away from that line. Mario Kart is in no way simulating a real life experience so I will likely enjoy it a lot.
chillv said:
I am a person who stands out. I am chillv! I AM ME!
Mfz1JeHrl3LjOHQ9GaabmQdsHa82fV3W5Zb5wj1gkCO43Qpt4pausWf5BHssfOLQ.jpg

I just wanted to post that image, from a really long time ago and I'm not letting this chance slip by. Don't misinterpret this as starting something, because I will just ignore you.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. Burnout 3 is super unrealistic as well, and I don't care for, say, FIFA or Madden, so I totally understand what you are saying there.

Crackin355 said:

Crackin355 said:

Don't worry, I took no offense to that. It takes stuff other than to get to my bad side.

name calling, certain sarcastic remarks, confrontation

I wonder, are there NASCAR© racing games? If so, that's pointless. Why would you make a racing game where you are racing in a circle? I'm not saying it is a pointless idea, but it should be a budget title or downloadable for a reasonable price if it exists. Not a full priced retail game.

Back