Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Michael Myers said:
Oh my fucking god he's back.
GGFEGYi.png

Does he have his top-percentage Rattata with him?

I am so excited!

I had a dream about it last night...of course. It had something to do with a new character with a metal can on his head (Like Ned Kelly? He was some famous outlaw in Australia like a century ago) And you could customise music....somehow.

I know I said I didn't care about trainer customisation when it came out, but I am so EXCITED to customise my trainer now.

I don't really want Gen III remakes so much. I think I'm just sick of remakes. I guess it COULD happen, I'm just not that excited about it.

Guys, it's not confirming ANYTHING. There are so many callbacks to previous generations, it normally doesn't mean anything.

Actually, now that I think about it, the reason they remade Gen I is because it was a broken-ass game. Gen II remakes also added stuff like abilities, and all the improvements with the gameplay added in Gen 3 and 4. What would a Gen 3 remake add besides the Physical/Special split? The Fairy type? It doesn't feel like it needs to happen.

I think the problem is the gameplay is pretty solid now. We don't need an update.

But this is just my opinion, though.

I dunno. I just...don't really want any more remakes. They just seem so cheap. And now it's almost become a tradition. I mean, come on! How many other game series regularly remake their games every 10 years or so?

I can get my Pokemon fix elsewhere. Maybe, instead of remaking the same games, they could...I dunno. Maybe make a sequel instead of a straight-out third version, like Gen 5? And I don't care if we have to wait a bit longer for a main Pokemon game, as long as its new and original.

Or maybe they can make a spinoff that's actually better than mediocre (I love Mystery Dungeon, but the story was the main thing I played it for. The gameplay was pretty boring)

Purple Yoshi said:
I dunno. I just...don't really want any more remakes. They just seem so cheap. And now it's almost become a tradition. I mean, come on! How many other game series regularly remake their games every 10 years or so?

I can get my Pokemon fix elsewhere. Maybe, instead of remaking the same games, they could...I dunno. Maybe make a sequel instead of a straight-out third version, like Gen 5? And I don't care if we have to wait a bit longer for a main Pokemon game, as long as its new and original.

Or maybe they can make a spinoff that's actually better than mediocre (I love Mystery Dungeon, but the story was the main thing I played it for. The gameplay was pretty boring)

Yeah, the gameplay sucked, but the engrossing plot and world were great. As far as remakes go, I personally would love a Hoenn remake, although a sequel does sound better.

Old Pokemon gaining fairy type (from Smogon)
Clefairy (Normal?/Fairy) (it's unclear whether it keeps its Normal typing)
Clefable (Normal?/Fairy) (it's unclear whether it keeps its Normal typing)
Jigglypuff (Normal/Fairy)
Wigglytuff (Normal/Fairy) (Unconfirmed but extremely likely)
Mr. Mime (Psychic/Fairy)
Togepi (Fairy)
Togetic (Fairy/Flying) (Unconfirmed but extremely likely)
Togekiss (Fairy/Flying) (Unconfirmed but extremely likely)
Snubull (Fairy)
Granbull (Fairy)
Azurill (Normal/Fairy)
Marill (Water/Fairy)
Azumarril (Water/Fairy) (Unconfirmed but extremely likely)
Mawile (Steel/Fairy)
Ralt (Psychic/Fairy)
Kirlia (Psychic/Fairy)
Gardevoir (Psychic/Fairy)

Why wouldn't they keep that? It was in BW2.

Yeah, sure, they didn't keep the Day/Night cycle from GSC to RSE, but that was because of technical limitations, as well.

Purple Yoshi said:

I'm not sure how you can really critique Pokemon for this..are you aware what site you're on? Mario has been riding by on remakes and retries for a while now. Also, there's the fact that older games have a battery or something that dies out after like 10 years, making most older games impossible to either play or save properly. Sure, it's become a tradition now probably because you can't just remake a few generations and leave out the rest, but initially it served a physical purpose.

Politoed said:
Also, there's the fact that older games have a battery or something that dies out after like 10 years, making most older games impossible to either play or save properly.

So...is it that message that popped up the last time I started up Pokemon Ruby saying something about the batteries running dry?

Baby Luigi said:
So...is it that message that popped up the last time I started up Pokemon Ruby saying something about the batteries running dry?

probably not. older games used volatile memory, which means the saves required a constant flow of electricity to persist. that electricity was provided by a battery inside the cartridge, and when the battery ran out the game would lose its old saves and not be able to make any new ones. that's what he's talking about. pokemon ruby uses non-volatile flash memory, so all that should happen when the battery dies is that time based functions will stop working

Back