Games you regret losing/selling/trading in

Hobbes

Tucayo
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Henry Tucayo Clay
When I was around 10 I traded Yoshi's Story for some Mickey racing game just because I couldn't get past some level. The Yoshis still haunt me at night.

I repeatedly threw my Drawn to Life: Spongebob Edition at multiple walls all because I was angry I lost at the game. Obviously it broke once it hit the office walls. Once the thing hit the wall, and snapped into the front cover, the insides, and the back cover, I immediately saw what I had done, almost broke down as I picked up the pieces. I never told my parents, and I learned to control my anger.

Later, the game took out it's vengeance on me, after I tried putting it back together and trying it in my DSi. After I couldn't get the back out, I tried yanking it out. The back broke, causing the game slot to become stuck, making it so that I couldn't play any DS games on it. Once again, I lied to my parents, saying that a normal game got stuck in the slot, and that the game itself is fine. They got me another DSi which was under a warrantee. FML.

Wii U said:
Selling Kirby Squeak Squad for 3DS by accident

How can you sell things by accident?

Anyway, I regret losing my Super Mario 64 DS and Pokemon Diamond. And this is more of a guilty pleasure to me, but I absolutely miss those Magic School Bus edutainment games I played as a kid :-\

I once lost my copy of Mario&Luigi: Superstar Saga, Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team. I so very, very much regret missing them. I had even beaten Purity Forest, the most challenging dungeon in the game, on that Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team copy. God damn, those games. I wish I still had them around. But I don't have them around anymore, and that saddens me.

Sombrero Guy said:
Wii U said:
Selling Kirby Squeak Squad for 3DS by accident
Kirby Squeak Squad isn't a 3DS game

FireRed Version

I lost it

I HAD SO MANY GOOD POKÉMON

no he means he sold kirby squeak squad FOR a 3ds

so he sold it in order to get a 3ds

Traded in Extreme G 3. :'( :'( :-[

Chiaki Nanami said:
I once lost my copy of Mario&Luigi: Superstar Saga
An old friend of mine lost my copy of that. I eventually found it pre-owned later on in the local games retailer, so I've corrected that little error.

I gave my copy of Sly Cooper to my brother-in-law so he could trade it in alongside his PS2 to buy an XBox 360 quite a few years back. Been meaning to get my hands on the HD re-release for a while.

I regret selling Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, and apparently this game will never be available on virtual console for non ambassadors. :'(

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time for the N64.

for just not finding the korkiri sword.

*facepalm*

Now this doesn't really count but i seriously regret accidentally losing my data on FireRed, saved over it by accident, i was in the town with the big tower, after the really big dark cave, i have never gotten to that point sense then.

Now i don't care too much anymore, but i still regret losing my Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi game, all i remember was that i goddamn loved that game.

I also accidentally dropped my Pokewalker while getting into a car, and it was run over, i regret that to, even though that probably doesn't really count either.

I think that is it.

Sonia Nevermind said:
Now this doesn't really count but i seriously regret accidentally losing my data on FireRed, saved over it by accident, i was in the town with the big tower, after the really big dark cave, i have never gotten to that point sense then.

Now i don't care too much anymore, but i still regret losing my Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi game, all i remember was that i goddamn loved that game.

I also accidentally dropped my Pokewalker while getting into a car, and it was run over, i regret that to, even though that probably doesn't really count either.

I think that is it.
The place you after the "cave" is lavender town.

My gameboy advance, I always got mad and threw it on the ground because of Super Mario Bros. Advance (SMB2) and Mario Party Advance! One day the hinge part broke but it still worked. A year later the wired in the hinges broke and the screen was always black. I really wanna play Yoshi's island and super mario world and superstar saga again! I have SMB2 and SMB3 cuz of the All-Stars Limited Edition game and I am good at them. :P

FireUmbreon said:
Sonia Nevermind said:

I think that is it.
The place you after the "cave" is lavender town.

Thats it, thank you. I couldn't remember it.

Hmm.... lets see if I can remember:

Kingdom of Amalur
Tales of Symphonia
Custom Robo
Final Fantasy 12
Tales of the Abyss
Devil May cry 3
Super Mario Sunshine
Paper mario 1 & 2
Ateiler Iris 2
Ar Tonelico
Pokemon XD
Turok 1,2, and 3.
Extreme- G 1,2 and 3.
Final Fantasy tactics
Final Fantasy 4 DS
Tales of Innocence
Tales of Destiny

All I can think of really. All these are due to console or game damage, and sometimes trading in.

My parents sold our 64 in 2002, and they sold OoT with it. I mean, my grandpa had one, but never OoT (until it came on the Virtual Console, and all the remakes of it for like every system.)

In 2004, I traded in Luigi's Mansion since it wasn't working anymore, because the disc got scratched up. Oh, if I ever had that game again, I would play it in a heartbeat.

I tried this Gamer's club in 7th grade to see what it was like. They managed to steal Mario vs. Donkey 2, Kirby Canvas Curse, and worse of all, Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time. I never returned, and now, over 5 years later, I yearn to play PiT, having Baby Mario as a playable character that not a spin-off. Oh...it really makes me sad when I think about it. :'(

Enchanted on DS is the one I missed the most, because I sold it because those slime monster things in New York were scaring me.

Also my dog chewed up my Zoo Tycoon, Brain Age, and Diddy Kong Racing games. :(

Zae said:
Hmm.... lets see if I can remember:

Pokemon XD

All I can think of really. All these are due to console or game damage, and sometimes trading in.

oh god man I lost that game too thanks to my dipshit 18 year old uncle.

Xerneas said:
My parents sold our 64 in 2002, and they sold OoT with it. I mean, my grandpa had one, but never OoT (until it came on the Virtual Console, and all the remakes of it for like every system.)

In 2004, I traded in Luigi's Mansion since it wasn't working anymore, because the disc got scratched up. Oh, if I ever had that game again, I would play it in a heartbeat.

I tried this Gamer's club in 7th grade to see what it was like. They managed to steal Mario vs. Donkey 2, Kirby Canvas Curse, and worse of all, Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time. I never returned, and now, over 5 years later, I yearn to play PiT, having Baby Mario as a playable character that not a spin-off. Oh...it really makes me sad when I think about it. :'(
Why did they steel them.

Back