Am I the only one who misses Mario Golf?

Anser said:
Baby Luigi said:
Mario
Green Mario (like Lefty)
Brown Mario
Wario Mario
Flight Mario

I like the idea of having Flight Mario's colors, but not the whole costume with the helmet and stuff. That would be the costume I'd use if I played as him. As for Wario Mario, I'm not so sure. I mean, there are Wario and Baby Wario with those colors already. I would give him the Green + Orange costume he had in Super Smash Bros.

I'll add Lubba's:

-Purple body, blue pants (Standard)
-Yellow body, orange pants
-Blue body, white pants
-Red body, black pants
-Green body, purple pants (He may end up looking like freaking Barney, though X') )

What do you think if we add the option of unlocking a sixth costume change for everyone?

Cool

But you know what I meant by Flight Mario? Not Propeller Mario. Flight Mario with the black hat, black overalls, and red shirt

*Black hat

I tend to do stuff like this. I'm sorry, this was unintentional

Baby Luigi said:
But you know what I meant by Flight Mario? Not Propeller Mario. Flight Mario with the black hat, black overalls, and red shirt

Ohhh, sorry, I didn't know the one with the helmet was called Propeller Mario. Yeah, that Flying outfit would be awesome! I would make that outfit the unlockable one, and leave the Blue + Red one as the fifth costume.

Anyone would like to contribute with more outfit options?

I loved the Game Boy version of Mario Golf. It was so much fun.

Toadstool Tour was okay, but I kind of struggled with it.

Chilly said:
What about pink body and green pants Lubba? :posh:

It's basically the one I proposed but the colors being swapped. It would be cool as well, though! How about pink and... brown (?) as its unlockable outfit? What do you think?

Anser said:
Dorayaki said:
Basic:-Mario.....-Wiggler
According to the previous Tennis Open, I wonder if you're serious enough to list so many playable characters. Make it to 15~17 players.

That's too little... Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour had only 16 players. I can see them increasing the amount of characters greatly this time around. Remember Tennis Open is a handheld game. Plus, Mario Tennis: Power Tour had around 40 playable characters (from which only 6 were Mario characters; the rest were generic humans).
I knew that wasn't many, but the fact is that Tennis Open didn't get more characters than they had in GC. Unless you just want to imagine a dream roster.

The roster of Advance Tour was indeed a disaster, but if we use 3D movesets to the characters nowadays, I don't think we can still get 40 generic human characters..

Dorayaki said:
Anser said:
Dorayaki said:
Basic:-Mario.....-Wiggler
According to the previous Tennis Open, I wonder if you're serious enough to list so many playable characters. Make it to 15~17 players.

That's too little... Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour had only 16 players. I can see them increasing the amount of characters greatly this time around. Remember Tennis Open is a handheld game. Plus, Mario Tennis: Power Tour had around 40 playable characters (from which only 6 were Mario characters; the rest were generic humans).
I knew that wasn't many, but the fact is that Tennis Open didn't get more characters than they had in GC. Unless you just want to imagine a dream roster.

The roster of Advance Tour was indeed a disaster, but if we use 3D movesets to the characters nowadays, I don't think we can still get 40 generic human characters..

Power Tour indeed 30 generic humans, not Advance Tour.
MGAT is better than MGGBC. MTPT is worse than MTGBC.

Dorayaki said:

Yeah... Well, the roster I put in the last page is the roster I would like, but I am aware it's a little bit exaggerated. I think Nintendo will not pass the 22-characters mark this time around. However, I think every single character I listed actually has the opportunity of appearing in the game (not like some people who are wishing for Pauline and freaking Geno to appear).

Tempest Tales said:
Power Tour indeed 30 generic humans, not Advance Tour.
MGAT is better than MGGBC. MTPT is worse than MTGBC.

I don't know; I never played any of the GBC games, only the GBA ones. Mario Tennis Power Tour was pretty awesome in my opinion.

Chilly said:
What about pink body and green pants Lubba? :posh:

I would honestly consider playing as him if he had that outfit

Patrick Star is awesome. That's why

Baby Luigi said:
Patrick Star is awesome. That's why

Well, I despise SpongeBob Squarepants with a passion, so I have no opinion.

I thought of Birdo's color changes:

-Pink body, red bow.
-Light blue body, blue bow.
-Yellow body, orange bow.
-Light green body, green bow.
-Brown body, light blue bow.
-Red body, white bow. (Unlockable outfit).

One thing I'm glad 'bout this: Yoshi is not the ONLY one to get color changes. Every character should get color changes. It makes it more unique.

Luigi
Ice Luigi
Fire Luigi
Wario Luigi
Pink Luigi

Anser said:

I understand for the post-movie seasons, but for the pre-movie seasons? Eh, to his or her own opinion.

Baby Luigi said:
One thing I'm glad 'bout this: Yoshi is not the ONLY one to get color changes. Every character should get color changes. It makes it more unique.

Luigi
Ice Luigi
Fire Luigi
Wario Luigi
Pink Luigi

Anser said:

I understand for the post-movie seasons, but for the pre-movie seasons? Eh, to his or her own opinion.

Yeah, even me, being a Yoshi fan, don't like how he gets treated specially sometimes. In Mario Super Sluggers, he was the only captain to get recolors. Not even Birdo, who was able of getting recolors, got. Talk about unfair.

I like your options for Luigi's costumes. However, you missed the unlockable one :P

Oh, I don't know about pre or post-movie seasons. I never liked it, even when it began. I always found its humor stupid and the way Spongebob laughs gets on my nerves.

Anser said:
I think every single character I listed actually has the opportunity of appearing in the game (not like some people who are wishing for Pauline and freaking Geno to appear.
Geno recieves overrated expectation as an RPG partner, for Pauline I think she has the opportunity.

And rosters and colors/alteregos are bit offtopic. All games can have recolor toads and yoshis. I would talk about the game itself if keeping on.

Dorayaki said:
Anser said:
I think every single character I listed actually has the opportunity of appearing in the game (not like some people who are wishing for Pauline and freaking Geno to appear.
Geno recieves overrated expectation as an RPG partner, for Pauline I think she has the opportunity.

And rosters and colors/alteregos are bit offtopic. All games can have recolor toads and yoshis. I would talk about the game itself if keeping on.

Right. I would like to talk about everything we would like to see in the game, though.

I'd like more than 6 tournaments. Maybe 8. And I would make them to be more Mario-ish. Don't get me wrong, Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour's tournaments were awesome, but when playing Lakitu Valley, sometimes I felt as if I was playing on a generic golf course instead of a Mario golf course. I don't know, add some giant mushrooms here and there or some Mario elements to keep the feeling of the game.

I wouldn't mind a new Mario Golf in the future. I bet they could make an interesting addition with the Wii U. Using the Gamepad to help with putts and/or choose your golf club. It might actually be a blessing that there wasn't a new one for the Wii because it might just rely on the motion control gimmick (Even if I kinda like doing it for the one Wii golf game I have. A Tiger woods game. I know not everyone's fond of it).

In my opinion, they should have made a new Mario Golf or even a new Mario Tennis on the Wii instead of, y'know, Super Mario Galaxy 1.5 with Yoshi in it.

Baby Luigi said:
In my opinion, they should have made a new Mario Golf or even a new Mario Tennis on the Wii instead of, y'know, Super Mario Galaxy 1.5 with Yoshi in it.

I disagree. Super Mario Galaxy 2 was an excellent game.

Or you're saying you don't want it to exist just because of Yoshi?

I hate Super Mario Galaxy 2 for reasons other than Yoshi, thank you very much

I don't miss Mario Golf, but I do miss Toadstool Tour Today with Sandy Green.

Back