Am I the only one who misses Mario Golf?

I do miss the golf games, but I still play Mario Golf 64 from time to time.

Anser said:
Baby Luigi said:
Anser said:
Oh, one more thing! Which effects would we add to when players hit a ball? I remember in Mario Golf both Yoshi and DONKEY KONG would have a rainbow when they got a Nice Shot.

Only Birdo and Yoshi had a rainbow when there is a Nice Shot

I dunno what Baby Luigi can have

I know, but Donkey Kong also had a rainbow in Mario Golf 64.

Did you ever play Yoshi's Island in that game? Could you explain how Donkey Kong is a species there?

Baby Luigi said:
Anser said:
Baby Luigi said:
Anser said:
Oh, one more thing! Which effects would we add to when players hit a ball? I remember in Mario Golf both Yoshi and DONKEY KONG would have a rainbow when they got a Nice Shot.

Only Birdo and Yoshi had a rainbow when there is a Nice Shot

I dunno what Baby Luigi can have

I know, but Donkey Kong also had a rainbow in Mario Golf 64.

Did you ever play Yoshi's Island in that game? Could you explain how Donkey Kong is a species there?

Yes, I played it. My favorite world and also my favorite song in the game. I wouldn't be able to explain. I never got why Donkey Kong's cry can be heard, just like I never understood why Donkey Kong's ball leaves a rainbow after it when he gets a Nice Shot. :|

Ok guys, sorry for the double post, but since I have plenty of free time as I'm on vacations and still on recovery after my chest surgery, I decided to make two pictures about how the roster would look.

This is the character selection screen you see from the start, with no unlockable characters:

mariogolfmushroomtourna.png

Here, as you can see, I changed:

-Lubba from being unlockable to basic. I think his playable debut shouldn't go unnoticed, and since getting characters in this game is pretty difficult, I think he shouldn't be unlockable after all.
-King Boo from being unlockable to basic. This is because he has never been a basic player and, as I've said, I want this roster to be as different from the rest as possible.
-Bowser Jr. from being unlockable to basic. The same reason as King Boo. Plus, he's been basic without his father before (Mario Hoops 3-on-3).

And now, here's the character selection screen with all the characters unlocked:

mariogolfmushroomtourna.png

I know it's a little bit disorganized, but then again, it's uncommon to see Luigi far from Mario, and that's exactly what I want.

Well, I hope you like them! Tell me your thoughts.

Sombrero Guy said:
Anser said:
I would put some color changes (not unlockable) for Yoshi and some other characters (like maybe an angry Wiggler color change?)

EDIT: also nice pictures

Of course! All characters would have 5 costume changes (the standard one plus 4 changes). For example, we would have Red, Blue, Green, Yellow and Black Shy Guy. We would have Red, Blue, Green, Yellow and Purple Toad. We would have Green, Blue, Red, Yellow and Pink Yoshi. Now, imagine some palette swaps we've never seen! Can you imagine a Blue Toadette? Or a Black-dressed Rosalina? Or imagine Baby Luigi with a Waluigi attire.

Sombrero Guy said:
Maybe a Dark Bowser-like color change for Bowser? (dark blue skin, black hair, etc.)

That would be awesome! And I want Blue-skinned Bowser from Mario Golf 64 to return. Also I thought maybe Metal Mario could make a cameo as one of Mario's costume changes.

Sombrero Guy said:
Well I may post my own roster here if that's okay with you

Sure! Why not? I could also take note on the costume changes. Everyone could help with this if they want.

Why does Baby Luigi look strange in your roster?

Baby Luigi said:
Why does Baby Luigi look strange in your roster?
art from fantendo where his head is screwed on backwards

EDIT: Dry Bones should be a swap of Koopa, and Dry Bowser a swap of Bowse

Why use fanart when there is already 3D art available for him?

Baby Luigi said:
Why use fanart when there is already 3D art available for him?

To make him look different from the rest of the fan rosters out there. It doesn't matter, he looks good and he's there, and that's what's important.

I can provide 3D "art" for Baby Luigi that doesn't look odd, but, eh, it's a picture of a model of him, not art

Baby Luigi said:
I can provide 3D "art" for Baby Luigi that doesn't look odd, but, eh, it's a picture of a model of him, not art

I'll change it when I can. In the meantime, why don't we think about the unlocking methods? I was thinking:

-Toadette: earn any Tournament Trophy with Toad.
-Toadsworth: earn any Tournament Trophy with Toadette.
-Birdo: earn any Tournament Trophy with Yoshi.
-Bowser: earn two Tournament Cups with Bowser Jr.
-Petey Piranha: earn 25 Stars in Ring Shot Challenge.
-Wiggler: earn 50 Stars in Ring Shot Challenge.
-Baby Luigi: collect 10 Birdie Badges in Mini-Golf.
-Baby Daisy: earn a Tournament Trophy in Mini-Golf with Baby Peach.
-Baby Donkey Kong: beat any Tournament in less than 15 minutes in Speed Golf.
-Luigi: beat him in Character Match #1.
-Daisy: beat her in Character Match #2.
-Waluigi: beat him in Character Match #3.
-Diddy Kong: beat him in Character Match #4.
-Rosalina: earn all Birdie Badges in the game.

We should also think about the costume changes we would like, don't you think?

Baby Luigi: Fire Baby Luigi, Ice Baby Luigi, Black Baby Luigi (like my fan character's coloration), Waluigi Baby Luigi

Ok, I'll make the list:

Yoshi:
-Green Yoshi
-Blue Yoshi
-Red Yoshi
-Yellow Yoshi
-Pink Yoshi

Toad:
-Red Toad
-Blue Toad
-Green Toad
-Yellow Toad
-Purple Toad

Shy Guy:
-Red Shy Guy
-Blue Shy Guy
-Green Shy Guy
-Yellow Shy Guy
-Black Shy Guy

Baby Luigi:
-Standard Attire
-Fire Baby Luigi (White and Green)
-Ice Baby Luigi (Light Blue and Green)
-Black Baby Luigi
-Waluigi Baby Luigi

Anyone else who wants to contribute?

I don't hate golfs, but compared with tennis which have a specific way of playing, the staff need to develop a new system and stages to make it as popular as Karts.

Anser said:
This would be the roster in my opinion:

Basic:-Mario.....-Wiggler
According to the previous Tennis Open, I wonder if you're serious enough to list so many playable characters. Make it to 15~17 players.

Cirdec said:
I think it would be better on Wii U, to have more characters.
Mix Sport didn't think so.

Dorayaki said:
Basic:-Mario.....-Wiggler
According to the previous Tennis Open, I wonder if you're serious enough to list so many playable characters. Make it to 15~17 players.

That's too little... Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour had only 16 players. I can see them increasing the amount of characters greatly this time around. Remember Tennis Open is a handheld game. Plus, Mario Tennis: Power Tour had around 40 playable characters (from which only 6 were Mario characters; the rest were generic humans).

Mario
Green Mario (like Lefty)
Brown Mario
Wario Mario
Flight Mario

Baby Luigi said:
Mario
Green Mario (like Lefty)
Brown Mario
Wario Mario
Flight Mario

I like the idea of having Flight Mario's colors, but not the whole costume with the helmet and stuff. That would be the costume I'd use if I played as him. As for Wario Mario, I'm not so sure. I mean, there are Wario and Baby Wario with those colors already. I would give him the Green + Orange costume he had in Super Smash Bros.

I'll add Lubba's:

-Purple body, blue pants (Standard)
-Yellow body, orange pants
-Blue body, white pants
-Red body, black pants
-Green body, purple pants (He may end up looking like freaking Barney, though X') )

What do you think if we add the option of unlocking a sixth costume change for everyone?

Back