Hardest NSMB game?

What is?

  • NSMB

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • NSMB2

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NSMBWii

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • NSMBU

    Votes: 12 63.2%

  • Total voters
    19

Post-Damage Invincibility

LET ME COME BACK TO THE 'SHROOM!
Banned User
For those of you who HAVE played NSMBU, is it really as DKCR-esque challenging as they say it is? The actual Story Mode or just going for Gold in the Challenge Modes? I'll be so dissapointed if it is as easy as the other 3.
 

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
None of them I played are particularly difficult
 

Post-Damage Invincibility

LET ME COME BACK TO THE 'SHROOM!
Banned User
New Year Baby Luigi said:
None of them I played are particularly difficult
I'm not playing U until Christmas. That's why I'm hoping it is not as PISS EASY as the first three. I hope there are many more 9-7 type levels.
 

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
Post-Damage Invincibility said:
New Year Baby Luigi said:
None of them I played are particularly difficult
I'm not playing U until Christmas. That's why I'm hoping it is not as PISS EASY as the first three. I hope there are many more 9-7 type levels.
I hope not

Fun comes from clever and interesting level design, not difficulty
 

Post-Damage Invincibility

LET ME COME BACK TO THE 'SHROOM!
Banned User
Squirtle said:
You're biasing in the poll, saying "Don't pick this, it's easy, pick NSMBU".


EDIT: nvm i guess
I did not bias it. Nobody will pick any of the handheld ones because that's like saying Yoshi's Story is harder than Donkey Kong Country 2 but I'll take it off.
 

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
Oh, I bet some people will pick New Super Mario Bros. 2

Ya know, it is pretty hard to continue playing that game.
 

Post-Damage Invincibility

LET ME COME BACK TO THE 'SHROOM!
Banned User
New Year Baby Luigi said:
Oh, I bet some people will pick New Super Mario Bros. 2

Ya know, it is pretty hard to continue playing that game.
Yeah I know, it sucks, right?! Why does everything have to suck?! Why can't anything be good from the here-and-now, and not twenty years ago?!
 

Squawks

Shokora
Wiki Bureaucrat
Core 'Shroom Staff
Twenty years ago, video games were a new thing for a lot of people. There more more unique ideas that later shaped styles of gameplay that we see in many games today. Nowadays, we can probably say that we've "seen it all". The ideas we see today are usually based on ideas from an earlier game. Whether this is intentional for nostalgia, or developers want to try and put a brand new shell on something old, we tend to get to, I suppose, "get bored" of it quicker.
 

Zae

Donkey Kong
Banned User
Uh.. i played nsmb and nsmbwii only and they were stupidly easy, especially the boss fights.

Apparently nsmb2's difficulty is a joke and nsmbu only challenge is through challenge mode.

I don't think the series is actually very tough, the francise ain't exactly hard to begin with.
 
Joltik said:
Uh.. i played nsmb and nsmbwii only and they were stupidly easy, especially the boss fights.

Apparently nsmb2's difficulty is a joke and nsmbu only challenge is through challenge mode.

I don't think the series is actually very tough, the francise ain't exactly hard to begin with.
Agree with most of it. Although I don't think challenge mode being the only challenge in U is a bad thing.
 

Zae

Donkey Kong
Banned User
Christmas Crackin355 said:
Joltik said:
Uh.. i played nsmb and nsmbwii only and they were stupidly easy, especially the boss fights.

Apparently nsmb2's difficulty is a joke and nsmbu only challenge is through challenge mode.

I don't think the series is actually very tough, the francise ain't exactly hard to begin with.
Agree with most of it. Although I don't think challenge mode being the only challenge in U is a bad thing.
Well this is just from vids and opinions of others, atleast on u and 2.

Although I'd generally love to have more challenge outside of star coins/challenge mode as I generally like to be challenged, and those are pretty much optional.
 
I think what they were going for with U was to make the main story/path/whatever easier so that anyone could play it without much trouble. Then the optional stuff like the special world and challenges they tried to make challenging. Which I honestly think is the right way to do things with such a well-known series.
 

Zae

Donkey Kong
Banned User
Christmas Crackin355 said:
I think what they were going for with U was to make the main story/path/whatever easier so that anyone could play it without much trouble. Then the optional stuff like the special world and challenges they tried to make challenging. Which I honestly think is the right way to do things with such a well-known series.
its actually quite boring.

Making the part that you have to do incredibly easy is what you call the right thing to do?

I mean if you suck at platformers i guess that's good but really it can literally bore a person and just make them not motivated to play at all. I'm pretty sure people actually want to put their skills to the test without the game being a complete joke.
 
Joltik said:
Christmas Crackin355 said:
I think what they were going for with U was to make the main story/path/whatever easier so that anyone could play it without much trouble. Then the optional stuff like the special world and challenges they tried to make challenging. Which I honestly think is the right way to do things with such a well-known series.
its actually quite boring.

Making the part that you have to do incredibly easy is what you call the right thing to do?

I mean if you suck at platformers i guess that's good but really it can literally bore a person and just make them not motivated to play at all. I'm pretty sure people actually want to put their skills to the test without the game being a complete joke.
The Mario series is a pretty huge franchise, so there are bound to be more than a few casual gamers or gamers that suck at platformers.

Really, from what I can see, there's the challenges and special world for people who want to be challenged and the main game for those who suck at it. It caters to both people, so I think it's not a complete joke, but a pretty smart design choice.

If you really want to challenge yourself try not using power-ups or something. If its boring you because it's so easy, then try make it harder yourself. I don't really care about if a game is difficult or not, as long as its playable without any major bugs or glitches.

Also, just going to make this clear because this doesn't get through to people a lot, but I'm not trying to say you have to like it or should do anything I suggested, I'm just justifying why I believe is what the right choice since you did ask me if its what I call the right thing to do and I wanted to get everything out that I can so I don't have to do Continous stream of posts explaining my reasoning.
 

User4042

Celestial Guide
I've only played NSMB and NSMBW, so I have to say NSMB.

You should give us the option to change our vote if we don't have them all but get one for Christmas or something and it turns out to be harder
 

Cirdec

Celestial Guide
Squirtle said:
I've only played NSMB and NSMBW, so I have to say NSMB.

You should give us the option to change our vote if we don't have them all but get one for Christmas or something and it turns out to be harder
Really? NSMB is like the easiest.
 

User4042

Celestial Guide
Cirdec said:
Squirtle said:
I've only played NSMB and NSMBW, so I have to say NSMB.

You should give us the option to change our vote if we don't have them all but get one for Christmas or something and it turns out to be harder
Really? NSMB is like the easiest.
Well compared to Wii, it's harder

I haven't played 2 or U
 

NSY

Celestial Guide
Christmas Crackin355 said:
Joltik said:
Christmas Crackin355 said:
I think what they were going for with U was to make the main story/path/whatever easier so that anyone could play it without much trouble. Then the optional stuff like the special world and challenges they tried to make challenging. Which I honestly think is the right way to do things with such a well-known series.
its actually quite boring.

Making the part that you have to do incredibly easy is what you call the right thing to do?

I mean if you suck at platformers i guess that's good but really it can literally bore a person and just make them not motivated to play at all. I'm pretty sure people actually want to put their skills to the test without the game being a complete joke.
The Mario series is a pretty huge franchise, so there are bound to be more than a few casual gamers or gamers that suck at platformers.

Really, from what I can see, there's the challenges and special world for people who want to be challenged and the main game for those who suck at it. It caters to both people, so I think it's not a complete joke, but a pretty smart design choice.

If you really want to challenge yourself try not using power-ups or something. If its boring you because it's so easy, then try make it harder yourself. I don't really care about if a game is difficult or not, as long as its playable without any major bugs or glitches.

Also, just going to make this clear because this doesn't get through to people a lot, but I'm not trying to say you have to like it or should do anything I suggested, I'm just justifying why I believe is what the right choice since you did ask me if its what I call the right thing to do and I wanted to get everything out that I can so I don't have to do Continous stream of posts explaining my reasoning.
Pering this. Easy games always have open room for challenge.

I shall respect your view a bit though as they were users in the past going round complaining about Homestuck and MLP which are other popular likes here as well as Mario games.
 

Zae

Donkey Kong
Banned User
Christmas Crackin355 said:
Joltik said:
Christmas Crackin355 said:
I think what they were going for with U was to make the main story/path/whatever easier so that anyone could play it without much trouble. Then the optional stuff like the special world and challenges they tried to make challenging. Which I honestly think is the right way to do things with such a well-known series.
its actually quite boring.

Making the part that you have to do incredibly easy is what you call the right thing to do?

I mean if you suck at platformers i guess that's good but really it can literally bore a person and just make them not motivated to play at all. I'm pretty sure people actually want to put their skills to the test without the game being a complete joke.
The Mario series is a pretty huge franchise, so there are bound to be more than a few casual gamers or gamers that suck at platformers.

Really, from what I can see, there's the challenges and special world for people who want to be challenged and the main game for those who suck at it. It caters to both people, so I think it's not a complete joke, but a pretty smart design choice.

If you really want to challenge yourself try not using power-ups or something. If its boring you because it's so easy, then try make it harder yourself. I don't really care about if a game is difficult or not, as long as its playable without any major bugs or glitches.

Also, just going to make this clear because this doesn't get through to people a lot, but I'm not trying to say you have to like it or should do anything I suggested, I'm just justifying why I believe is what the right choice since you did ask me if its what I call the right thing to do and I wanted to get everything out that I can so I don't have to do Continous stream of posts explaining my reasoning.
I don't really see why a big franchise has to have easy difficulty all around.

Megaman is very huge and alot of its games are quite challenging. Sonic is also a big franchise and is far more difficult than mario as well. Quite frankly using huge franchise as an excuse for it be easy seems like a really bad reason.

Anyway I don't really like limiting myself for a game to be hard, because that's just boring and usually comes of as bleh.

I'd much rather use all my skills and be challenged, now that my friends, is fun.
 

NSY

Celestial Guide
Joltik said:
Christmas Crackin355 said:
Joltik said:
Christmas Crackin355 said:
I think what they were going for with U was to make the main story/path/whatever easier so that anyone could play it without much trouble. Then the optional stuff like the special world and challenges they tried to make challenging. Which I honestly think is the right way to do things with such a well-known series.
its actually quite boring.

Making the part that you have to do incredibly easy is what you call the right thing to do?

I mean if you suck at platformers i guess that's good but really it can literally bore a person and just make them not motivated to play at all. I'm pretty sure people actually want to put their skills to the test without the game being a complete joke.
The Mario series is a pretty huge franchise, so there are bound to be more than a few casual gamers or gamers that suck at platformers.

Really, from what I can see, there's the challenges and special world for people who want to be challenged and the main game for those who suck at it. It caters to both people, so I think it's not a complete joke, but a pretty smart design choice.

If you really want to challenge yourself try not using power-ups or something. If its boring you because it's so easy, then try make it harder yourself. I don't really care about if a game is difficult or not, as long as its playable without any major bugs or glitches.

Also, just going to make this clear because this doesn't get through to people a lot, but I'm not trying to say you have to like it or should do anything I suggested, I'm just justifying why I believe is what the right choice since you did ask me if its what I call the right thing to do and I wanted to get everything out that I can so I don't have to do Continous stream of posts explaining my reasoning.
I don't really see why a big franchise has to have easy difficulty all around.

Megaman is very huge and alot of its games are quite challenging. Sonic is also a big franchise and is far more difficult than mario as well. Quite frankly using huge franchise as an excuse for it be easy seems like a really bad reason.

Anyway I don't really like limiting myself for a game to be hard, because that's just boring and usually comes of as bleh.

I'd much rather use all my skills and be challenged, now that my friends, is fun.
Most retro Mario games were hard as hell and the series is still Medium difficulty. While retro Sonic was quite hard, retro Mario was a lot harder trust me, I can not beat SMB3. Sonic Colors was quite an easy game in my opinion and I still enjoyed it anyway so sometimes the difficulty doesn't matter, please keep that in mind Zae.
 

NSY

Celestial Guide
Cirdec said:
Indeed SMB2: The Lost Levels was hard as hell.
I was excluding that game. I was mainly thinking of SMB, SMB3 and SMW which all three are very difficult games,
 
Top