Mario Party 9

And every time there's a Mario spinoff, there would have to be an intro where Mario and Luigi travel back in time, retrieve whatever babies they need, and then time travel back into the present.

I agree it's kind of silly to have the babies in every spinoff with their grown counterparts, but some people like playing them, so I don't really care if they're there or not. They just make for more fodder for pummeling IMO.

Yeah we should reach further back and get Baby Toadsworth in Mario Party 9...

Alright, time to get off the subject of babies before Ralphfan starts going on his routine off-topic sprees.

I wish they would bring back the board-based costumes they used in Mario Party 2.

I didn't play MP2, so I have no clue what you mean.

Do you think there should be just 4 team names, like in MP7, have team names based on who the characters are, like MP8, or allow custom names?

I think teams are dumb, so neither.

I know.

Your point is?

Sheep Man said:
Yeah we should reach further back and get Baby Toadsworth in Mario Party 9...

LOL. That would be a stretch.

Sharks Territory said:
And, while we're on the subject of babies...

Let's not go there.

Sharks Territory said:
Do you think there should be just 4 team names, like in MP7, have team names based on who the characters are, like MP8, or allow custom names?

I like playing on teams sometimes, for something different, and I like it better when they have the team names based on who the characters are. My favorite team name is Waluigi + Boo = Total Creeps.

Sharks Territory said:
Yeah, MP8 was a bit quick.
No quicker than the rest, dude.

Yeah, and I meant that it was no quicker released than any of the previous games.

Yes, in fact Mario Party 7 and 8 had a two year gap within each other, compared to 4-7 which had one year gaps.

I don't work for Nintendo, so you're asking the wrong man.

Sharks Territory said:
Well...did the other ones that came on different consoles released further apart?
The grammar is so skewed I can't tell what you're trying to even say. Did the other ones that came on released further consoles apart... what?

I don't get what people are saying when they say that MP8 felt rushed to them. It seems to me like it has more minigames, more options, and was a little better thought-out than some of the previous releases. Other than the lack of mic-games, I have no real problem with it myself.

Personally, I didn't think it was bad, it did lack innovation and considering that it was on a brand new console, there could have been much more impressive things (the graphics weren't 7th generation standard, for one) about it.

I liked the idea behind Koopa's Tycoon Town though; that was creative.

Back