Mario Party 9

Muigi said:
Kinniku Man said:
Crackin355 said:
Muigi said:
Okay. However, I notice that a lot of our sticky threads just die for certain periods of time anyway, but to stay on topic:

I'm sure this has already been mentioned tons of times in this thread alone but Donkey Kong should be playable again.

Now we need to find out who'll (Or at least SHOULD) replace him.

Funky Kong!!
Has funky ever appeared in a Mario game?
Mario Kart Wii says hi.
Touché. I still don't think Funky should replace Donkey, however.

I don't even want to see another Mario Party game. I don't like that series. But if there were another one I'd want these playable characters in them:
-Bowser
-Tatanga
-Baby Wario
-and everyone else from Mario Super Sluggers:D.

teamxxbowser said:
I don't even want to see another Mario Party game. I don't like that series. But if there were another one I'd want these playable characters in them:
-Bowser
-Tatanga
-Baby Wario
-and everyone else from Mario Super Sluggers:D.
Baby characters are do not want. D:

Sharks Territory said:
Baby Mario and Baby Luigi are the only babies who even have a shot at Mario Party.
And Baby Bowser, I suppose. Well, maybe not. They should just stay away from babies in the first place.

Crackin355 said:
Why does everybody have a problem with babies? It's confusing because i dont mind them!
It was all good when it was only Mario and Luigi, but then, it was apparent Nintendo was running out of better ideas and making baby versions of everything.

Crackin355 said:
Why does everybody have a problem with babies? It's confusing because i dont mind them!

Maybe it's because there's tons of other potential Mario characters for a spin-off who are superior to baby versions of characters and generic enemies.

Muigi said:
Crackin355 said:

Maybe it's because there's tons of other potential Mario characters for a spin-off who are superior to baby versions of characters and generic enemies.

oh... Kill the Babies!!!

Muigi said:
Crackin355 said:

There's still a healthy supply of Kongs left for the Mario Party series. :3

Muigi said:
A Mario game + Wii Speak = IS NOT GOOD.
Really? I think it'd be good for Mario Party. Mario Party isn't really a game, it's an experience. It's the experience of complaining to your gamer buddies about how much Mario Party sucks and assuring yourself and the ones with whom you are playing that you're only playing it "until the next real Mario comes out", and don't forget going into fits of horrible rage when someone beats your high score in a minigame...

These are all things that would be lacking in online play, but could easily be implemented in it if it used Wii Speak.

Uniju said:
Muigi said:
A Mario game + Wii Speak = IS NOT GOOD.
Really? I think it'd be good for Mario Party. Mario Party isn't really a game, it's an experience. It's the experience of complaining to your gamer buddies about how much Mario Party sucks and assuring yourself and the ones with whom you are playing that you're only playing it "until the next real Mario comes out", and don't forget going into fits of horrible rage when someone beats your high score in a minigame...

These are all things that would be lacking in online play, but could easily be implemented in it if it used Wii Speak.
I'm pretty sure not all people are playing the games just to tell their buddies how much it sucks. -_-;

Are you saying it's lacking on online play, because their buddies can't hear your voice nagging and complaining about the game at hand?

Uh, no.
I'm just saying that some people aren't so shallow as to not enjoy a little chat once in a while, and a game that actually labels itself "Party" is never going to be a good game to play alone in a dark room, or even alone in a dark room with someone theoretically on the other end of a long cable. It's a good game to play alone in a dark room with a mysterious voice coming out of a box and telling that it's only here to kill time.

The thing is, you know he's lying.

Uniju said:
Uh, no.
I'm just saying that some people aren't so shallow as to not enjoy a little chat once in a while, and a game that actually labels itself "Party" is never going to be a good game to play alone in a dark room, or even alone in a dark room with someone theoretically on the other end of a long cable. It's a good game to play alone in a dark room with a mysterious voice coming out of a box and telling that it's only here to kill time.

The thing is, you know he's lying.

EXACTLY!

Plot idea:

Mario and friends are sailing (Toad's the captian, 'cause it's his ship) to some place called Odri to meet Birdo's grandmother. On the way, Bowser sends a storm, and they get shipwrecked on an island that he has a military base on.

Now, they have a storage room full of stars to operate the lifeboats with, but the storm scatters them across the island. Bowser, commanding an elite section of the Kooopa Troop that he has stylized as headhunters (no heads are actually shown), asks the leaders of each of the "legions" of sorts (Goomba, Blooper, Koopa, Shy Guy, Dry Bones, Hammer Bro, and Magikoopa) to hide stars on each section of the island (thus turning them into boards) and guard them (thus making them opponets & bosses).

List of boards to come soon.

Muigi said:
Y'know, maybe they should end this spin-off series. Really...
Maybe it already ended and we haven't been informed. :eek:

That is possible...

Either that or- suddenly, out of nowhere, a new Mario game has been released in America without even being announced...

Kinniku Man said:
Will Rosalina be in Mario Party 9? It would be cool if she will be. But somehow, I don't think Funky's gonna make it. :P

Why don't we make DK playable again by instead having Rosalina spaces?

wsbm said:
Kinniku Man said:
Will Rosalina be in Mario Party 9? It would be cool if she will be. But somehow, I don't think Funky's gonna make it. :P

Why don't we make DK playable again and instead have Rosalina spaces?
What an old quote lol.

What would Roslina mini-games be, anyway?

Kinniku Man said:
wsbm said:
Kinniku Man said:

What an old quote lol.

Fly through space! Collect Star Bits! Feed the Luma!

You know, what you'd expect.

I'm sure the older fans of the Mario series wouldn't be amused by the next Mario Party game anyway.

Reversinator said:
Kinniku Man said:
wsbm said:
Kinniku Man said:

What an old quote lol.

Fly through space! Collect Star Bits! Feed the Luma!

You know, what you'd expect.
Wander helplessly through the galaxy! Cry about your mother! Drive a kart!

^What I expected.

The User Formerly Known as Lario said:
I'm sure the older fans of the Mario series wouldn't be amused by the next Mario Party game anyway.
Unless they make it damn good, that is.

Well, what do you want to see from Mario Party 9?

Back