I guess I have an apology to give... (Everyone please read!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rin Kagamine said:
The kind of OCD I have isn't like that.

It just makes me obsess completely about a subject aka not wanting to stop talking about or stop doing things related to it.

Is that dangerous?

It only becomes dangerous if it hinders you from normal human activity, ie eating, sleeping, withholding basic responsibilities, hygiene, and the like.

Xyresic said:
As for OCD, are you actually diagnosed (even though ADD/HD and the like are over-diagnosed in today's society) with it, or are you just labeling yourself as such.
OCD is actually a really serious condition.

For your information, the increased diagnosis with ADHD is due to the increased awareness of the symptoms, just like autism

You have imaginary friends and apparently they're damaging your relationship with your boyfriend, so I'd say that even if that's not 'dangerous,' it's extremely unhealthy.

Baby Luigi said:
Xyresic said:
As for OCD, are you actually diagnosed (even though ADD/HD and the like are over-diagnosed in today's society) with it, or are you just labeling yourself as such.

For your information, the increased diagnosis with ADHD is due to the increased awareness of the symptoms, just like autism

Actually, no, it's pretty overdiagnosed. That doesn't mean people don't have it though (like myself).

It's definitely overdiagnosed; I was nearly diagnosed with ADHD when my kindergarten teacher was like "you son doesn't may attention in my class he must be adhd" and my mom was like "no that's because your class is stupidly slow".

Fast forward eleven years. Of all the people in my grade level I'm in at least the top 1% of high attention spans.

Baby Luigi said:
Xyresic said:

But by increasing awareness, you wind up with mothers wondering why their kids can't pay attention and just decide to "instantly" resolve the problem with some Ritalin.
As a more serious note: With increased awareness of the symptoms, the risk for being diagnosed incorrectly is higher.
Remember even though that Dr. Nice Guy wants to help you feel better, he also needs to put food on the table for his family.
What's more expensive, a Ritalin prescription and a returning customer, or a one-time customer who gets an examination?
Actually, I think that doing that is illegal here in the US of A, but many illegal things get oversight.

Gideon Gordon Graves said:
You have imaginary friends and apparently they're damaging your relationship with your boyfriend, so I'd say that even if that's not 'dangerous,' it's extremely unhealthy.

Baby Luigi said:
Xyresic said:

Actually, no, it's pretty overdiagnosed. That doesn't mean people don't have it though (like myself).
Technically, I just wasn't good at keeping it a secret from him. :P

I have imaginary friends, well imaginary pets....(I wish I really had an alligator :'( )

Rin Kagamine said:

You are an incredibly messed-up person and you need to seek therapy or psychological help.
Gee thanks. I totally needed to be told that by someone on the internet!
[/sarcasm]

fyi, I do have psychological help!

Uhhmm...do you REALLY need psychological help? Because if you do....I think I'm going to stay WELL away from you.

I prob should get psychological help, apparently pet reptiles and raptors (not dinosaurs) aren't "normal" enough :P

Oh please.

There's no such thing as "normal". Everyone is different, everything is different. There's no normality in this world, everything is unique.

The only reason you should ever go to a therapist is if you are mental enough to be Rin over there.

Radagast the Brown said:
The only reason you should ever go to a therapist is if you are mental enough to be Rin over there.

Getting help is nothing to shy away from.
TBH, I see it as courage, as you recognize where your faults are, and you get outside help to fix them.
Given, I haven't been to a psych for problems.

Radagast the Brown said:
Uhhmm...do you REALLY need psychological help? Because if you do....I think I'm going to stay WELL away from you.
Technically he just prescribes medication.

I had another one, but she says I don't really need to see her anymore.
Radagast the Brown said:
That's a bit rude.

That's not rude.

Xyresic said:
Radagast the Brown said:

Getting help is nothing to shy away from.
TBH, I see it as courage, as you recognize where your faults are, and you get outside help to fix them.
Given, I haven't been to a psych for problems.

You didn't quote the good part - missing out that part makes me sound like a controlling dick.

You called me mental. That IS rude!

Radagast the Brown said:
>implies herself that she is mental
I didn't call myself mental.

The psychologist just helped me with controlling my anger.

And the other one just prescribes my medicine.

Screw this thread before there's a flame war

Lock please

I already reported to lock it.

Rin Kagamine said:
Rin Kagamine said:

You are an incredibly messed-up person and you need to seek therapy or psychological help.
Gee thanks. I totally needed to be told that by someone on the internet!
[/sarcasm]

fyi, I do have psychological help!

The only problem you see with having an imaginary boyfriend that you "cheat" on your real boyfriend with is that you didn't lie about it well enough. You need help. I'm not trying to be a dick here (well, okay, maybe a little) but I sincerely think that that's a sign of real issues that need to be dealt with.

I'm saying this based solely on what you've said on the Marioboards, though. I mean, there could be a lot more or less to it that I don't know about or understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back