Who are the most unbalanced characters?

Who are the most unbalanced characters in all of Super Smash Bros?

• Mario

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Link

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Kirby

• Pikachu

• Fox

• Samus

• Zero suit Samus

• Zelda

• Sheik

• Bowser

• Donkey Kong

• Yoshi

• Peach

• Ice Climbers

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Pit

• Wario

• Ike

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Squirtle

• Ivysaur

• Charizard

• Diddy Kong

• Meta Knight

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Lucas

• King Dedede

• Olimar

• Ness

• Marth

• Luigi

• Falco

• Captain Falcon

• Lucario

• R.O.B.

• Ganondorf

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Mr. Game & Watch

• Jiggly Puff

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Toon Link

• Wolf

• Snake

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Sonic

• Total voters
Northern Verve said:
Zae said:
Northern Verve said:
Zae said:
I'd say Sonic is really unbalanced, sure the dude is pretty fast but he lacks strength and it takes him forever to knock off other players.

His only real strong attack is his side smash and amazingly enough, it's also his slowest. His back air can also be strong but it does lack range and can be easily outmaneuvered by characters with better forward and down airs such as Luigi, Marth, or ZSS.

Theres also the fact that his special moves are really horrible as most of them can be easily countered through just a simple tap or kick(this reveres to the side and center special moves).

Sonic's supposed to be the fragile speedster so it kinda makes sense that while fast he wouldn't exactly be too powerful

I don't really care though whether he's among the best or one of the the worst character fighter wise. He's still the character I play as most in the game.

Point is though he has terrible times knocking off characters, i mean fox and captain falcon are also extremely fast but they have much easier times knock off characters.

I just think its really unfair that he didn't get much to work with.

Well who knows, maybe it'll change in time for SSB4. I'm pretty sure it will be Nintendo and Sega's best interest in bringing him back as a veteran.

I believe that Sonic is good at knocking out, he does not have moves with a lot of knock back but he can deal damage fast, and his attacks get overwhelming and the final move, rather than his final smash is more a his side smash, but people love to be cheap with his ordinary attacks, because Sonic's final is so hard to control. They tend to use Sonic's down smash to spin around a deal damage freely.

YoshiMonsta said:
Northern Verve said:
Zae said:
Northern Verve said:
Zae said:
I'd say Sonic is really unbalanced, sure the dude is pretty fast but he lacks strength and it takes him forever to knock off other players.

His only real strong attack is his side smash and amazingly enough, it's also his slowest. His back air can also be strong but it does lack range and can be easily outmaneuvered by characters with better forward and down airs such as Luigi, Marth, or ZSS.

Theres also the fact that his special moves are really horrible as most of them can be easily countered through just a simple tap or kick(this reveres to the side and center special moves).

Sonic's supposed to be the fragile speedster so it kinda makes sense that while fast he wouldn't exactly be too powerful

I don't really care though whether he's among the best or one of the the worst character fighter wise. He's still the character I play as most in the game.

Point is though he has terrible times knocking off characters, i mean fox and captain falcon are also extremely fast but they have much easier times knock off characters.

I just think its really unfair that he didn't get much to work with.

Well who knows, maybe it'll change in time for SSB4. I'm pretty sure it will be Nintendo and Sega's best interest in bringing him back as a veteran.

I believe that Sonic is good at knocking out, he does not have moves with a lot of knock back but he can deal damage fast, and his attacks get overwhelming and the final move, rather than his final smash is more a his side smash, but people love to be cheap with his ordinary attacks, because Sonic's final is so hard to control. They tend to use Sonic's down smash to spin around a deal damage freely.

Sonic takes too long to knock people off and this becomes a problem when you deal with more powerful characters like Marth, Luigi, Ike, and others.

I mean even combo relying characters such as Falco and Peach can knock others off far earlier.

His special moves are also very useless and his air are moves are pretty pathetic(besides back air).

While his down smash is pretty useful and can take some advantage of mid jumping, most of his moves are just too weak or too short ranged to be useful.

I think Luigi is also pretty unbalanced, he's slow as hell on the ground AND in the air, doesn't have good approaching options, and has short range. Only good thing about him IMO is his attacks can kill easily (I'm looking at you, Up-B) and as long as he has his Cyclone he can recover.
Speaking of air speed, if Ivysaur had better air speed, I think it'd be FAR less edgehogged easily and give it more approaching options.

Also, before when I said Snake has range, he REALLY has range.
5khsup.jpg

Timmy said:
I think Luigi is also pretty unbalanced, he's slow as hell on the ground AND in the air, doesn't have good approaching options, and has short range. Only good thing about him IMO is his attacks can kill easily (I'm looking at you, Up-B) and as long as he has his Cyclone he can recover.
Speaking of air speed, if Ivysaur had better air speed, I think it'd be FAR less edgehogged easily and give it more approaching options.

Also, before when I said Snake has range, he REALLY has range.
5khsup.jpg

Luigi's attacks are fast, can counter amazingly in the air, not to mention his air moves are very useful and his down special can be used for approaching, can also be used greatly for mid jumping(the best in the game), as he can actually attack twice in the air(assuming he doesn't use air normal).

Not to mention his down throw can be used for comboing with up normal or up smash or even with his great air moves. Getting near Luigi without a Weapon character(Marth or Ike), can be very risky as if he connect with normal air or down air it can do a chunk of damage and send you a pretty good distance at higher damage percentages.

Timmy said:
5khsup.jpg

._.

Also, Pichu is broken. It's weaker and faster than Pikachu, but it FUCKING DAMAGES ITSELF WITH ELECTRIC ATTACKS. I get it that Pichu gets damaged when it uses Thundershock in the anime, but you don't have to rely in the anime so much! Jeez.

Miracle Matter said:
Timmy said:
5khsup.jpg

._.

Also, Pichu is broken. It's weaker and faster than Pikachu, but it *bleep*ING DAMAGES ITSELF WITH ELECTRIC ATTACKS. I get it that Pichu gets damaged when it uses Thundershock in the anime, but you don't have to rely in the anime so much! Jeez.

"Broken" usually means "overpowered" or "uber powerful"

Just saying.

Pichu being in the game was just really stupid to begin with and could have used for another and better pokemon. Like Machamp or Scizor.

Doc Louis said:
Broken can also mean "unplayable".

Just saying.

I said "usually"

Zae said:
Anser said:
Ike is just way too unbalanced. I know he's slow, but still, a character shouldn't be as stupidly strong as Ike is. I was once playing with Lucas and I had 0% of damage and an Ike hit me with a fully charged Smash + A and he knocked me out of the screen. I could understand this if I had +60% damage, BUT 0%?! That's just *bleep*ing ridiculous.

Also, Meta Knight should be slower if he wants to have so much knockback in his attacks.

Were you on a small stage or something? That's never happened to me, ever, even at 0%.

I was in Smashville =/... And I'm sure I didn't change the knockback options (I'm not sure of what they're called).

you forgot snorlax (I say npc count) hes so heavy he fall over, therefore unbalanced

and trust me, Metaknight is slow enough already

Stargatedalek said:
you forgot snorlax (I say npc count) hes so heavy he fall over, therefore unbalanced

WHAT.

I mean, I reckon he's not a speed demon but he's too fast for how much knockback his attacks have.

Stargatedalek said:

._.

You have terrible grammar.
He is not playable, only assist, and all he does is jump and fall.
Oh and Meta knight isn't light speed, he can jump and kill you when you hsve 50 damage. Oh and his regular attack is way to fast.

Stargatedalek said:

You serious? Meta-knight probably has like some of the fastest attacks in the game and the most painful, not to mention he's really good at wracking up damage very quickly.

Dunno what you're on.

Well Meta Knight is pretty speedy on the ground, but in the air he's slow. :p
Though his D-Smash is so annoying to deal with... >__>

If Ness & Lucas didn't have grab release issues and a safer recovery, I'd find them balanced.

@Anser: I think getting killed at 0% by a fully charged F-Smash from Ike should only happen on Smashville if you're on that moving platform and it was all the way at the end. :p

Also, a little off-topic, but I think Marth and Diddy were the most balanced. Well Diddy a bit less because of banana peels, but still, I find him balanced. =P

I think the most balanced are probably R.O.B. and maybe Ness and Lucas equally.

Another problematic character is Wario, he has fast and Great aerial advantage and also way to much power. He also has an overpowered down B-move. Wario also has great potential for his final smash, except for the fact that it sends him way too high when he jumps, and I always die when I use his down-B at full power.

Another character is Yoshi, who's attacks are weak with small knock back and his speed is good, but attacks are somewhat slow, and the Up-B attack holds little value in getting up. His Down-B is the only reasonable attack on him, it moves reasonably fast and has good knock back with mild damage. He has a pretty good Final Smash, the Yoshi Dragon can to good fire damage and knock back, a pro tip is to never play as Yoshi without Smash Balls.

One last problem is D.K., he is pretty fast and agile, and he has great knock back and damage but it is hard to have all of those in a combination. I hate it how my brother just spams down-B. He also has a little too good of recovery and has a way too good Up-B. Also his Final Smash does little of anything unless you can really use it well.

YoshiMonsta said:
One last problem is D.K., he is pretty fast and agile, and he has great knock back and damage but it is hard to have all of those in a combination. I hate it how my brother just spams down-B. He also has a little too good of recovery and has a way too good Up-B. Also his Final Smash does little of anything unless you can really use it well.

A problem with DK is his large frame, which makes him easily comboed.

Way good Up B? You kidding me? He can be easily meteor smashed because of his vulnerability and its bad vertical range

DK is a huge target, gets screwed over easily with chaingrabs and his recovery is terrible and it's predictable too.

Yoshi's recovery isn't really a problem tbh, if you change your controls and disable Tap Jump, you can use Up-B BEFORE you use his Double Jump. You can use his Up-B up to 5 times before you need to Double Jump back on stage. :p I mean a real triple jump would be nice, but you gotta work with what you got!
Though, I will agree that he needs some power on his moves, and also his Egg Roll is pretty bad.
I think Yoshi's real problem is his shield. Powershielding with him still gives him that lag when he drops it, his roll, shield-drop and grab are REALLY laggy and he can't jump to cancel his shield either.

I'd say Bowser, his attacks and mobility are slow. The only good thing about Bowser are his special moves and his Final Smash, I guess.

Also Dedede, his attacks are slow as hell, not to mention his mobility. Also, I really hate when people in wi-fi keep spamming his Waddle Dee attack.

I have to agree on DK though.

I thought you meant metaknights waliking speed, which is tedious
and I was kidding about snorlax, should have added that :P

Miracle Matter said:
Okay.

Like other people said: Captain Falcon.

Bad or good?

Ganondorf, Link and Zelda are pretty unbalanced, there's already several bad things about them, but the one thing IMO that breaks their game is that they can't recover for their freaking lives, both horizontally and vertically.
Falco, Fox and Wolf aren't good at recovering either, but their other traits kinda make up for it. =P

Ganondorf's short Double Jump and short Up-B distance really doesn't help much. He also falls so quickly and he's easily edgehogged.

Link also has a short Double Jump (I think 2nd shortest in the game IIRC) and his Up-B really, really sucks. Tether kind of helps, but he can easily get edgehogged either way.

Zelda has a decent Double Jump and doesn't fall fast, but the problem with her Up-B is that even though it gives her a good distance, she can barely manuever after it because of the lag afterward, and she's also easily edgehogged.

Sorry if I seem like all super serious/nerdy about this lol

Oh yeah I forgot about Sheik's bad recovery somehow. :p
She falls fast, (though at least she can tether with her Side-B) her Double Jump is decent, but her Up-B is also easily edgehogged.

Back