I'm starting to become less loyal to Nintendo

NSY

Celestial Guide
Nintendo once was the king of classics, now everyone who thinks they are gay. Yes Nintendo once been a system everyone wants to a system no one wants. Yes everyone in my school talks about XBox and PS3s and now I'm starting to even think they are cool. The problem? My parents will most likely not let me buy those games everyone plays. Of course everyone says that the Wii is gay now. As much as I'm sick of it there something about Nintendo that I just don't liked. It's family friendliness and this only started when the Wii came. As much as I loved the Super Mario Galaxy games and The Legend of Zelda, I now feel like I shouldn't anymore as everyone would bully me for liking them. I just want Nintendo to revert back to what they used to be or I just want Nintendo Sony or Microsoft to team up and make one big console but chances of that are low.

After what the last generation of gaming has caused and the views that PS4 and XBox 720 will rule the Wii U. What path do I take next in gaming, I don't know and if I quit video games they will be nothing else to do. Help me.

What I understood from this post is that you are afraid to be yourself. Don't be. I have played Pokemon for 7 years and continue to play it during school to this day. That is what helped me to find the people who really turned around the 5th grade for me.

Further more, being myself lead me to discover that there are many more bronies at my school than expected.(A whole 6, 5 male 1 female)

Just be you, you'll get crap for it. Take it. Eventually, you'll stop caring and then, they will start to respect you for it.

Though to be honest, Nintendo isn't doing great now in terms of game quality. Pokemon and Zelda are doing fine, but Mario's been below average recently.

you put way too much stock in the opinion/gaming tastes of the people around you

everybody i know pretty much plays generic fps games and minecraft, but that doesn't really bother me very much since they're still my friends and all that. i guess i don't really put so much stock in their opinion of games i really love that it becomes impossible to relate to anyone who isn't as rapturously in love with chrono trigger as i am.

Michael Myers said:
Though to be honest, Nintendo isn't doing great now in terms of game quality. Pokemon and Zelda are doing fine, but Mario's been below average recently.
That's the problem Mario has turned from being a plumber everyone loves to a plumber everyone hates.

Mario and the Nintendo friendliness are the two main problems here.

NSY said:
Nintendo once was the king of classics, now everyone who thinks they are gay. Yes Nintendo once been a system everyone wants to a system no one wants. Yes everyone in my school talks about XBox and PS3s and now I'm starting to even think they are cool. The problem? My parents will most likely not let me buy those games everyone plays. Of course everyone says that the Wii is gay now. As much as I'm sick of it there something about Nintendo that I just don't liked. It's family friendliness and this only started when the Wii came. As much as I loved the Super Mario Galaxy games and The Legend of Zelda, I now feel like I shouldn't anymore as everyone would bully me for liking them. I just want Nintendo to revert back to what they used to be or I just want Nintendo Sony or Microsoft to team up and make one big console but chances of that are low.

After what the last generation of gaming has caused and the views that PS4 and XBox 720 will rule the Wii U. What path do I take next in gaming, I don't know and if I quit video games they will be nothing else to do. Help me.
Stick with Nintendo you coward

NSY said:
Michael Myers said:
That's the problem Mario has turned from being a plumber everyone loves to a plumber everyone hates.

To reiterate: It doesn't matter what the people you don't like think. It matters what the people who really know you think. And if they are bullying you because of Nintendo, you've got some serious thinking to do.

Dr. Turnip said:
NSY said:
Michael Myers said:

To reiterate: It doesn't matter what the people you don't like think. It matters what the people who really know you think. And if they are bullying you because of Nintendo, you've got some serious thinking to do.
The problem, they don't even know I like Mario, I'm too afraid to say.

You shouldn't be. I was verbally harassed by the entire Lacrosse team(of which I was a member) all last season for playing Pokemon. By the last week of school, they respected me because I didn't say shit. I told my two best friends I was a brony, one of them has a history of hating bronies(you know who you are) and they got over it.

If you value what games people around you play higher than what personal traits you see in them, you have a problem. What you should focus on when conversing with a person is their personal traits, like their appearance, their personality, etcetera. Now, I get it that you want to be able to discuss the video games you play with them, but you don't always have to talk about video games. You can talk about sports, films, books, or just other things you tend to do on your free time — that'd also make for a great time with pretty much everybody you will ever meet in your life. Heck, even talking about the weather would be considered an OK choice of a topic, and it is something I'd stick to if I was in your situation.

Monobear said:
you put way too much stock in the opinion/gaming tastes of the people around you

everybody i know pretty much plays generic fps games and minecraft, but that doesn't really bother me very much since they're still my friends and all that. i guess i don't really put so much stock in their opinion of games i really love that it becomes impossible to relate to anyone who isn't as rapturously in love with chrono trigger as i am.
I have to mention that this is a really great post.

People are asses if they judge you based on what you play rather than other more significant factors.

Be proud to be different. Don't let conformity overtake you.

I'm the only person in my class to prefer Wii over Xbox and PS3. And by gum I'm fucking proud to stand out. And you should too. So don't just follow the crowd, be different, be the one who prefers the original motion sensor game.

Don't be afraid.

As a hardcore Nintendo fan, I think 360 and PS3 is better than Wii and Wii U will going to beat them

Brother, don't give a **** what people say. I'm probably the only one who plays a Nintendo console in my entire class. I've been mocked before about talking about a game with the name of a girl in it whose name was "zelda"... And of course the game was twilight PRINCESS. The noobs people are in my class don't realize it barely has anything to do with the both and they mock nintendo for making princess game. If you don't say anything and simply laugh at what they say eventually the teasing of playing Nintendo will become an old stale joke, and whenever/if Nintendo becomes cool you can brag about it. My advice, brother.

If they tease you, then tease them back and I call them CoD ****** if they tease Nintendo but they don't do that anymore

IMO, teasing back doesn't work for two reasons.

1. They LIKE CoD and I'm sure it has no gay stuff in that game... Learnt from experience.

2. It just shows they are hurting you.

Just trust me, I can make most of kids in school rage and get mad easily. My friend taught me how to do that.

Here's some advice: Who cares?
The majority of my School likes Xbox 360, PS3, and PC Gaming more, does that mean I have to hate Nintendo, just for this?
Every time I take out my 3DS, it's just a relief for me, that I'm not part the mass.

Fun fact: Most of these PS3/360/PC lovers play Super Smash Bros. Brawl during the breaks, at School.
The Wii gets turned on all the time, just for Brawl, while the Xbox 360 and PS3 are always turned off.

We also have a GCN, which is turned on frequently for Melee, even a SNES, where students keep playing Super Mario Kart on it.
But as soon as these people leave the Play Ground, they start bragging about Xbox 360 and PS3 games again.

Ventus said:
Just trust me, I can make most of kids in school rage and get mad easily. My friend taught me how to do that.

> friend teaches you how to piss people off

wut

And you act like this is a good thing

MCS said:
Ventus said:

wut

It sometimes is a good thing if you want to get everyone to hate you

What the fuck, seriously.

You are starting to get interested in what people like more than Nintendo? Seriously?

What the fuck, NSY

What the fuck.

This word is floating on my head right now, what the fuck.

Just because people like something else more than Nintendo doesn't mean you have to... Jesus. I'm so fucking pissed off I don't even know what to say...

People like Pokemon more than Kirby, does this mean I have to start liking Pokemon more than Kirby? No.

If people like MLP more than Mario, should I like MLP more? No.

If people like 3D models more than 2d models, should I like 3d models more? No.

If... Okay, this is getting boring.

So, to put this bluntly:

Don't give a shit to what people say.

MCS said:
Ventus said:

wut

Yeah, it is strange

Back