Littlest Pet Shop (new Hub TV series)

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
...Ugh...

Alright, so it's like this. We all know about The Hub, right? The relatively new TV channel made in a joint venture between the Discovery Channel and Hasbro, essentially replacing Discovery Kids. Most people know it as the channel that airs My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, which really needs no introduction at this point. What I find interesting, though, is that most people seem only interested in the channel in regards of that one specific show, even though there are plenty of other shows, and not just re-runs of Batman: The Animated Series and Fraggle Rock. Shows made by Hasbro, such as Transformers Prime, G.I. Joe: Renegades, Pound Puppies, and Care Bears: Welcome to Care-a-Lot. And I'm probably only of those people who isn't interested any of Hasbro's other shows...

Well, that's not true, I've been meaning to watch Transformers Prime, but I've just never found the time. As for the others, well... G.I. Joe Renegades, I MIGHT check out, but Transformers Prime has a higher priority for me, and I can only watch so many shows (I'm also currently watching Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, Revolution, and other miscellaneous TV shows I've recorded). Pound Puppies, yeah, didn't look interesting at ALL, and Care Bears... Ugh... Like, I know Amy Keating Rogers is working on the show, but I still can't get past how the show looks (she wasn't my favorite writer from FiM anyway). Like, some might find it appealing, I don't. CG is always hard to get down right, especially compared to what you can do with 2D animation, and the series just looks kind of dull to me... Not to mention, Beastly was much better when he worked for Noheart.

So, anyway, to add to their list of TV shows based on one of their many products, Hasbro is going to air a show based on the Littlest Pet Shop franchise, which airs the same day as the Friendship is Magic season 3 premiere. My experience with this toy franchise has been limited. We had a board game based on it that I played with my sister a lot (I would always be the turtle, because I like turtles), and my sisters would have some toys, just like My Little Pony, but that was it. I heard there was an old TV show based on this franchise, but unlike the MLP TV show, I don't think it caught on... since I only know about this through Wikipedia. The first time I heard about this was over on Equestria Daily, where it was mentioned that several of the talents on FiM would also be working on this show. I didn't really think much of that since, like I said, Amy Keating Rogers now works on Care Bears and I didn't care much for that (oh the irony XP ). So I was pretty much prepared to just skim over this show like the others, until I saw this:

...Wow. So, apparently, Daniel Ingram, the song-writer for FiM, is also a key composer for this show, too. As for the other talents, Ashleigh Ball (Rainbow Dash and Applejack) is the voice of the girl, Tabitha St. Germain (Rarity and Princess Luna) is the voice of the skunk, Nicole Oliver (Princess Celestia and Cheerilee) is the voice of the purple dog (whether she's the dog's singing voice too, I don't know), and Peter New (Big Macintosh) is the voice of the blue mongoose. The series will also feature Kathleen Barr ("The Great and Powerful" Trixie, Queen Chrysalis of the Changelings, and the voice of Kevin from Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy) as the owner of the pet shop, and one of the writers is M.A. Larson, who not only writes for FiM but also wrote for My Gym Partner's A Monkey (er...), Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil (um...), and Sym-Biotic Titan (HELL YEAH!), as well as writing for an episode of Gravity Falls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.

Speaking of Foster's, that's what this show reminds me of the most. The idea behind Foster's was that there was a mansion full of imaginary friends, but they were all up for adoption, so at any minute they can be adopted and taken off the show, possibly for good. It's something the show did NOT shy away from, in fact one episode was dedicated to Mac and Bloo trying to PREVENT their "friends" from being adopted. I can't help but wonder if this show will go down the same route...

I should also probably mention that I don't think the animation's that stellar, especially compared to MLP. While bright colors and interesting background are present in both shows, I feel this one doesn't have the same appealing design that MLP does. Like, there's nothing wrong with how the animals or the girl looks, they're just not as immediately adorable as Lauren Faust's absolutely perfect pony designs. Also, I haven't seen much of the show's actual animation, outside of this one clip, and so far, it doesn't seem nearly as on-par with FiM's, but then again, it IS just starting out, and perhaps it will get better over time, like FiM.

Then again, it's a bit too soon to make assumptions about the show. After all, as they say, assuming makes and ass out of you. :P

For the moment, I'll just same I'm intrigued by the show and will add it to the long, long, LONG list of shows I'll check out when I find the time.

Smashgoom202 said:
...Wow. So, apparently, Daniel Ingram, the song-writer for FiM, is also a key composer for this show, too.
Run for cover.

I'll check it if I hear good things about it. It has alot of things carried over from Friendship is Magic (Animation, some writers, composer, etc.). But I don't think that's enough for me to want to see the first episode when it premieres.

IcicleRain said:
I'll give it a go when it comes to Ireland, I guess.
As for Transformers Prime; watch it. Definetly.
Watching episode one right on on YouTube. So far, so awesome!

I hope this dosen't turn into a fad like MLP. I still find it funny that people on here like those type of shows.

Yoshidude99 said:
I hope this dosen't turn into a fad like MLP. I still find it funny that people on here like those type of shows.

I'm pretty sure even if the show ends up being decent it won't be as big as fat as FiM was. There was a whole ton of factors that contributed to the success of that show that this show even with some of the staff that worked on FiM just isn't enough to bolster it. Not many shows in history ever have for that matter.

Yoshidude99 said:

Doubtful. I'd say quite a few Bronies are only Bronies because of the fandom itself rather than the show. Also question: Have you watched the show?

Epic Nitwit said:
Yoshidude99 said:

Doubtful. I'd say quite a few Bronies are only Bronies because of the fandom itself rather than the show. Also question: Have you watched the show?

I know you were talking to Yoshidude but I just want to say that I'm into the show hugely because of both. FiM is an amazing show in my honest opinion for more reasons then one. And the speed, talent, and overall size of the fandom brings me back even more. You being a fan yourself, I think you understand at least some of that assessment.

Yoshidude99 said:
Well, you know what happened when Care-a-Lot was announced.

"Belly Bros"...shiver.

Smashgoom202 said:
which airs the same day as the Friendship is Magic season 3 premiere
They're screwed. FiM Season 3 will overshadow this shit by a longshot.

Gir said:
Yoshidude99 said:
Well, you know what happened when Care-a-Lot was announced.

"Belly Bros"...shiver.

At least someone didn't make the mistake of trying to advertise Pet Shop as the next Friendship is Magic. By now Care Bears probably have had a few episodes by now, and we don't see anyone talking about it. I think at the very least it will succeed more then the Care Bears show, but if it's going to be anywhere near the Time slot of Friendship is Magic. Most are just going to watch the FiM episode then head to their computers to discuss what they thought of the episode rather then stick around (If it's after) to see it.

I bet Hasbro will pull a stunt like "bronies turn on television 30 minutes before premier, littlest pet shop is on. they either have to sit through it or tweet fellow bronies 'ONLY 30 MINUTES LEFT'"

Gir said:
Smashgoom202 said:
which airs the same day as the Friendship is Magic season 3 premiere
They're screwed. FiM Season 3 will overshadow this *bleep* by a longshot.
Well, obviously, it's not going to air AT THE SAME TIME as the season 3 premiere. I mean, they're both supposed to be on the same channel, how are they going to do that?! That said, I wonder if it's going to air immediately after the season 3 premiere... I mean, some might just way a little after the credits as opposed to turning off the TV and not turning it on again, since they're too busy talking to their Brony friends about how awesome/overrated the season premiere is.

I think the people who worked on this show saw how well that MLP was changed from a little girls show to a little girls show with a large fanbase, and they think they can do the same with Littlest Pet Shop.

Well YOU AIN'T GONNA CATCH ME OUT THAT EASILY, HA HA!!

Even if this gets a "fanbase," I at least doubt it would be even be near half the size of the pony fanbase in its days of May, 2011.

Pokémon Trainer Toad85 said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Pokémon Trainer Toad85 said:
Smashgoom202 said:
...Wow. So, apparently, Daniel Ingram, the song-writer for FiM, is also a key composer for this show, too.
Run for cover.
I don't get it.

I hate Daniel Ingram's work with a passion.
Do you? Because I fucking love it. Seriously, ALL of his MLP songs, either catchy, awesome, or just SO appealing to listen to... Except one, but then again, that was PURPOSEFULLY meant to suck. To see someone who not only hates his work, but hates it with a PASSION, is something I find very strange... Unless you hate it BECAUSE they're so damn catchy and you want to kill him for creating such annoyingly catchy songs.

Smashgoom202 said:
Do you? Because I fucking love it. Seriously, ALL of his MLP songs, either catchy, awesome, or just SO appealing to listen to... Except one, but then again, that was PURPOSEFULLY meant to suck. To see someone who not only hates his work, but hates it with a PASSION, is something I find very strange... Unless you hate it BECAUSE they're so damn catchy and you want to kill him for creating such annoyingly catchy songs.
It's actually the fact that they're not catchy, awesome, or appealing to listen to that makes me want to kill him (figuratively, of course).

I think I said this before on another forum, but most of the songs written by Ingram sound like chicken scratch vocalized to me.

Wait... "chicken scratch"? I think I know who you are. You're over on Equestria Forums! Hell, even the username there is part of your username here, isn't it?

Actually, I've been meaning you respond to you about your remark about the song in Star Master being pointless, because it DOES have a point, namely Sweetie Belle's awesome singing voice (shut up, it's awesome, you're wrong) wakes up the chickens, leading to Elizabeak running off into the Everfree Forest leading to the climax. Yeah.

Well, I can understand if you just don't like Daniel Ingram's work, but I don't think it's worth "taking cover" for, since clearly SO MANY PEOPLE enjoy his songs, myself included. I wish I knew how you felt, or how you hear his songs, because I honestly can't understand how anyone could genuinely NOT like or get into his songs.

Smashgoom202 said:
Wait... "chicken scratch"? I think I know who you are. You're over on Equestria Forums! Hell, even the username there is part of your username here, isn't it?

Username's the same, avatar's the same OC, signature's Layton-related, hatred of Stare Masters vocalized...

...and it took you this long

:\

Back