The worst game over in any Mario game

I have seen creepier stuff,but for a Mario game that was kind of an..........interesting Game Over.

There are a lot of say no losses. If you say yes to Dimentio you die, if you say no to Merlin in the beginning of the story it's game over as well.

Icanhasgoomba said:
There are a lot of say no losses. If you say yes to Dimentio you die, if you say no to Merlin in the beginning of the story it's game over as well.

Yeah,I didn't even get the point in choosing in this game.

if you refuse to put on the space helmet after tippi keeps nagging you tippi says "Goodbye... Mario..." and Mario dies.

How about the one where Mario reads the diary of Ghost T.?

Super Mario 64, Mario's head, the red background and the music distorting kind of scared me as a kid.

Also,

Baby Luigi said:

The Game Over music played on Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island was quite creepy for me as a kid.

Cirdec said:
The Game Over music played on Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island was quite creepy for me as a kid.
But it's all jazzy. <3

Gir said:
Baby Luigi said:
I never dared to try it. Surprising since TTYD is my all-time favorite game.
It's really not scary at all.
All that happens is it says something along the lines of
Day:Blahblah Month:Blahblah
Today I saw a boat and on that boat......
Then Ghost T. shows up and berates you for reading his diary. Then the screen fades to black and the standard Game Over screen shows up.
There's no penalty for doing it either, seeing as how you can save right before you do it.

I can think of a creepy thing in a Mario game. If you do something on a boss in Mario & Luigi, Superstar Saga, the screen goes black and creepy Cackletta music plays. There's more information on Super Mario Wiki.

marioman1213 said:
I can think of a creepy thing in a Mario game. If you do something on a boss in Mario & Luigi, Superstar Saga, the screen goes black and creepy Cackletta music plays. There's more information on Super Mario Wiki.

Way to be specific.

Radagast the Brown said:
marioman1213 said:

Way to be specific.
I forgot the details.

I would say Super Mario World had a nice Game Over theme. Not very creepy but it makes me think of Late night TV show ending.

Wait are we talking about Game Overs where you lose all lives or where you die but still have more lives?

Super Mario Land 2's game over screen used to scare me when I was younger for whatever reason.

YoshiGo99 said:
I would say Super Mario World had a nice Game Over theme. Not very creepy but it makes me think of Late night TV show ending.

Wait are we talking about Game Overs where you lose all lives or where you die but still have more lives?
Any Game Over

Aside from Yoshi's Story (when I was really little), there aren't any game over screens in Mario games that creep me out too much.

Donkey Kong Country, on the other hand...

Back