SSB4 Classic Mode

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
What do you want in the next Classic Mode?

Personally, I'd like more randomized opponents as opposed to what Brawl did:
1. Zelda
2. Yoshi or DK
3. Pokemon
4. Fire Emblem or Earthbound/Mother
5. Break the Targets
6. Kirby
7. Metroid or Pikmin
8. Star Fox or F-Zero
9. Mario
10. R.O.B., Kid Icarus, Ice Climbers, or Mr. Game and Watch,
11. Wario, Snake or Sonic
12. Break the Targets
13. Three Random Characters
14. Master Hand

and instead of fighting a random metal character, it'd be more interesting if the metal, giant, and bunny conditions were randomized as well.

The Little Traitor Dudes For Children's Defense said:

That'd be hilarious hearing the announcer say "BUNNY *insert character name*"

Well on topic. I agree it should be a tad more randomized then it was in Brawl. Not that there was anything too wrong with it. Also bringing back Board the Platforms would be cool. Along with having Targets that are made different for each character.

Northern Verve said:
Board the Platforms would be cool.

Oh yeah, that too. Preferably with some rewards for completing them kind of like how Brawl gave the player trophies for completing Target Smash levels with a certain number/all characters or in a time limit.

I'd like to see something like bonus games like Break the Targets and Board the Platforms appearing when you beat a round under a certain time or with a certain score rather than always appearing after a set amounts of rounds is finished. This would make it possible to get massive points from completing all of the rounds with the bonus games after each one plus getting an achievement of sorts for doing so.

Board the Platforms NEEDS to return

Staraptor said:
and instead of fighting a random metal character, it'd be more interesting if the metal, giant, and bunny conditions were randomized as well.
You just might be onto something there.. how cool would it be to have randomized special matches (all the specials)

I want the announcer to have a different voice clip for different forms of characters so it doesn't sound weird

Mikan Tsumiki said:
I want the announcer to have a different voice clip for different forms of characters so it doesn't sound weird

Just like Metal Mario and Giant Donkey Kong in Super Smash Bros.?

Baby Luigi said:
Mikan Tsumiki said:

Just like Metal Mario and Giant Donkey Kong in Super Smash Bros.?
Plus Yoshi Team and (probably) other ones

Bring back board the platforms and race to the finish. Hyrule castle stage please.

I did input the following at one point...

Classic Mode should revert back to how it operated in Melee, but with some various additions...

Stage 1: 1 vs. 1
Stage 2: 2 vs. 2
Stage 3: Multi-Man Battle (x10)
Bonus 1: Target Smash
Stage 4: 1 vs. 1
Stage 5: 3 vs. 1 (giant)
Stage 6: Multi-Man Battle (x15)
Bonus 2: Platform Jump (AKA: Board the Platforms)
Stage 7: 1 vs. 1
Stage 8: Multi-Man Battle (x20)
Stage 9: 1 vs. 1 (metal)
Bonus 3: Race to the Finish!
Stage 10: Fighting Alloy Team (x30)
Stage 11: 1 vs. 1 vs. 1 vs. 1 (Free-for-all)
Stage 12-1: Master Hand (all skill levels)
Stage 12-2: Master Hand & Crazy Hand (Normal, Hard, Very Hard, and Intense only)

All opponents would be random, meaning no franchise orders or anything. Also, you never face the exact same character more than once; if you face Mario in stage 1, he will not be your opponent for the other stages. Your teammates from stage 2 and stage 5 can still end up as your opponents though.

Regarding Master Hand, you'd only face him on the Very Easy and Easy skill levels. If you're playing Normal, Hard, Very Hard, or Intense, however, Crazy Hand will appear if you reach stage 12 without continuing, and within 15 minutes.

Regarding the Intense difficulty level, it won't be available right off the bat. To unlock the Intense difficulty level, you'll have to complete the first 5 skill levels first. Fortunately, clearing the Intense difficulty level isn't mandatory, as it's merely a bonus difficulty level.

MnSG said:
I did input the following at one point...

Classic Mode should revert back to how it operated in Melee, but with some various additions...

Stage 1: 1 vs. 1
Stage 2: 2 vs. 2
Stage 3: Multi-Man Battle (x10)
Bonus 1: Target Smash
Stage 4: 1 vs. 1
Stage 5: 3 vs. 1 (giant)
Stage 6: Multi-Man Battle (x15)
Bonus 2: Platform Jump (AKA: Board the Platforms)
Stage 7: 1 vs. 1
Stage 8: Multi-Man Battle (x20)
Stage 9: 1 vs. 1 (metal)
Bonus 3: Race to the Finish!
Stage 10: Fighting Alloy Team (x30)
Stage 11: 1 vs. 1 vs. 1 vs. 1 (Free-for-all)
Stage 12-1: Master Hand (all skill levels)
Stage 12-2: Master Hand & Crazy Hand (Normal, Hard, Very Hard, and Intense only)

All opponents would be random, meaning no franchise orders or anything. Also, you never face the exact same character more than once; if you face Mario in stage 1, he will not be your opponent for the other stages. Your teammates from stage 2 and stage 5 can still end up as your opponents though.

Regarding Master Hand, you'd only face him on the Very Easy and Easy skill levels. If you're playing Normal, Hard, Very Hard, or Intense, however, Crazy Hand will appear if you reach stage 12 without continuing, and within 15 minutes.

Regarding the Intense difficulty level, it won't be available right off the bat. To unlock the Intense difficulty level, you'll have to complete the first 5 skill levels first. Fortunately, clearing the Intense difficulty level isn't mandatory, as it's merely a bonus difficulty level.

Agreed.

not sure if anyone sees eye to eye with me on this but i really dont care about classic mode anymore.

After Melee's adventure mode and brawl's subspace emissary, classic just feels really lackluster and i feel that it should be taken out entirely, of course i guess thats just me though, although i guess i could understand if others wanted it to still exist.

Northern Verve said:
The Little Traitor Dudes For Children's Defense said:

That'd be hilarious hearing the announcer say "BUNNY *insert character name*"

Well on topic. I agree it should be a tad more randomized then it was in Brawl. Not that there was anything too wrong with it. Also bringing back Board the Platforms would be cool. Along with having Targets that are made different for each character.

"Versus: Bunny Ganondorf!"

Yeah, make the opponent selection completely random like in Melee. Also, give each character their own Break the Targets stages, instead of having the same 5 levels for all characters. And yes, Board the Platforms and Race to the Finish need to return.

Back