Why do people hate Paper Mario 1 for being too easy?

But the fact is, it's not made up. GreenDisaster proved that there is indeed a site that claims Paper Mario to be too easy, which might be where PDI is getting his info from.

Then again, that site eats paste. Paper Mario getting a 3/10 for originality? 0_o

Baby Luigi said:
But the fact is, it's not made up. GreenDisaster proved that there is indeed a site that claims Paper Mario to be too easy, which might be where PDI is getting his info from.

Then again, that site eats paste. Paper Mario getting a 3/10 for originality? 0_o
The fuck.

RPGamer said:
If fact, that is likely one of the most annoying parts of the game. Since everything is spelled out so clearly, all the time, there's not a lot of exploration and experimentation to do. Like typical Nintendo titles, there are numerous objects to collect, but Mario is hardly required to find them all in order to defeat Bowser. The objects, mostly Star Pieces and Badges, are mainly there to keep the RPGamer occupied once the game has been mastered. Even the riddles and quizzes are brain-dead easy, leaving little challenge in the game. Except for the final fight, all the enemies are basically pushovers requiring basic strategy at best. Also in typical Nintendo style, there is no chance to save after defeating Bowser, so in order to get back and gain more items make a very long journey back to Toad Town.
The paragraph that sums up the site's criticisms.

You know, people are allowed to have their opinions, but even I think that their opinion is quite absurd.

I wasn't so much talking about the mouthy people on the internet doggin' on the game, or online game reviews or any of that doggerel. I was referring mainly to a personal experience with an older friend of mine in the 5th grade. But he was in the 4th grade at the time and I in the third. I bragged about just beating Paper Mario N64 as well as Banjo-Tooie recently. And he said "Yeah, well those are wussy games!" And I said "What do you mean?" And he replied that they were "easy beaters". That asshole.

MCS said:

Then why did you say "Why do people hate Paper Mario 1 for being too easy?" if you were referring to one person?

"Why did he jump up to conclusions so quickly" would be a better question...

Because clearly one person = entire population

Braeburn said:
3 for originality,
Yes, because we've certainly seen a desert ruins, haunted forest with a Boo-infested mansion, barren wasteland with an outdated castle, a toybox filled with cutesy details and SHY GUYS, a Yoshi island with a dense jungle and active volcano, flowery field that has been covered in clouds thanks to the chapter boss, icy castle, a valley full of stars, and a castle in the stratosphere in a Mario game many times.
Braeburn said:
5 for plot,
Yes, because Bowser stealing the Star Rod and making himself invincible, trapping the seven Star Spirits in cards and distributing them among his trusted minions, and lifting Peach's castle into the sky? Seen before!
Braeburn said:
and 3 for replay value.
Defiantly true, because I've replayed the game four times.

Seriously, they need to go fuck themselves.

Pyro said:
Braeburn said:
3 for originality,
Yes, because we've certainly seen a desert ruins, haunted forest with a Boo-infested mansion, barren wasteland with an outdated castle, a toybox filled with cutesy details and SHY GUYS, a Yoshi island with a dense jungle and active volcano, flowery field that has been covered in clouds thanks to the chapter boss, icy castle, a valley full of stars, and a castle in the stratosphere in a Mario game many times.
Braeburn said:
5 for plot,
Yes, because Bowser stealing the Star Rod and making himself invincible, trapping the seven Star Spirits in cards and distributing them among his trusted minions, and lifting Peach's castle into the sky? Seen before!
Braeburn said:
and 3 for replay value.
Defiantly true, because I've replayed the game four times.

Seriously, they need to go fuck themselves.

Agreed *brofist*

i haven't read the review, but it sounds pretty dumb so i'm not going to even waste my time with it

The scores themselves should tell you how credible the review is.

It isn't.

This is pretty much why I no longer read reviews. People are entitled to their own opinions, but since people have different opinons, what one person says about the game may not reflect what others (the majority say).

I find watching videos to be more reliable if you want to know how a new game feels.

Well I sometimes read multiple reviews to get a glimpse on the game, but you're right. I hardly ever find review reliable. I draw my own judgements from playing the games themselves. Any games I had fun in, I'd rate it higher.

Which is why, in my perspective, Mario Party has far better games than any Mario platformer has to offer.

While it is an ungodly easy game I've never heard much complaints about it. Considering everything else is great anyway.

Same goes for pm2 as well.

Both are amazing games but don't have much challenge.

EDIT:

Crap this was bumped from almost a month ago, dang it iceshadow.

yeah seriously, why

this thread in a nutshell: 9-year old boy hears from his friend he thinks Paper Mario 1 is too easy, the 9-year old thinks his friend is multiple people, and this topic was made. just let it die, please

Back