Why do people hate change????????

I don't hate change.

Change can be a very good thing sometimes. Sunshine was a fantastic game. SPM was alright, though I'm not really into the action RPG genre to begin with. A lot of change at a time can be a bit disconcerting, but gradual development and growth of a series' gameplay can make what was once a good game into a great one.

I do hate loose change, though.

The way it noisily jingles around in your pocket just.... ugh.

I didn't buy SPM because it was not a rpg.
For Sunshine I liked it but those blue coins were annoying...

Yoshidude99 said:
Bronto Burt said:
Because it's not the gameplay they expected like in the older games.

Well, I'm not one of those change haters, I loved SMS and SPM.
This. Change in Mario isn't bad. Party 9 was also cool but some people didn't see it because they straight away assumed it was bad.

Agree for Mario Party 9.

SPM was good but when I played the original, it was sooooooooooooo much better.

Quite simply, some people will hate the change in Mario games if it doesn't work well in their opinion. It's the reason why I didn't like MP9, and while I liked SPM and Sunshine, I can definitely understand why people would hate the changes in either of those.

Smasher said:
Quite simply, some people will hate the change in Mario games if it doesn't work well in their opinion. It's the reason why I didn't like MP9, and while I liked SPM and Sunshine, I can definitely understand why people would hate the changes in either of those.
Per, my exact opinion.

Magikrazy said:
I think the opinion on Sunshine depends on whether someone likes FLUDD or not.
I loved FLUDD, but I thought the game wasn't that great. I thought the ideas were really good but they just didn't work.

Magikrazy said:
I think the opinion on Sunshine depends on whether someone likes FLUDD or not.

Well, I love FLUDD and the game.

Super Mario Bros. 2 was vastly different from the other Super Mario Bros. titles. And I LOVED that game.

Fans are just freaking fickle.

I'm pretty sure the same people who bombast Sticker Star and SPM for being different bombast NSMB2 for being the same.

DonnyKD said:

I'm pretty sure the same people who bombast Sticker Star and SPM for being different bombast NSMB2 for being the same.
No I hate NSMB2 for being stupid and for being a waste of money when there are better games from the same franchise released in the last 7 years that I will now list them (only including main series games)
New Super Mario Bros.
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Super Paper Mario
Mario Kart Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 2

Cheyenne Bodie said:
there are better games from the same franchise released in the last 7 years that I will now list them (only including main series games)
Super Paper Mario
Mario Kart Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 2
You can just say the new sequel to SMB didn't pass, but comparing different games is meaningless.
Since it's declared to be a sequel, those who have 3DS might already buy NSMB1 first.

Cheyenne Bodie said:
DonnyKD said:

No I hate NSMB2 for being stupid and for being a waste of money when there are better games from the same franchise released in the last 7 years that I will now list them (only including main series games)
New Super Mario Bros.
Super Paper Mario
Mario Kart Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 2

Apart mini games, why NSMB > NSMB 2? The last one is actually less easy and short than the first one.

Cirdec said:
Cheyenne Bodie said:
DonnyKD said:

New Super Mario Bros.
Super Paper Mario
Mario Kart Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 2

Apart mini games, why NSMB > NSMB 2? The last one is actually less easy and short than the first one.

Because NSMB

1. Had better level design.
2. Didn't focus the game around a useless gimmick (the coin-collecting would be okay if you got a half-decent reward)
3. Was actually original (don't blame it for two mediocre sequels)

Cheyenne Bodie said:
DonnyKD said:

New Super Mario Bros.
Super Paper Mario
Mario Kart Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 2
wait SMG was better than SMG2 .

Nabber said:
Cheyenne Bodie said:
DonnyKD said:

New Super Mario Bros.
Super Paper Mario
Mario Kart Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 2
wait SMB was better than SMG2 .
*SMG was better than SMG2

Yeah, I've not been very impressed by first-party Nintendo games of late.

With second-party though we've got DKCR and the Pokemon franchise, so...

DKCR is actually a great model for new Mario platformers. It's tough as nails without being Battletoads-level unbeatable, looks great, and has clever level design; other than the terrible cave world, each level is special.

Mario Kart 7 is good but they didn't include Toadette and Waluigi and they put in METAL MARIO

Gummy said:
DKCR is actually a great model for new Mario platformers. It's tough as nails without being Battletoads-level unbeatable, looks great, and has clever level design; other than the terrible cave world, each level is special.

Yeah, but that's using DKC mechanics and stuff, if you replaced Mario with DK, it wouldn't fit very well. That's why different series usually end up having different styles. Although a new style for Mario games would be nice.

Crackin355 said:
Gummy said:

Yeah, but that's using DKC mechanics and stuff, if you replaced Mario with DK, it wouldn't fit very well. That's why different series usually end up having different styles. Although a new style for Mario games would be nice.

I don't mean that literally. I mean that DKCR's levels of difficulty, variety of level design, and really beautiful graphics (the latter of which we're seeing in NSMBU) would be great for a Mario platformer.

Gummy said:
Crackin355 said:
Gummy said:

I don't mean that literally. I mean that DKCR's levels of difficulty, variety of level design, and really beautiful graphics (the latter of which we're seeing in NSMBU) would be great for a Mario platformer.

Oh, well yeah, that would be pretty good to see sometime.

Blue Paratroopa said:
Mario Kart 7 is good but they didn't include Toadette and Waluigi and they put in METAL MARIO

Agree, AGREE!

Nabber said:
Cheyenne Bodie said:
DonnyKD said:

New Super Mario Bros.
Super Paper Mario
Mario Kart Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Nope

Cheyenne Bodie said:
Nabber said:
Cheyenne Bodie said:
DonnyKD said:

New Super Mario Bros.
Super Paper Mario
Mario Kart Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Nope

What games you like and don't like is all a matter of opinion.

But if its a game that hasn't come out yet and you already hate it, then it's not an opinion, it's stubbornness.

Back