Sonic CD is evil!

IceShadow1199

NOPE, THE PARASOL ISN'T A KIRBY IDEA I SWEAR
Banned User
Sonic CD, has some scary crap on it. The Game Over music from the USA soundtrack is terrifying as hell. Don't listen to this at night...

Also, there's the Boss music in the US, don't listen to this at night, okay?

But to fuel your nightmares, there's a sound test in Sonic CD that allows you to see pictures that weren't used in the game.

Okay, to go to the Sound Test:

On the title screen: Press Down, Down, Down, Left, Right, A

In the sound test, enter those numbers 46, 12, 25

And have yourselves a creepy picture with Japanese text and a trollfaced Sonic, the US Boss music plays with this hell-ish picture

2239801_med.png

Sorry about the bad quality, I was too afraid to look for a picture of the message. I had no choice so I used this one.

The Japanese text says: Fun is Infinite Sega Enterprises Signed, Majin.

Majin means demon in Japan, also it could be a developer's name.

Really SEGA?

No.

Also have a cookie for your courage.

NOOOOOOOOOO T_T

I watched this during the day but I still won't sleep this night.

for comparison here's the japanese game over theme (a slowed down version of their theme song)

the boss music:

but that picture isn't really scary

i just see it as sonic and mario in a blender

Sonic CD killed my family.

Stone Cold Steve Austin said:
the boss music:

I love the boss music in Japan, for some reason I hear someone in the background saying "Work that son of a bitch"

Monobear said:

WAT? O_O

Just like a few other games, the song in japanese are cool but in American are lame or scary. The picture wasn't scary at all, but the combination of picture-music combined with secretly hidden scene is just... creepy as hell.

This is why I don't like CD. That sound test picture is creepy and the bosses music especially and the pinball boss takes ages for me to defeat.

I already knew about that shit

I just want to know what kind of idiot developer would put that as a secret in the game. Maybe he thought 'Oh, no one will find it' but nope, developers have to learn that if you put a secret in the game, people WILL find it under any circumstance. I saw a video of it on YouTube, I honestly only find the beginning part of the music scary, with the creepy laugh, but everything else beyond that point of the music sounds interesting.

EDIT: Oh, and if you notice they reused one of the laughs from the Game Over theme in the beginning of the Sound Test jam

anyways, I gifted Mariomario64 this today as a birthday present

Lol, I wonder what Mariomario64 thinks of it...

MCS said:
I honestly only find the beginning part of the music scary, with the creepy laugh

This, also did you notice how the laugh's voice looks alot like Santa Claus?

In the Japanese version, finding the creepy picture isn't that much of a problem since the JP Boss music isn't so fucked up as the US one.

Bronto Burt said:
Monobear said:

WAT? O_O
Well you see, it was a dark night. I had been out, doing things alone. One of my siblings had recently purchased this game. When I got home, I called out to them, but I got no answer. I rushed into the room where the game was on, and I found my siblings slumped over the controller, dead. I hurried to check on my parents, but they were dead too. I looked at the game, and there was only a normal screen. It wasn't until years later that I realized the truth behind this game. Now I burn every copy I see with holy fire and then extinguish the ashes with holy water and stick it in a holy box and bury it in holy ground to keep everyone from seeing...that screen!

Meh, that's a really sad story. I feel bad for your family.

Bronto Burt said:
Meh, that's a really sad story. I feel bad for your family.
Please don't tell me you took that seriously...

Sonic CD was legendary as one of the very few games that were good on the Sega CD, and it's a very good game in it's own right.

GreenDisaster said:
Please don't tell me you took that seriously...
Well, it's pretty hard to detect sarcasm in posts like that, but whatever.
GreenDisaster said:
Sonic CD was legendary as one of the very few games that were good on the Sega CD, and it's a very good game in it's own right.
When did I say the game was bad? It's one of my FAVORITE Sonic games

But it's has a dark side, that's why I called it evil.

Sonic CD was legendary as one of the very few games that were good on the Sega CD

If your only exposure to the SCD comes from the AVGN review, maybe (lol).

Monobear said:
Bronto Burt said:
Monobear said:

WAT? O_O
Well you see, it was a dark night. I had been out, doing things alone. One of my siblings had recently purchased this game. When I got home, I called out to them, but I got no answer. I rushed into the room where the game was on, and I found my siblings slumped over the controller, dead. I hurried to check on my parents, but they were dead too. I looked at the game, and there was only a normal screen. It wasn't until years later that I realized the truth behind this game. Now I burn every copy I see with holy fire and then extinguish the ashes with holy water and stick it in a holy box and bury it in holy ground to keep everyone from seeing...that screen!
is that why you bring despair to everyone now

also i played sonic cd. it was okay but the special stages are impossible.

yes, my exposure to sonic cd was the most despair-inducing event in the history of mankind

Bronto Burt said:
2239801_med.png

The Japanese text says: Fun is Infinite Sega Enterprises Signed, Majin.
This was enough to scare me, and I'm not afraid of the fucking River Twygz Bed!

Pyro said:
This was enough to scare me, and I'm not afraid of the fucking River Twygz Bed!

I'm not scared of River Twygz Bed either.

Back