Super High-School Level Dangan Ronpa Discussion! (Spoilers ahead!)

Who is your favorite DR2 character?

• Hajime Hinata

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nagito Komaeda

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Chiaki Nanami

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Teruteru Hanamura

• Sonia Nevermind

• Peko Pekoyama

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Byakuya Togami

• Kazuichi Souda

• Nekomaru Nidai

• Ibuki Mioda

• Akane Owari

• Mikan Tsumiki

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gundam Tanaka

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Hiyoko Saionji

• Mahiru Koizumi

• Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu

• Monobear

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Usami

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Actually kinda bittersweet, since he had a good reason to want to go back home. Not exactly worth killing anyone for, but still.

Chapter 1 is finally over. (took him long enough)

From this point I know Nagito will be the secondary villain from this point on.

The execution was epic although I did feel sorry for him because he wanted to head home.

The following is speculation and is a spoiler to the ending of DR1 and the more recent updates of DR2.

So Super High School Level Despair, they craved despair right? How Junko enjoying being executed because of the despair coming from it?

The way Nagato craves hope, how he wanted to kill so he could show that hope can win against despair. Which is basically the exact opposite of what Junko was like. Wouldn't that make him SHSL: Hope? And who was granted that same title in DR1? Makoto. There has to be a reason for that connection.

The whole Nagato = Makoto thing is a bit to far fetched for me, though it was my original thought, it may not be completely true, but there is a connection there. And the theory about Junko that had been going around since the beginning of DR! ended up true.

The stuff in the second spoiler hasn't been shown in the LP yet, but I caught a glimpse of something on TVTropes...
So what, no explanation at all for Togami?
There's a Future Foundation. So something tells me Makoto probably created some kind of foundation for this. And maybe Togami was sent in to watch over everyone and make sure things went smoothly? It's possible then that he was wearing a fat suit that would prevent stabs, but it's equally possible that he was just willing to sacrifice his life for the future.

I got bored and before my interest in this diminished I decided to spoil the game for myself.

Gundam Tanaka said:
So what, no explanation at all for Togami?

There is an explanation eventually.

Aw... Poor Hanamura. I hope his mom's okay, that's incredibly sad. I didn't expect to get hit this hard during the first trial-- I cry too easily and I was tearing up a little at that update. Haha, I'm really in for some despair if this is how the upcoming trials are going to be. I'm excited for the next chapter!

Fred said:
best part of the update was definitely togami wearing the night-vision goggles
2uHevQH.png

My steam avatar.

Everyone on SA has been saying how that's the best line of the game. Didn't find it so hysterical, though as someone pointed out, it's nice that Hinata isn't being such a Naegi.

double post but w/e
This is a depiction of Hanamura wearing the sheet cloth which he used to avoid bloodstains
2EiKbwp.jpg

For some reason the thread is locked again meaning that this may be on hold.

I think Slowbeef just locked the thread because people were getting too off-topic. Nothing to worry about.

Guess what guys...

You'll love what just happened

so onen talked in a video. i cant place his accent though. can anyone tell what it is?

QuizmoManiac said:
so onen talked in a video. i cant place his accent though. can anyone tell what it is?

I haven't heard his voice, but IIRC he is German.

I may be completely wrong on that though.

Ugh SA seem like they are going to have a permanent Paywell.

Without a doubt SA is the worst forum I've ever been on, not joking.

Back