• 9th

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • 10th

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • 11th

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters
Walkazo said:
I totally didn't expect that it'd be 10 from the post-Donna era. Some might complain that it wasn't the real "Rose", but I liked what they did here. And it was neat that they actually showed the Queen Elizabeth marriage after all the teasing. And she was pretty badass to boot.

And we got our third regeneration Despite the fact that Christopher Eccleston was a no-show: huzzah for CGI. And wow, Tom Baker - and here I had thought the girl's scarf was just a reference, but nope, foreshadowing. Although I thought the "all 13" and the flash of Peter Capaldi's eyes was an even better cameo, but that's just me.

They didn't explain what ended up happening with the humans and the shape shifters, and how the scarf girls knew who was who. I was fine with the dark past, but I suppose it's nice that the Doctor(s) gets to save Gallifrey after all - but of course, with the timey-wimeyness of it all meaning he can't remember until 11 (12? Or maybe just call John Hurt 9A and Eccleston 9B, lol) so as to avoid reconning the past few years (although it does cheapen the pathos a bit in retrospect, imho). Plus now he gets a new quest: finding home. And if Gallifrey's around, maybe someday we'll get the Master back too...

So yeah, so good.
I'm not sure on The Master, I mean he died to defeat the Time Lords and save the 10th Doctor, but I guess with this being a different timepath there is a high possibility of him returning.

Aaahhh that was wonderful

Nothing else needs to be said. That was simply....

...just grand. It's going down as my favourite episode ever.

Demidevimon said:
Walkazo said:
I totally didn't expect that it'd be 10 from the post-Donna era. Some might complain that it wasn't the real "Rose", but I liked what they did here. And it was neat that they actually showed the Queen Elizabeth marriage after all the teasing. And she was pretty badass to boot.

And we got our third regeneration Despite the fact that Christopher Eccleston was a no-show: huzzah for CGI. And wow, Tom Baker - and here I had thought the girl's scarf was just a reference, but nope, foreshadowing. Although I thought the "all 13" and the flash of Peter Capaldi's eyes was an even better cameo, but that's just me.

They didn't explain what ended up happening with the humans and the shape shifters, and how the scarf girls knew who was who. I was fine with the dark past, but I suppose it's nice that the Doctor(s) gets to save Gallifrey after all - but of course, with the timey-wimeyness of it all meaning he can't remember until 11 (12? Or maybe just call John Hurt 9A and Eccleston 9B, lol) so as to avoid reconning the past few years (although it does cheapen the pathos a bit in retrospect, imho). Plus now he gets a new quest: finding home. And if Gallifrey's around, maybe someday we'll get the Master back too...

So yeah, so good.
I'm not sure on The Master, I mean he died to defeat the Time Lords and save the 10th Doctor, but I guess with this being a different timepath there is a high possibility of him returning.
The Master's died a few times, tho. Plus, I forget if we even saw him die in "The End of Time" or just hop into the Time Lock to take Rassilon and his Council with him - who, iirc, were said to be busy or something and thus, left out of the loop about the Doctor's plan here. So if Gallifrey was not destroyed after all, then maybe the Master wasn't destroyed either - and if he can get his destabilized regeneration issues under control, he'd be back in business (probably with a new face to show for it).

Walkazo said:
Demidevimon said:
Walkazo said:

So yeah, so good.
The Master's died a few times, tho. Plus, I forget if we even saw him die in "The End of Time" or just hop into the Time Lock to take Rassilon and his Council with him - who, iirc, were said to be busy or something and thus, left out of the loop about the Doctor's plan here. So if Gallifrey was not destroyed after all, then maybe the Master wasn't destroyed either - and if he can get his destabilized regeneration issues under control, he'd be back in business (probably with a new face to show for it).
I think it'd be great to have him back, and besides even if he did die in the first timeline the Daleks were thought to have been destroyed in the Time War and that was a few that survived, so it's highly possible. He will definitely have regenerated though.

Though I haven't really been enjoying the recent series as much as I enjoyed the earlier series of the revival, I thought this was absolutely fantastic. I especially loved it when this happened:

Vince McMahon said:
tumblr_inline_mwqj5lvq9v1s96y0f.gif

Did anyone see the special episode they released just before this (The Night of the Doctor)? It has Paul McGann.

(and his regeneration into John Hurt)

Vince McMahon said:
anigif_original-grid-image-11578-1385340311-3.gif

look at the eyes

look at the EYEEEEEEEEEES
It's a shame they couldn't actually get Christopher Eccleston back for that one scene. I mean, it's only one scene, and it would have been only for about five seconds.

Duskull said:
War Doctor said:
Duskull said:
This is going to be epic. The last one wasn't so good.
whuuuuuuut
Never mind, I was thinking of the one before that. The Snowmen episode rocked
oh you were talking about the Christmas specials, I thought you meant the day of the doctor lol.

though I probably would have said "whuuuuuuut" anyways, cause the snowmen episode really was epic

ian mckellen snowmen ftw

War Doctor said:
Duskull said:
War Doctor said:
Duskull said:
This is going to be epic. The last one wasn't so good.
whuuuuuuut
Never mind, I was thinking of the one before that. The Snowmen episode rocked
oh you were talking about the Christmas specials, I thought you meant the day of the doctor lol.

though I probably would have said "whuuuuuuut" anyways, cause the snowmen episode really was epic

ian mckellen snowmen ftw
Day of the Doctor rocked, no way am I going to hate on that

Night of the Doctor
Day of the Doctor
Time of the Doctor

Wonder if episode 1 of the next season will be "Dawn of the Doctor", or something like that.

Also, cool, Cybermen for Xmas again. Just like in "The Next Doctor"... which is appropriate since we're getting an actual next Doctor this time around.

it's been said that the three episodes form a trilogy for the end of the eleventh doctor, so I'm not getting my hopes up for a fourth "X of the Doctor"

Of course, there was technically a fourth one, the Night of the Doctor, which features the eighth doctor regenerating into the War doctor. And Stephen Moffat is notorious for twists and changes, so you never know.

The Night of the Doctor was in my little list there... but oh right, I forgot that the last episode of the last season was called The Name of the Doctor. But now that I think about it, the naming convention being used for an episode as well as the specials makes it seem even more possible that the next season opener could follow in the same vein.

Em...hi...merry christmas everybody, im going to be in my granma´s house and she doesnt have "paid tv", but internet, but i need someplace to see "The Time of The Doctor" in livestream, some help plz? thanks

iPlayer is your best bet I'd say.

I thought it was alright, there have been better Christmas specials, it got better near the end.
Still sad that Handles died :(

Back