• 9th

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • 10th

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • 11th

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters
I'm hoping he's kind of dark and secretive like Doctor number 7

Q: Finally, running a show like Doctor Who is always going to be hard work… But how much fun was it? Bringing back the Eighth Doctor?

SM: Oh, it was a complete treat! It was always frustrating that we never got to see more of him! The completist in me… the ‘box set man’ in me wants every box ticked and I wanted every regeneration scene! And we get to see the Paul McGann Doctor regenerate into the John Hurt Doctor! I love regeneration episodes – there’s nothing more exciting! And in the anniversary year we get to see two regenerations… That’s pretty cool!

SM is Steven Moffat

Yeah, I really hoping the end of the special will show another regeneration, or some other transformation and then have a cameo by Eccleston. They said he wasn't in it iirc, but I'm hoping that's just to keep it a surprise.

I know this is obvious, but that means that the 9th doctor is really the 10th, the 10th is the 11th and the 11th is the 12th

no, they're still their respective doctors, John Hurt's doctor isn't technically a doctor.

ergo everyone is still everyone

That was brilliant, that's probably the closest I've ever been to pissing myself with laughter

so just a random question, cause i am planning to watch this;

at what point in time is the 10th doctor in right now, (as in, when does this take place in terms of his chronology) or is that going to be revealed in the episode?

Sometime after his regeneration, as Rose is still with him.

Unless this is one of those "Rose is returning through the parallel universe" episodes.

It'll probably be revealed through the episode.

well uh

that was fantastic

although, i have those really-slight nitpicks

first of all; FUCKIN' DON'T TEASE THE REGENERATION INTO ECCLESTON YOU CAN'T TOY WITH ME LIKE THAT

secondly; so, rose is just a random spirit now? she never really got explained as to why nobody else could see her

thirdly; WHY WOULD YOU BASICALLY SPEND AN ENTIRE SEASON BUILDING UP THE DOCTOR'S REGRET IF ONLY TO RETCON ALL OF THAT AND SAY
"oh yeah, gallifrey is still around lol"

That may be my new favourite episode.

Glad I got most if not all of the references.

Loved the Tom Baker cameo, and although it does defeat the 10th Doctor's final story arc I am looking forward to the retrival of Gallifrey.

Would have loved to have seen more classic doctors in proper roles though.

I think Rose was a form the machine took to talk to The Doctor as she would go on to mean so much to him

Eeeee, so good!

I totally didn't expect that it'd be 10 from the post-Donna era. Some might complain that it wasn't the real "Rose", but I liked what they did here. And it was neat that they actually showed the Queen Elizabeth marriage after all the teasing - and she was pretty badass to boot.

And we got our third regeneration despite the fact that Christopher Eccleston was a no-show: huzzah for CGI. And wow, Tom Baker - and here I had thought the girl's scarf was just a reference, but nope, foreshadowing. Although I thought the "all 13" and the flash of Peter Capaldi's eyes was an even better cameo, but that's just me.

They didn't explain what ended up happening with the humans and the shape shifters, and how the scarf girls knew who was who. I was fine with the dark past, but I suppose it's nice that the Doctor(s) gets to save Gallifrey after all - but of course, with the timey-wimeyness of it all meaning he can't remember until 11 (12? Or maybe just call John Hurt 9A and Eccleston 9B, lol) so as to avoid reconning the past few years (although it does cheapen the pathos a bit in retrospect, imho). Plus now he gets a new quest: finding home. And if Gallifrey's around, maybe someday we'll get the Master back too...

So yeah, so good.

Back