GAME GRUMPS

Smashgoom202 said:
aregularforumuser said:
Smashgoom202 said:
aregularforumuser said:
I think its a joke. i mean, come on. its game grumps.

This all seems to be genuine. If this was a joke, they'd have made it more obvious that it was a joke. Like you said, this IS Game Grumps. This seems WAY too subtle and subdued to be just a joke.

they would have announced it a little bit before he actually left, so people will enjoy the last moments they had with him. and the video isn't really the amount of seriousness(this is gamegrumps, but still) that another show has while somebody leaves.

i mean, come on. i think this is just something to shut the people up who keep whining "ER MAH GERD ER NEERD MER JANTRAN". maybe steam train is serious, but at least if it IS a joke we will have some variety with steam train.
That WOULD make a lot more sense, and you'd THINK that's what they'd do... But then again, they ALSO decided to air a new show on that channel in addition to the announcement, which all feels too genuinely dumb to be a joke.

maybe they started it for more variety. maybe if this is a joke, jon & arin will do the console games, and those other guys will do TEM CUMPUTAH GAEMS

So now that I've actually seen more than one video with him, I can safely say that I still find the show funny and will continue to watch it. I'm still shocked that he didn't know about Doki Doki Panic though.

EDIT: And he didn't know about the Birdo thing? Whatever, the "bow=video game genitalia" joke makes up for it.

My guess is, by the end of this playthrough he'll find out for the first time ever that the game is all a dream.

This makes so much sense now as to why Packy was saying things like "JonTron ;_;" and "then you cried" last night when I was watching some Goof Troop episodes that GameGrumps did. I didn't understand why he was saying that, and now I realize Jon's leaving GameGrumps. That's balls. He's my favorite of them.

I'm actually watching the Goof Troop episodes right now... And honestly, it DOES make me feel said, this playthrough was and still is golden. Again, nothing against Danny, but I don't think they'll ever make a playthrough this hilariously perfect... But who knows, Danny IS kind of funny, even if it IS a different shade of funny compared to JonTron.

Also, I really enjoyed the Super Mario Bros. 2 episode, it's nice to see a Grump that's actually good at the game they claim to be good at (besides Mega Man X). Also, Steam Train; I'm in the minority of people that genuinely enjoyed, and even LAUGHED at the first Miami Hotline episode, but I think the Castle Crashers episode should have been their first one, since they actually introduce themselves, and you're given a bit of context that'll help you tell these two apart, which is kind of hard to do, since their voices aren't quite as distinctive as Arin and Jon's voices.

Yeah, I feel horrible for Ross and Danny because they're catching all the flack for Jon's leave. Danny, I thought was really good and a nice change from the usual routine (He's definitely different, but that isn't a bad thing) and Ross just needs some time to adjust to the whole talking over videogames thing. I liked Hotline Miami as well and it seems that Castle Crashers isn't getting as much hate as the first day (The raging over Jon is starting to quiet down.).

aregularforumuser said:
what's next, barry's gonna leave?
If you see in the Ode to Jon video, he's there along with Arin and Suzy, not to mention Danny's mentioned Barry in the Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! video, so I don't think he's going anywhere.

Cheerilee said:
I think Barry is still friends with Ego and he also gets paid, so yeah he ain't leaving :P
I actually think it's weird, because Barry was Jon's friend first, and he became the editor of this series THROUGH Jon...

Edit: Check this out:

That made me laugh so hard and cry so much!

I lost it when I saw the Dr. Pepper.

Edit2: Someone posted this on another forum:

Barry's tweet: https://twitter.com/razzadoop/status/350468325710643200
A message from Jon's girlfriend:
u1EwcMX.jpg

So most of the rumors surrounding Jon's leaving is pretty much not true... Including the one about Arin and Jon finishing Sonic 06. :'(

Matt Foley said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Heat Man's level is hard!
Not if you beat Air Man first.
That's true... Actually, Arin's kind of making the game harder then by going out of order and not knowing who's weak against who. Of course, if I dare to bring this up, Game Grumps fanatics will throw out a bunch of justifications like how not everyone can know everything, or how he was distracted or whatever. Maybe if I knew Arin's history with this game, and how he can know some things but not everything, I'd feel better, but it still bothers me, in a "I know how to do this so it's difficult to watch someone struggle through something I know how to do" sort of way.

Smashgoom202 said:
Matt Foley said:
Smashgoom202 said:
That's true... Actually, Arin's kind of making the game harder then by going out of order and not knowing who's weak against who. Of course, if I dare to bring this up, Game Grumps fanatics will throw out a bunch of justifications like how not everyone can know everything, or how he was distracted or whatever. Maybe if I knew Arin's history with this game, and how he can know some things but not everything, I'd feel better, but it still bothers me, in a "I know how to do this so it's difficult to watch someone struggle through something I know how to do" sort of way.

Well he did say at the start that he doesn't remember the order of the bosses and he hadn't played it since his mega man x sequelitis, so nobody can say he said he was good at it.

Crackin355 said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Matt Foley said:
Smashgoom202 said:

Well he did say at the start that he doesn't remember the order of the bosses and he hadn't played it since his mega man x sequelitis, so nobody can say he said he was good at it.
Oh, is that what he meant? I thought he said he hadn't played Mega Man (in general) since the Sequelitis video, which confused me, since he played Mega Man 7 with Jon on Game Grumps.

Smashgoom202 said:

in the beginning, arin said that he's significantly better at megaman x than megaman classic

Today is the one-year anniversary if the Game Grumps...

Wow... It's so weird... I never would have thought that one year ago, I'd find something I'd watch ever day without fail... There have definitely been some changes along the way... Shame JonTron couldn't have stayed on this long... It feels so strange, too, I remember when I first started watching this stuff... It was such a blast. It still is in a way...

Way to go, Game Grumps. Keep grumping on for another year and more!

Back